Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: According to ESPN radio
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:02 pm 
NET Veteran

hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
5 late game blown leads when the team NEEDED the defense to m ake ONE more stop to secure a victory

Yeah but the Philly crowd will be easy on him and not blame him if he looses five games late.... they are much better at analyzing games than the Seattle fans and stay away from letting emotions rule the day....

:sarcasm_off:

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:10 pm 
NET Veteran

Largent80 wrote:
Just shows what a kick ass organization we are, people are knockin the doors down to get what we got.

The bad part is he can choose his coaches and he could take some with him.

Take coaches with him?....Maybe only IF the Eagles organization can match the money that Paul Allen puts up.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:15 pm 
NET Veteran

mikeak wrote:
hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
5 late game blown leads when the team NEEDED the defense to m ake ONE more stop to secure a victory

Yeah but the Philly crowd will be easy on him and not blame him if he looses five games late.... they are much better at analyzing games than the Seattle fans and stay away from letting emotions rule the day....

Could you imagine Philly if Andy Reid lost the same way Seattle did sunday????

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:26 pm 
NET Veteran

^ it would make throwing snowballs on Santa Clause look like an innocent joke

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:55 pm 
NET Veteran

Why is anybody very upset about this? The defense has been this teams biggest liability ever since Detroit. There is no pass rush *at all*, we have stunk on 3rd down for much of the season, we haven't handled late game defense well at all. To me, a good portion of this falls on the DC. There have been positives on the defense but they are because of INDIVIDUAL performances, like Sherman, Thomas, Wagner, etc.

In other words, our defensive problems have been more scheme related. Our defensive positives have been individual players making plays.

The one exception is Trufant who has been an individual failure ( I know he had a decent game sunday)

I welcome a change.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:01 pm 
NET Veteran

Bipolar wrote:
could it mean a potential promotion for Tom Cable? or Pete will take over? or they will just hire someone else?

cable? Isn't he OL? He still has a shot at a promotion though because Adam Schrieffer just said that Bevel is interviewing with Bears today and Buc's tomorrow. As an added bonus he through in that there isn't much interest in Flynn around the league.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:06 pm 
* NET Injury Guru *

brimsalabim wrote:
Bipolar wrote:
could it mean a potential promotion for Tom Cable? or Pete will take over? or they will just hire someone else?

cable? Isn't he OL? He still has a shot at a promotion though because Adam Schrieffer just said that Bevel is interviewing with Bears today and Buc's tomorrow. As an added bonus he through in that there isn't much interest in Flynn around the league.

Was that a serious question or Bipolar trying to be funny because of what Reid did promoting his O-Line coach to Defensive Coordinator?

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:07 pm 
NET Pro Bowler

Axx wrote:
mikeak wrote:
hawksfansinceday1 wrote:

Could you imagine Philly if Andy Reid lost the same way Seattle did sunday????

Not to mention 3 other games earlier in the season in exactly the same fashion and nearly a 4th (Chicago). Can you say "effigy"?

To the barren lands

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:13 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *

^Why would Philly take that out on Andy Reid? Everyone knows the Defensive Coordinator is to blame, not the head coach.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:15 pm 
NET Veteran

Aros wrote:
Bye Gus! Good luck dude, you will definitely need it.

Not trying to be an ass but honestly I could care less about losing him. Next man up!

He's going for the money. If it were me personally. I would like the idea of being a coordinator on an up and coming franchise with ALL the upside in the world. Take the time and learn all the ins and outs from someone like Carroll, Schneider, hell, even Cable. Learn the subtle nuiances of what comes with the gig. Chances are he is going to struggle (not because of his skillset as a defensive coordinator) because of the mess Philly is in. And he will not get a free pass from the people of the City of Brotherly Love!!! They will eat him alive!!

I wish him the best of luck in his endeavours.

Godspeed Gus Godspeed!!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:18 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

Congratulations are in order. This is the best day of Bradley's life.

I hope he makes it work, but something about that hire makes me think "fall guy." I hope I am wrong for his sake.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:22 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

I think of Jim Zorn's hiring by the Redskins when thinking of how this may play out. Bradley seems like a decent guy. I think the media there is going to change how he interacts with them. Our guys here seem a little more respectful and probably wouldn't be asking Andy Reid whether he should be fired and how soon is he getting fired. Different market but I guess that is the cost of being the boss.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]