This team is missing a leader on defense.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Sherman is that leader. And next year it'll show more than this year.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Clems was one of the leaders on the defense.

We need a mike robb on defense.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• I posted on this topic previously, to get sense of what others thought about the leadership on this team on both sides of the ball as well as special teams.

Link

Defense - other than Red Bryant seems to be the most undefined area of somebody stepping into a leadership role and could definitely benefit from a veteran presence, although it would be great for are young players to elevate that area of their roles
    GoHawks
    NET Starter

• Shouldn't the leader of the defense be a three down player?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Sherman is the leader. Listen to him when he was mic'ed
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• Just had this topic on the radio and the hosts said that Clemons was a vocal leader this year on defense.
    HawkGANG
    NET Rookie

• scutterhawk wrote:I think Sherman IS that leader, but of the Secondary only.
    The opponents that face the Seahawks Defense, know that they have to get it done up front because Sherman & Co. has taken away the back half of the field.
    The Seahawks know that they are lacking for putting pressure on the Quarterbacks, or consistently stopping the run, and that's the reason Pete is okay with Sherman running off at the mouth,,He (Pete) uses the strength of the Secondary to cover up for the defeciencies of the front four.
    So the asertion that there is no leader for the Defense is half true as I see it.

this ^^^^^ all the mic'd up's and behind the scenes footage all show that Sherman is for sure the secondary leader..
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

• GoHawks wrote:I posted on this topic previously, to get sense of what others thought about the leadership on this team on both sides of the ball as well as special teams.

Link

Nice write-up. You put it in that vast wasteland known as the NFL Forum when it should have been put here in the main forum (for those of us that are anal retentive). :th2thumbs:

Good job!
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Ideally what we need is a Russell Wilson in our LB'ing crew, a vocal player that has a relentless drive to succeed, great work ethic, and can motivate the defense

But do we obtain that with an aged veteran or with a younger but mature player in that position with attributes similar to RW?

Or, that player may already be on our team, and just hasn't evolved into the role yet?
    GoHawks
    NET Starter

• Just seems to me that your leader on defense has to be the middle LB. Kam could also be it but he seems more like a silent assassin.

I just don't see Wagner as a vocal leader yet.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Note: The following is based off of interviews and tweets. So it's not based on much.

ET and Wagner both strike me as quiet. Friendly and social, don't get me wrong, but they're not Ray Lewis. Both seem to be "lead by example" types, though. You need those type of guys to be great players.

Red is probably the most vocal leader. Sherman brings the swagger the same way Giacomini brings the toughness. I agree that we could use some additional leadership here, but I don't think that leadership is a weakness on D.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information