Why I am rooting for the 49ers the rest of the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

kearly

Reaction score
I've noticed that most people here are pulling for the Falcons next week. I'm rooting for the 49ers for a few reasons:

#1: There is a well established trend of Superbowl winners declining the next season. Maybe it's purely psychological, I don't know. But teams tend to let down the next season after they win it. Even the exceptions (2011 Green Bay and 2008 Giants) had quick exits in the postseason.

#2: There is an even more established trend of Superbowl losers declining the next season. An astonishingly high number of Superbowl losers missed the playoffs the next season.

#3: They would have a slightly lower draft pick. You never know, sometimes a couple spots in the draft can a huge difference. I'm still getting over Cameron Jordan / James Carpenter in 2011. SF picked 30th last year and had a terrible draft.

#4: It ratchets up the SF-SEA rivalry to a new high next season.

#5: SF is representing our division. One way to get respect is if people respect the NFC West more.

Sure, Harbaugh is a douche, but I don't really care who wins. I just want whatever situation benefits the Seahawks the most, and I think that SF winning does that. Anything, no matter how small, that helps Seattle's division chances next year is worth rooting for, I think.

Anyway, I'm sure 90% of you will disagree, but those are my :twocents:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Reason #1 why I'm rooting for the Falcons. This is the only rebuttal necessary as far as I'm concerned.

49ers fans.

Though #2, Jim Harbaugh, might be a good follow up.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I hope they get blown out vs. ATL, have a terrible draft and decline next season.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":zleahs8r said:
Reason #1 why I'm rooting for the Falcons. This is the only rebuttal necessary as far as I'm concerned.

49ers fans.

Though #2, Jim Harbaugh, might be a good follow up.
This...not going to root for the devil cause it might help us. I think we'll take care of things ourselves next year, regardless.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3t59dm2t said:
So we're rooting for them to make the SB, but get blown out by the Pats?

I like it.........

he said 'rest of the way' meaning a seahawks fan wants the 49ers to hoist the lombardi trophy.

Which is probably one of the dumber things I've heard.

Do you think any bears fans wanted to see the Packers win it all this year? or vice versa? Absolutely, positively, no freaking way. Because they have tradition and pride. It's time we found some.

I won't even be watching the SB if the 49ers make it. For the first time in as long as I can remember.

Axx

Reaction score
how about 5 more years of losing in the NFC championship game instead?
that would surely get the whiner fans fired up

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I want anything that hastens the eventual Harbaugh explosion and having Kaepernick mess up in the NFC Championship game would make for a rather delightful post conference, don't you think?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1twtcmgs said:
hawksfan515":1twtcmgs said:
So we're rooting for them to make the SB, but get blown out by the Pats?

I like it.........

he said 'rest of the way' meaning a seahawks fan wants the 49ers to hoist the lombardi trophy.

Which is probably one of the dumber things I've heard.

Do you think any bears fans wanted to see the Packers win it all this year? or vice versa? Absolutely, positively, no freaking way. Because they have tradition and pride. It's time we found some.

I won't even be watching the SB if the 49ers make it. For the first time in as long as I can remember.

I thought so LOL. The super bowl losers get screwed over more than the winners (a LOT more) so I hope they get blown out in the SB, and Kaepernick cries with Harbaugh while Tom Brady scores endless touchdowns on them.

hawker84

Reaction score
i hear what you're saying Kearly, but i just cannot bring myself to even pretend to want the niners to win....

if they make it to the SB, and hopefully they won't, i will sadly be rooting for the AFC this year...

that's why i'm hoping the Falcons take care of business.... let the offseason play out as it may, we'll settle it on the field next season...

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I want to see the Falcons tear the Digits a new one. I don't disagree with kearly's points, and unlike many here, I don't care if someone chooses to root for the Digits in this situation. But I would really like to see the response from Digit fans if they drop two NFCCG's in a row. It would be even sweeter if the loss involves a couple of special teams snafus.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Never.
Root.
For.
The.
Niners.

EVER.

The last thing I want is some Niner Fan in here, waving their SIXTH trophy while we have none.
At least those insufferable bastards shut up when I say "quit living in the good old VHS days of your Super Bowls."

hawksfan515

Reaction score
BlueTalon":pcffbinn said:
I want to see the Falcons tear the Digits a new one. I don't disagree with kearly's points, and unlike many here, I don't care if someone chooses to root for the Digits in this situation. But I would really like to see the response from Digit fans if they drop two NFCCG's in a row. It would be even sweeter if the loss involves a couple of special teams snafus.

I'd rather special teams be the only thing that keeps them in it,while Kaepernick shits the bed multiple times. Then again, it would be cool for them to lead most of the game 26-20, and then Matt Ryan get the ball back with 2:00 to go and methodically crush all the 9er fans dreams....

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Rooting for the 49ers to win the superbowl makes you a terrible fan.

Sorry but it's true.

They are our biggest rival. To hope for them to win it all is completely asinine.

I'm not trying to be a jerk.

There is just no way that some "possible trends" of superbowl winners justifies rooting for your arch enemy.

You really want to see Harbaugh smiling and holding up the trophy with kapernick prancing around like a lady dear in the background?

the thought of that makes me sick. If it doesn't make you sick you may want to evaluate your allegiance to your team.

What do you think a seahawks player would say if you told them that's how you want the season to end? The 49ers celebrating their trophy. Give me a break.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
kearly":3frt3y58 said:
I've noticed that most people here are pulling for the Falcons next week. I'm rooting for the 49ers for a few reasons:

#1: There is a well established trend of Superbowl winners declining the next season. Maybe it's purely psychological, I don't know. But teams tend to let down the next season after they win it. Even the exceptions (2011 Green Bay and 2008 Giants) had quick exits in the postseason.

If they win a super bowl, they have accomplished the entire point of the game. Win won so they fall into a coincidental streak of teams not winning another? NE, Pitt and NY have all won multiple recently, so Im not sure what good having them win it all does, other than give them bragging rights.

kearly":3frt3y58 said:
#5: SF is representing our division. One way to get respect is if people respect the NFC West more.

No they aren't, and no it doesn't. If they win, are you going to say "Boy, those Cardinals really aren't so bad!" Do you think more of the Cowyboys, Jets, or Browns because NY, NE, and Pitt have won recent super bowls? Didn't think so.

Would you have pulled for Oakland 10 years ago?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I can't believe someone as smart as kearly would actually post this thread.

Off season trolling? Has to be, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.