if gus or darrel go anywhere...

redhawk253

Reaction score
do they try and bring flynn with them? gus sounds like he is likely headed to the eagles.. they aren't set by any means at qb.. vick type of running qbs are in the past.. then theres bevell apparently a finalist for the bears job.. dont think he has any interest in flynn if he heads there.. but i hear he's also going to interview for jacksonville.. flynn would be a huge upgrade over gabbert and they have some receivers down there that are young n ready to go.. if this occurs i think both teams would likely get a fair trade value and we could either end up with a late 2nd or early 3rd which would be good for trade ups.. or send flynn n swap picks somewhere.

OP
OP
R

redhawk253

Reaction score
or if they dont show any interest in flynn this may be telling as to how good flynn actually is since no one has got to see a lot of him.. but these guys have.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
What would really tell is if they went after TJack instead of Flynn.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
redhawk253":xtmuh575 said:
do they try and bring flynn with them? gus sounds like he is likely headed to the eagles.. they aren't set by any means at qb.. vick type of running qbs are in the past.. then theres bevell apparently a finalist for the bears job.. dont think he has any interest in flynn if he heads there.. but i hear he's also going to interview for jacksonville.. flynn would be a huge upgrade over gabbert and they have some receivers down there that are young n ready to go.. if this occurs i think both teams would likely get a fair trade value and we could either end up with a late 2nd or early 3rd which would be good for trade ups.. or send flynn n swap picks somewhere.

I think Philly is pretty happy with their own rookie QB for right now.

If Bevell goes to the Jags, I could easily see him working out a deal for Flynn.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Why would either want him? Gus is a defense guy, and Bevell has made his name on the back of Russell Wilson and a gameplan tailored to him. Flynn goes against everything Wilson does. What Wilson has done is what has made Bevell attractive to other teams.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
All I gotta say is that if we lose both Gus and Bevell, we might be hurting next year more than some realize.

JKent82

Reaction score
Blitzer88":311t1sxz said:
All I gotta say is that if we lose both Gus and Bevell, we might be hurting next year more than some realize.

Still would have Carroll with the defense, Cable and Wilson with offense. Both huge parts of the philosophy for the team. Honestly wouldn't be the worst thing to bring in more innovative people with fresh ideas. I'm sure Pete finds the opportunity exciting.

Though I will say if I had a choice I'd just as soon keep both around for continuity's sake.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Blitzer88":bovzgmgn said:

There are bound to be differences, but it's entirely possible that we improve as well. Young team, not set in their ways. I'm not a huge fan of Bradley's approach to defensive calls when he's trying to protect a lead (in many games) anyway.

OP
OP
R

redhawk253

Reaction score
SeaTown81":vf6kau5r said:
Why would either want him? Gus is a defense guy, and Bevell has made his name on the back of Russell Wilson and a gameplan tailored to him. Flynn goes against everything Wilson does. What Wilson has done is what has made Bevell attractive to other teams.

whos to say bevell wasn't the driving factor behind signing flynn this past offseason? pete made the call to start russ. also regardless if gus is a defense guy... if he gets a head coaching position he automatically assumes responsibility for an entire team including an offense... duh factor.. and obviously hes got to see flynn up against the defense a lot so if theres anything worthwhile there why wouldn't he go after him...

Blazenhawks

Reaction score
I want to see Lovie Smith as our DC but I don't think that would happen so we would promote with in at DC but I can see us going and getting a college OC to run the read option more.

OP
OP
R

redhawk253

Reaction score
would love to see lovie as our dc.. but thats not what this post is about..

razgriz737

Reaction score
It's an interesting point to be made, for sure. If Bevell were going to take the Jacksonville job, it would look like a win-win scenario for Flynn and Bevell. Flynn gets to start, Bevell gets a good QB, etc...

Blazenhawks

Reaction score
redhawk253":11jhjhum said:

I know what's this post is about but I don't see us trading Flynn this off-season.

OP
OP
R

redhawk253

Reaction score
Blazenhawks":1v1swe85 said:
redhawk253":1v1swe85 said:

I know what's this post is about but I don't see us trading Flynn this off-season.

really because i've already seen several quotes from pete saying as much as were gona figure it out this offseason in regards to keeping him, and that if flynn requested a trade we would likely grant that for him.

OP
OP
R

redhawk253

Reaction score
i also saw another quote but i dunno if it was pete schneider or someone else saying something about thinking flynn is worth a 1st or 2nd and that were really lucky to have two really good guys at the qb position.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
My crystal ball says that Flynn gets traded on draft day.

We trade picks in the 3rd round, moving up some 12-15 spots... and we pick up a 4th round pick.

That's my call.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I think we keep Flynn. He's a heckuva back-up to have. Who would replace Flynn if we trade? I only see him getting traded for a sweet deal. I hope we keep him for at least this year. We have 10 picks in this draft. We can use him for draft picks next year.