Assuming Flynn's traded - who do you want?

pehawk

Reaction score
I know some will want to keep Flynn, but I think he gets traded. It makes to much cap sense, and it also goes along with this FO doing "right" by their players.

Flynn wants to start, and I think the Seahawks FO will do whatever they can, within reason, to facilitate Flynn's preference. I'm a proud Seahawks fan for a lot of reasons, but I was really proud of how the FO treated Tavaris last preseason. He was traded instead of being released outright; to give him some dignity (maybe there's a better word choice there) on the way out. Tjax EARNED that type of exit...he's one classy and tough SOB.

With all that, who would YOU want the Seahawks to bring in to back up Wilson? To keep this hypothetical within reasonable boundaries lets restrict it to 1 vet FA and 1 late round draft pick. Here’s a list of FA’s;

Brian Hoyer – ARI
Luke McCown – ATL
Joe Flacco – BAL
Tarvaris Jackson – BUF
Tyler Thigpen – BUF
Derek Anderson – CAR
Jason Campbell – CHI
Josh McCown – CHI
Bruce Gradkowski – CIN
Drew Stanton – IND
Brady Quinn – KC
Pat Devlin – MIA – (Ex)
Matt Moore – MIA
Chase Daniel – NO
David Carr – NYG
Matt Leinart – OAK
Charlie Batch – PIT
Byron Leftwich – PIT
Kellen Clemens – STL
Rex Grossman – WAS
Vince Young – FA
Sage Rosenfels – FA
Seneca Wallace – FA
Donovan McNabb – FA
A.J. Feeley – FA
Troy Smith – FA
Chris Redman – FA
John Beck – FA
Stephen McGee – FA
Jordan Palmer – FA
J.P. Loseman – FA

Of those, I’d LOVE Chase Daniels – but it would be a lateral move for him. So, as much as he’s ripped here, I’d prefer Tjack.

For the developmental QB, I’d REALLY prefer Denard Robinson just to be a nice toy. But, there’s no way I’d trust him to play a game or two at the position. So, I’m going to go Colin Klein or….crybaby’s brother Jordan Rogers. Picking Rogers on a gut hunch. So my QB depth chart would be;

1)Wilson
2)Tjack
3)JRogers

You?

salamander

Reaction score
There should be a fair number of current starters released too no?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I dont know Salamander.

Alex Smith, Tebow, Shaub come to mind.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Matt Flynn is the future and thus cannot be traded

(Trolly face)

If they move him though I imagine they'd want someone athletic enough to run the same offense as Wilson in the event he got injured. Tarvaris could probably do that.

themunn

Reaction score
from that list I'd take Joe Flacco as a backup and draft a 3rd string QB

that would work right??

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1wnfb2bc said:
Matt Flynn is the future and this cannot be traded

Ha.

You should REALLY try to do the same thing next year with another player and position, that you did with Flynn this year. Maybe Obo or Butler? Every year argue with all of us over someone who should be starting. It'd be hysterical - and by that time no one will know its a ruse.

BIG PROPS to you for laughing at yourself and allowing us to laugh too. For real, big props.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
I think Matt Flynn will stay, but I won't feel too good if T-jack ever has to start again for us. He's a warrior, and can handle the hits, but we already know he is completely unreliable when it comes to crunchtime and we need to make a comeback. PC and JS like a QB that tilts the field, and can you truly tilt the field by not willing the team to a comeback?

I think maybe the FO will look for a sorta Russell Wilson player that falls again. Of course, Russell Wilson himself is a generational player, with his height succeeding how he is, so it will probably be a more flawed player. Still, gimme a developmental guy that can be traded later for maybe a 4th or so, like Flynn a little. This FO likes draft picks, that's for sure.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Moore - okay. Gradkowski? Dude HAS to be in his 30's, right?

I maybe wrong, but Chase is fairly athletic AND ran similar schemes at Mizz. Right?

And, with TJack, I think he'd be surprising in a situation where he's not the starter. Different mindset, entirely. There's zero pressure. I have nothing other than my uterus to back that up though.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I would draft one or two rookie QBs with a similar skill set to Russell in the later rounds. Let them develop .... thats what Green Bay does.

We have 10 picks.

CHawks4L

Reaction score
I'd be happy to go with one of our old backups and see if they can run the read option. I do not want a pocket passer as a backup, I'd rather keep our offense consistent. Bring back TJack and Seneca Wallace and draft a project in the mid-rounds!

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm with ya on Seneca. Dude wont take sacks, throw picks, or put the team in a bad position. In Cleveland Delhomme openly ripped him for being checkdown Charlie. Seneca would put up stats like 20/25 for 98 yards, routinely there. With the talent the Hawks have, that's PERFECT. But, I think he's too old for this FO's taste at this point.

CHawks4L

Reaction score
but isn't old good until a bonafide project evolves? Both TJack and Seneca have relatively little wear on their treads for their age. At least they have experience and can manage the game. Bring them both in to battle for the backup in the new offense.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Matt Moore would be ideal. I would even consider Troy Smith....only because Pete talked about getting a backup that can do some of the things Russ can do. To me that means they are looking for a little athleticism. From the draft, I want Taylor Martinez as a project/3rd string guy (If he were to declare, which it is probably likely he returns for his senior year). Perfect skill set to run a similar offense if Russ were to go down.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Ooooohhh, Taylor Martinez! Great call! Forgot about that dude.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I feel like I'm gonna get flamed for this, but maybe Pete could turn a guy like Vince Young into a serviceable backup.

No?...ok I'll show myself out...

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Hey, I wanted VYoung brought in in 2011 for a look.

There's a creepy poster/stalker here who brings up the fact I wanted Vince brought in for a look, about every other day, to garner my affections. So, dont feel bad about that thought (but you might need a cease and desist).

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Vince did some jawdropping things at Texas and with the Titans. His play and on-field enthusiasm (when not suicidal) are a definite match. Maybe a year away humbled him?

Latest posts