Feel really sorry for you guys

JBtheHunter

Reaction score
I'd like to first say that I'm a Falcons fan and I'm glad my team won, but now that it's been a few days since the game, I find myself feeling sick to my stomach every time I have to watch the post game interview or presser with Russell Wilson. I just can't do it. It's not like he looks sad or anything, in fact he looks pretty hopeful for the future. But he's so damn likable... I just... I don't know... I kinda get choked up. Anyway, I've liked the Seahawks since the Hasselbeck days and I hated it when the Steelers won that Super Bowl. I hope we kick the 49ers' asses into oblivion this Sunday and then go and win the Super Bowl. Next year I hope you guys win it, one is enough for me. Also, although this will probably be my only post for this season, I'll be back at the start of next season because I've decided that Seattle is now my official second team.

Largent80

Reaction score
Thanks man.....I think I can speak for just about all here and say, kick the shit out of those guys, we are hoping for that.

Axx

Reaction score
thanks alot, We feel like we struck the lottery with Wilson but i hope you guys beat the 9ers and then beat the Patriots in the superbowl.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Don't feel sorry. Your team won fair and square. Enjoy it. As for us, yeah it sucks, but I have no doubts our time will come.

scakfan

Reaction score
Thanks for the lift.. I can't imagine how the scoring would have went had we been on in the first half and the Falcons in the second. Wow! Do us a favor and hit that cocky Niner team where it hurts and good luck with theri obnoxious fanbse. Get ahead early and Klapernick will melt under pressure. Maybe we will see an all bird SB this year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JBtheHunter":1a38a3em said:
I'd like to first say that I'm a Falcons fan and I'm glad my team won, but now that it's been a few days since the game, I find myself feeling sick to my stomach every time I have to watch the post game interview or presser with Russell Wilson. I just can't do it. It's not like he looks sad or anything, in fact he looks pretty hopeful for the future. But he's so damn likable... I just... I don't know... I kinda get choked up. Anyway, I've liked the Seahawks since the Hasselbeck days and I hated it when the Steelers won that Super Bowl. I hope we kick the 49ers' asses into oblivion this Sunday and then go and win the Super Bowl. Next year I hope you guys win it, one is enough for me. Also, although this will probably be my only post for this season, I'll be back at the start of next season because I've decided that Seattle is now my official second team.

Wow, great post.

On the flip side, seeing how joyful Tony Gonzales was helped lessen the blow for me. That dude's a class act and I'm really happy that he finally got to win a playoff game........and hopefully Gonzales will get to also see his first Superbowl after this weekend.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I gotta say though, after seeing that stupid onside sqib kick to close out the game (WTF was that all about BTW), I was 100% certain that Russell was going to work some kind of crazy Russell Wilson voodoo magic and pull out the win. It just wasn't meant to be I guess. I guess the football gods want us to savour the journey to Russell's first Super Bowl for longer than just one season.

drdiags

Reaction score
I would like to see the Falcons win, not to spite the 9ers (though that wouldn't hurt) but rather to answer their critics. They will need to keep the running game results that they had last week to keep the 9ers off balance. Should be a good one.

Anyway, one is never enough but appreciate the thought. Get as many as you can because it is always an arms race.

Should be some pretty good 9ers/Falcons smack going down around the two forums. I still vaguely remember that Dimry guy (DB for Falcons) who got burned for those 5 TDs in one game against the 9ers. I think he went on to recover from that hellish game, but my memory is vague. You two have a little history from the old NFC West days. Have fun.

OP
OP
J

JBtheHunter

Reaction score
CANHawk":12qlly2o said:
I gotta say though, after seeing that stupid onside sqib kick to close out the game (WTF was that all about BTW), I was 100% certain that Russell was going to work some kind of crazy Russell Wilson voodoo magic and pull out the win. It just wasn't meant to be I guess. I guess the football gods want us to savour the journey to Russell's first Super Bowl for longer than just one season.
I had the same exact feeling, except about Matt Ryan. After that Marshawn TD, when I realized all we needed was a field goal, I figured he'd drive the ball down field.

But yeah, Russell Wilson is the real deal. Might be one of my favorite players in the NFL after Calvin Johnson and Matt Ryan.

captSE

Reaction score
I'm still sick about all the "what if's" that would have made us winners. Mostly what occurred in the last few seconds of the game.

Congrats to the Falcons. :thirishdrinkers:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
The difference in fan bases is crazy.

Washington = delusional, arrogant, insufferable trolls
Atlanta = cool, down to earth, nice people

Tailspin Hawk Fan

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1p3kmsqy said:
The difference in fan bases is crazy.

Washington = delusional, arrogant, insufferable trolls
Atlanta = cool, down to earth, nice people

One of the reasons I'll be rooting for Atlanta .... oh and that I want to see Krap and Harbaugh cry.

Edit to say: Awesome post JBHunter

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It goes both ways.

It was crushing to lose, but if you have to lose it was the best way to lose.

We came back from 20 points down, Russell put the team on his back when Lynch was not producing, and he showed that even with little running game he can hit the throws we needed to move this team back. (Yes I am aware that Lynch produced in other ways including the catch that got us near the end zone, and the final push into the end zone for the TD).

We lost in the final 30 seconds but remember even then the defense held it to make it a 50 yd FG try. It could have gone either way. But if it had, Gonzales would have been crushed and not had a chance at a playoff win before his retirement (and he deserved that), and likely a massive amount of unfair criticism would have hit Smith. Likely some important pieces of your coaching staff would have been fired after the uproar.

If I thought this was the Seahawks only chance at the brass ring I would be more upset. But I don't. Then again, I believe Marino made it to the SB early in his career, everyone thought he would return yearly, and he took a long time to make it back. And he was a HOF - so you never know. Things are never as good as you dream or as bad as you fear. But I do think we will have a great entertaining football team for some time, and I would put good odds on us doing as well or better again.

So if we had to lose, I don't mind it being to a team like Atlanta. Because I think a loss (and you came very close to losing this one) would have crushed Atlanta and ripped apart the team and coaching staff in the offseason.

Now go win it.

PS I was so wrong on Russell Wilson vs my start of year expectations that it boggles the mind....

hawksfan515

Reaction score
For the Atlanta fan.........

I think it's crazy that 49er fans are buying the SB tickets already. You guys are a flawed team, and the 9ers are more talented, but you can still win! The Vikings proved this. You need a few things to happen:

1. It really helps to get the 49ers on the road.

2. You need to stop the run game until you can get up a little bit. 2 scores, at least. Make Kaepernick try and win the game. That's what the Hawks did, and all Kap ended up doing was pouting on the sideline.

3. Don't let Kaepernick run. Make him throw the ball. Doesn't matter if he's in the pocket or out of it, as long as you don't let him run 40 yards untouched and hit him hard when he does. Best case scenario is to force him out of the pocket to throw it. He is horrible at it. He's no Wilson in that category :)

4. Run the ball well. If you notice, when looking at the 49ers 4 losses and 1 tie, there is a few consistencies.

- The 9ers have only been able to play the Rams close and lose. The rest of their close games they won, and don't discredit the 9ers for this, the Rams are ultra-competitive in the division. You are in a bad position if the game is close, even with Ryan's heroics, that run game of theirs is HARD to stop, and that pays off late in games when you need to run some clock.

- If you outrush them, you should win. The 9ers have been outrushed in the Vikings, Giants, and Seahawk games. Those games were all not even close, with the Vikings game being the closest at a 9 point loss for the 49ers. The tie and loss against the Rams bucks the trend (Rams are the oddball overachievers), as they got outrushed in both games, but they kept the running yards close in the tie game, while getting next to none in the win. Oddballs.

- KEEP FRANK GORE UNDER 100 YARDS. If Gore runs for over 100 yards, I'll practically guarantee you have lost. Gore has not rushed for more than 63 yards in a loss this season. Against the Rams in the tie, he ran for 97 yards. You know what happens when Frank Gore goes over 100? The 49ers win. Surprisingly, Gore has only 4 100 yard games over the whole season, but ALL of them were wins, so watch out.

- If you can't win the TO battle, you lose. The 9ers are a ball control offense, so getting a TO off them goes a LONG LONG ways towards winning. 49ers won or kept the TO ratio even in the Packers (regular season), Lions, Jets, Bills, Seahawks (1st game), Arizona (1st game and 2nd game), Rams (1st time, the tie), Chicago, Saints, Dolphins, Patriots, and Packers (playoffs) All these games were wins (or in the Rams case, a tie) for the 49ers.

They lost the TO battle against the Vikings, Giants, Rams (the 2nd time, the loss), and the Seahawks (2nd time). All of these games were losses.

- And, maybe the most important, the 9ers have a WWL streak going, so every 3rd game they seem to lose. Guess who falls on the 3rd game this time? ;) It has continued all throughout the season.

Achieve all of these, and you will blow those whiners out. I hope to god you do.

hawker84

Reaction score
i feel sorry for you guys to be honest... you now have to deal with the whiner fan base for a week... and god forbid you should lose, or worse lose big, their insufferable rant will be unbearable. so good luck with that.. i wish that upon nobody....

good luck the rest of the way.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
CANHawk":m52nzfjt said:

Maybe it's to keep us humble during the Russell Wilson era. I would hate to end up with a pompass, arrogant fanbase.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Cheers, Falcons fan! The feeling around here is that we're building something really special, not just relative to Seahawks teams of the past, but compared to all the current NFL teams. So it's nice to see an objective perspective that can recognize that - and admit it freely. Both our franchises have had few bright spots in our 37 and 47 years, so absorb every wonderful detail of it and enjoy every moment of the thrill of victory!

You guys make some NOISE in that next game! It could be your last chance to see the best TE in history at home. Plus, Krappernick gets all sad 'n stuff when you make noise at him. :)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yup, you do not need to feel sorry. You guys won the game. You made the plays you needed to.

I am glad that the majority of you Falcons fans are nice guys. I'm rooting for the Falcons the rest of the way. Really hoping they kill the 49ers and get Gonzalez a chance at a ring.

Latest posts