Zach Miller

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Zach Miller
Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:59 pm
  • Devastated by the loss on Sunday needless to say, however, i was wondering that if we had won against Atlanta, would Zach Miller be out for the rest of the playoffs with his foot injury? I know he took a painkiller to come back in the game, but he tore something i can't spell in his foot and i wonder if he would've been available to us in the 49'ers game, and if not, that would have greatly weakened our run game and taken away one of Russell's main targets over the last few weeks.

Thoughts?
    arghawkfan
    NET Practice Squad

Re: Zach Miller
Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:03 pm
  • Too hard to say without fully knowing the extent of his injuries. Had he been unable to go in SF, that would have been a huge blow, especially considering how hot he got for us in the post season.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:09 pm
  • he tore his plantar fascia

OWW
    PAT206
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:14 pm
  • I've had plantar fasciitis (which Red dealt with this season), and it can be unbearably painful to walk on.

I can't imagine tearing it and trying to play like he did. Big OUCH.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:15 pm
  • Miller claims he would have been able to play this week. Said he had played before when this happened to him, so he knew he could play on it and through the pain (happened to the other foot is what I think I heard him say, not sure when).

Would have been fun to find out.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:33 pm
  • Can't remember who said it, but someone close to the situation said that Miller came in on crutches unable to walk the next day. HOWEVER, he would've been good to go this weekend.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:34 pm
  • Explains to me why he runs the way he does. He one of those that needs to learn how to fall - it's like watching a Giant Sequoia go down when he gets tackled.
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:35 pm
  • All in know is that Zach came up HUGE for us in the playoffs and hope to see that carry onto next season as well. He is just too good of a player.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:48 pm
  • razgriz737 wrote:Can't remember who said it, but someone close to the situation said that Miller came in on crutches unable to walk the next day. HOWEVER, he would've been good to go this weekend.

On Monday on Movin' the Chains NFL Radio, Pete said that Miller was on crutches.
    Keyhawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:11 pm
  • The 2nd half of the Atlanta game showed us what this offense could do every game if it really wanted to.

Russell has the arm, our receivers are good enough, our O-line is good enough.

This team can score 30+ points every game.

I firmly believe that.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:16 pm
  • onanygivensunday wrote:The 2nd half of the Atlanta game showed us what this offense could do every game if it really wanted to.

I firmly believe that.

WRs still need to work on getting separation, especially when the play breaks down. There were WAY too many plays this season when Wilson had all day in the pocket and nobody could get open. It was nice to see Tate break off his route and come back towards him to help in the Falcons game.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:02 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    onanygivensunday wrote:The 2nd half of the Atlanta game showed us what this offense could do every game if it really wanted to.

I firmly believe that.

WRs still need to work on getting separation, especially when the play breaks down. There were WAY too many plays this season when Wilson had all day in the pocket and nobody could get open. It was nice to see Tate break off his route and come back towards him to help in the Falcons game.

Yes, this happens too often. We need another big body..preferably one that can get some separation as well. I think passes would go Sidney's way even more if he showed he was more willing to fight for the ball. We need some big, tough freaks like Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:26 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:I've had plantar fasciitis (which Red dealt with this season), and it can be unbearably painful to walk on.

I have too; it's worst when you wake, excruciating getting to the bathroom, especially if it's urgent.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:04 am
  • SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:I've had plantar fasciitis (which Red dealt with this season), and it can be unbearably painful to walk on.

I have too; it's worst when you wake, excruciating getting to the bathroom, especially if it's urgent.

Aww yeah, been there and done that for more than 2 years. Especially if you've been on it and got it loosened up, then sit and let it cool, its beyond belief how damned painful it is.

I've explained methods of treating it in the past but will do so again. I've done all of these by the way and none of them worked for me. Same doctor that just did surgery on my foot back in November.

First thing is tape it, They have a certain way of putting the tape in strips that take some of the stress away from the planter facia. Next, give you shots directly in the heel. I've heard others say its hurt like hell but I didn't think it was bad. I live 4 blocks from the foot doctor and the shot didn't last long enough for me to walk home. lol

Then they go to special fitted instep liners. This is what fixed Grant Wistrom, but it takes more than a week to get that done.

As I said none of those worked for me. My sister had a friend that treated it with diclofenac an anti inflamatory. I went to the doctor, got a perscription for it and it cured me in about 2 hours. That was the day of the grand opening of the Monroe Street Bridge here and I spent about 3 hours walking around that bridge with no pain.

In Miller's case I don't think it was torn more strained. Torn probably means surgery and a long rehab. I took diclofenic steady for about 6 months, tho cut it down to half a pill a day. Continued on that for about a year and tapered off. Had very little trouble since tho don't walk like I used to. If it flairs up I take half a pill twice a day for about a week and am usually ok.

I think in we old duffers have a higher chance of getting it as you lose the cushioning on the bottom of your feet as you get older. Years of walking at drag strips all over the country, 10 Bloomsdays, and walking about 20 miles a week for pleasure must have all contributed. I really miss a 3-4 mile walk on a nice spring morning. Hopeful of being able to do it again if this damned foot ever gets completely well.

:les:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:56 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information