Feel really sorry for you guys

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Feel really sorry for you guys
Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:48 am
  • I'd like to first say that I'm a Falcons fan and I'm glad my team won, but now that it's been a few days since the game, I find myself feeling sick to my stomach every time I have to watch the post game interview or presser with Russell Wilson. I just can't do it. It's not like he looks sad or anything, in fact he looks pretty hopeful for the future. But he's so damn likable... I just... I don't know... I kinda get choked up. Anyway, I've liked the Seahawks since the Hasselbeck days and I hated it when the Steelers won that Super Bowl. I hope we kick the 49ers' asses into oblivion this Sunday and then go and win the Super Bowl. Next year I hope you guys win it, one is enough for me. Also, although this will probably be my only post for this season, I'll be back at the start of next season because I've decided that Seattle is now my official second team.
    JBtheHunter
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Feel really sorry for you guys
Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:52 am
  • Thanks man.....I think I can speak for just about all here and say, kick the shit out of those guys, we are hoping for that.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:56 am
  • thanks alot, We feel like we struck the lottery with Wilson but i hope you guys beat the 9ers and then beat the Patriots in the superbowl.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:56 am
  • Anyone who supports kicking the 9'ers asses into oblivion is a good shit in my books!
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:57 am
  • Don't feel sorry. Your team won fair and square. Enjoy it. As for us, yeah it sucks, but I have no doubts our time will come.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:00 am
  • Reaneypark wrote:Don't feel sorry. Your team won fair and square. Enjoy it. As for us, yeah it sucks, but I have no doubts our time will come.

:th2thumbs:

A lot of classy posts in this thread.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:06 am
  • Thanks for the lift.. I can't imagine how the scoring would have went had we been on in the first half and the Falcons in the second. Wow! Do us a favor and hit that cocky Niner team where it hurts and good luck with theri obnoxious fanbse. Get ahead early and Klapernick will melt under pressure. Maybe we will see an all bird SB this year.
    scakfan
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:06 am
  • JBtheHunter wrote:I'd like to first say that I'm a Falcons fan and I'm glad my team won, but now that it's been a few days since the game, I find myself feeling sick to my stomach every time I have to watch the post game interview or presser with Russell Wilson. I just can't do it. It's not like he looks sad or anything, in fact he looks pretty hopeful for the future. But he's so damn likable... I just... I don't know... I kinda get choked up. Anyway, I've liked the Seahawks since the Hasselbeck days and I hated it when the Steelers won that Super Bowl. I hope we kick the 49ers' asses into oblivion this Sunday and then go and win the Super Bowl. Next year I hope you guys win it, one is enough for me. Also, although this will probably be my only post for this season, I'll be back at the start of next season because I've decided that Seattle is now my official second team.

Wow, great post.

On the flip side, seeing how joyful Tony Gonzales was helped lessen the blow for me. That dude's a class act and I'm really happy that he finally got to win a playoff game........and hopefully Gonzales will get to also see his first Superbowl after this weekend.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:12 am
  • I gotta say though, after seeing that stupid onside sqib kick to close out the game (WTF was that all about BTW), I was 100% certain that Russell was going to work some kind of crazy Russell Wilson voodoo magic and pull out the win. It just wasn't meant to be I guess. I guess the football gods want us to savour the journey to Russell's first Super Bowl for longer than just one season.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:18 am
  • I would like to see the Falcons win, not to spite the 9ers (though that wouldn't hurt) but rather to answer their critics. They will need to keep the running game results that they had last week to keep the 9ers off balance. Should be a good one.

Anyway, one is never enough but appreciate the thought. Get as many as you can because it is always an arms race.

Should be some pretty good 9ers/Falcons smack going down around the two forums. I still vaguely remember that Dimry guy (DB for Falcons) who got burned for those 5 TDs in one game against the 9ers. I think he went on to recover from that hellish game, but my memory is vague. You two have a little history from the old NFC West days. Have fun.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:19 am
  • CANHawk wrote:I gotta say though, after seeing that stupid onside sqib kick to close out the game (WTF was that all about BTW), I was 100% certain that Russell was going to work some kind of crazy Russell Wilson voodoo magic and pull out the win. It just wasn't meant to be I guess. I guess the football gods want us to savour the journey to Russell's first Super Bowl for longer than just one season.

I had the same exact feeling, except about Matt Ryan. After that Marshawn TD, when I realized all we needed was a field goal, I figured he'd drive the ball down field.

But yeah, Russell Wilson is the real deal. Might be one of my favorite players in the NFL after Calvin Johnson and Matt Ryan.
    JBtheHunter
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:27 am
  • I'm still sick about all the "what if's" that would have made us winners. Mostly what occurred in the last few seconds of the game.

Congrats to the Falcons. :thirishdrinkers:
    captSE
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:33 am
  • The difference in fan bases is crazy.

Washington = delusional, arrogant, insufferable trolls
    Atlanta = cool, down to earth, nice people
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:58 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:The difference in fan bases is crazy.

One of the reasons I'll be rooting for Atlanta .... oh and that I want to see Krap and Harbaugh cry.

Edit to say: Awesome post JBHunter
    Tailspin Hawk Fan
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:02 am
  • It goes both ways.

It was crushing to lose, but if you have to lose it was the best way to lose.

We came back from 20 points down, Russell put the team on his back when Lynch was not producing, and he showed that even with little running game he can hit the throws we needed to move this team back. (Yes I am aware that Lynch produced in other ways including the catch that got us near the end zone, and the final push into the end zone for the TD).

We lost in the final 30 seconds but remember even then the defense held it to make it a 50 yd FG try. It could have gone either way. But if it had, Gonzales would have been crushed and not had a chance at a playoff win before his retirement (and he deserved that), and likely a massive amount of unfair criticism would have hit Smith. Likely some important pieces of your coaching staff would have been fired after the uproar.

If I thought this was the Seahawks only chance at the brass ring I would be more upset. But I don't. Then again, I believe Marino made it to the SB early in his career, everyone thought he would return yearly, and he took a long time to make it back. And he was a HOF - so you never know. Things are never as good as you dream or as bad as you fear. But I do think we will have a great entertaining football team for some time, and I would put good odds on us doing as well or better again.

So if we had to lose, I don't mind it being to a team like Atlanta. Because I think a loss (and you came very close to losing this one) would have crushed Atlanta and ripped apart the team and coaching staff in the offseason.

Now go win it.

PS I was so wrong on Russell Wilson vs my start of year expectations that it boggles the mind....
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:26 am
  • For the Atlanta fan.........

I think it's crazy that 49er fans are buying the SB tickets already. You guys are a flawed team, and the 9ers are more talented, but you can still win! The Vikings proved this. You need a few things to happen:

1. It really helps to get the 49ers on the road.

2. You need to stop the run game until you can get up a little bit. 2 scores, at least. Make Kaepernick try and win the game. That's what the Hawks did, and all Kap ended up doing was pouting on the sideline.

3. Don't let Kaepernick run. Make him throw the ball. Doesn't matter if he's in the pocket or out of it, as long as you don't let him run 40 yards untouched and hit him hard when he does. Best case scenario is to force him out of the pocket to throw it. He is horrible at it. He's no Wilson in that category :)

4. Run the ball well. If you notice, when looking at the 49ers 4 losses and 1 tie, there is a few consistencies.

- The 9ers have only been able to play the Rams close and lose. The rest of their close games they won, and don't discredit the 9ers for this, the Rams are ultra-competitive in the division. You are in a bad position if the game is close, even with Ryan's heroics, that run game of theirs is HARD to stop, and that pays off late in games when you need to run some clock.

- If you outrush them, you should win. The 9ers have been outrushed in the Vikings, Giants, and Seahawk games. Those games were all not even close, with the Vikings game being the closest at a 9 point loss for the 49ers. The tie and loss against the Rams bucks the trend (Rams are the oddball overachievers), as they got outrushed in both games, but they kept the running yards close in the tie game, while getting next to none in the win. Oddballs.

- KEEP FRANK GORE UNDER 100 YARDS. If Gore runs for over 100 yards, I'll practically guarantee you have lost. Gore has not rushed for more than 63 yards in a loss this season. Against the Rams in the tie, he ran for 97 yards. You know what happens when Frank Gore goes over 100? The 49ers win. Surprisingly, Gore has only 4 100 yard games over the whole season, but ALL of them were wins, so watch out.

- If you can't win the TO battle, you lose. The 9ers are a ball control offense, so getting a TO off them goes a LONG LONG ways towards winning. 49ers won or kept the TO ratio even in the Packers (regular season), Lions, Jets, Bills, Seahawks (1st game), Arizona (1st game and 2nd game), Rams (1st time, the tie), Chicago, Saints, Dolphins, Patriots, and Packers (playoffs) All these games were wins (or in the Rams case, a tie) for the 49ers.

They lost the TO battle against the Vikings, Giants, Rams (the 2nd time, the loss), and the Seahawks (2nd time). All of these games were losses.

- And, maybe the most important, the 9ers have a WWL streak going, so every 3rd game they seem to lose. Guess who falls on the 3rd game this time? ;) It has continued all throughout the season.

Achieve all of these, and you will blow those whiners out. I hope to god you do.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:34 am
  • i feel sorry for you guys to be honest... you now have to deal with the whiner fan base for a week... and god forbid you should lose, or worse lose big, their insufferable rant will be unbearable. so good luck with that.. i wish that upon nobody....

good luck the rest of the way.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:35 am
  • CANHawk wrote:I gotta say though, after seeing that stupid onside sqib kick to close out the game (WTF was that all about BTW), I was 100% certain that Russell was going to work some kind of crazy Russell Wilson voodoo magic and pull out the win. It just wasn't meant to be I guess. I guess the football gods want us to savour the journey to Russell's first Super Bowl for longer than just one season.

Maybe it's to keep us humble during the Russell Wilson era. I would hate to end up with a pompass, arrogant fanbase.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:54 am
  • Cheers, Falcons fan! The feeling around here is that we're building something really special, not just relative to Seahawks teams of the past, but compared to all the current NFL teams. So it's nice to see an objective perspective that can recognize that - and admit it freely. Both our franchises have had few bright spots in our 37 and 47 years, so absorb every wonderful detail of it and enjoy every moment of the thrill of victory!

You guys make some NOISE in that next game! It could be your last chance to see the best TE in history at home. Plus, Krappernick gets all sad 'n stuff when you make noise at him. :)
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:56 am
  • Yup, you do not need to feel sorry. You guys won the game. You made the plays you needed to.

I am glad that the majority of you Falcons fans are nice guys. I'm rooting for the Falcons the rest of the way. Really hoping they kill the 49ers and get Gonzalez a chance at a ring.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:01 am
  • It's safe to say Atlanta has most of the 12th man behind them... Godspeed, Falcons!!!
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:15 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:...if you have to lose it was the best way to lose.

EXACTLY!!! I didn't lose any sleep over this one at all. We got beat in a close game in which we acquitted ourselves pretty well, and in which we had a chance to win at the end. We almost won. We got beat by a team who was, for 60:00 on Sunday, the better team. There is no shame in that. Likewise, the 2006 playoff loss to Chicago and the 2003 Playoff loss to Green Bay. I had no post-game angst about those losses either.

Losing to the Rams in 2004 hurt a lot worse. Not because it was the Rams (although that didn't help), and not because it was their 3rd time beating us that season, but because we played like crap. Our season ended, appropriately and ironically, with a dropped pass. We weren't trying to win the game at the end, we were trying desperately to tie it. And couldn't. We got out-played and out-physicalled. At home. THAT stung.

At Green Bay in 2007, we got lucky early, and then got caught with our pants down the rest of the game. It started snowing, and apparently nobody in the entire Seahawks organization had considered that possibility. So while Green players went to the sideline and casually changed their cleats to something that worked in snowy grass, the Seahawks did their best impressions of beginning peewee league hockey players -- the ones still learning how to skate. We got our asses handed to us on a pike. That one also stung.

And the granddaddy of all post-season losses of course, is the *. During the normal course of a game, a team has to overcome its own mistakes. It has to overcome injuries. It has to overcome big plays by the opponent. And it has to overcome bad calls by the officials. As we found out, it also has to overcome media bias and an artificial home-town environment for the other team. But as we found out the hard way, it is impossible to overcome all those things put together. We almost did it. Even in the 4th quarter, we still had a shot. But the back-breaker, among all the other things, was being prevented from winning by the guys whose job it wasn't. I still remember, when that play started, yelling "Free play!" because of obvious offsides, and seeing Hasselbeck throw the ball to Jeremy Stevens almost for a TD, and celebrating until they announced that the flag they had thrown was for holding, not offsides. That is when my emotions came crashing down to an artificially depressed reality, and I realized we weren't going to win because the zebras weren't going to allow us to win.

In spite of the "push off" TD getting called back, in spite of the Rothfpwuehrger helmet "TD", in spite of the bad 3rd down spot on Mack Strong's run, in spite of the uncalled horsecollar on Shaun Alexander, in spite of two Josh Brown misses, in spite of Etric Pruitt being on the field because of an injury, in spite of a long run TD and trick play TD , and in spite of numerous other things, we were still in the game and could have taken the lead in the 4th quarter. Until the "hold". Followed by the "low block".

That kind of bad taste doesn't go away ever.

That night, we were not beaten by the better team. The better team was artificially held back and made to lose. If we'd have lost the game to piss-n-black the way we lost the game to the Falcons, I'd have been upset for a little while, but then I could have immediately dwelt on the season that got us there, and the good game I just watched, and felt pride for my team, and shaken hands with opponent fans without them averting their eyes.

Yeah, there are some "what ifs" from the Atlanta game. But the bottom line is the Falcons did what they needed to do to win, and we didn't. On a level field, with the refs not having any significant impact on the outcome of the game. I have no shame in admitting we were beat by the better team. And it hasn't cost me any sleep at all.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:20 am
  • BlueTalon wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:...if you have to lose it was the best way to lose.

EXACTLY!!! I didn't lose any sleep over this one at all. We got beat in a close game in which we acquitted ourselves pretty well, and in which we had a chance to win at the end. We almost won. We got beat by a team who was, for 60:00 on Sunday, the better team. There is no shame in that. Likewise, the 2006 playoff loss to Chicago and the 2003 Playoff loss to Green Bay. I had no post-game angst about those losses either.

Losing to the Rams in 2004 hurt a lot worse. Not because it was the Rams (although that didn't help), and not because it was their 3rd time beating us that season, but because we played like crap. Our season ended, appropriately and ironically, with a dropped pass. We weren't trying to win the game at the end, we were trying desperately to tie it. And couldn't. We got out-played and out-physicalled. At home. THAT stung.

At Green Bay in 2007, we got lucky early, and then got caught with our pants down the rest of the game. It started snowing, and apparently nobody in the entire Seahawks organization had considered that possibility. So while Green players went to the sideline and casually changed their cleats to something that worked in snowy grass, the Seahawks did their best impressions of beginning peewee league hockey players -- the ones still learning how to skate. We got our asses handed to us on a pike. That one also stung.

And the granddaddy of all post-season losses of course, is the *. During the normal course of a game, a team has to overcome its own mistakes. It has to overcome injuries. It has to overcome big plays by the opponent. And it has to overcome bad calls by the officials. As we found out, it also has to overcome media bias and an artificial home-town environment for the other team. But as we found out the hard way, it is impossible to overcome all those things put together. We almost did it. Even in the 4th quarter, we still had a shot. But the back-breaker, among all the other things, was being prevented from winning by the guys whose job it wasn't. I still remember, when that play started, yelling "Free play!" because of obvious offsides, and seeing Hasselbeck throw the ball to Jeremy Stevens almost for a TD, and celebrating until they announced that the flag they had thrown was for holding, not offsides. That is when my emotions came crashing down to an artificially depressed reality, and I realized we weren't going to win because the zebras weren't going to allow us to win.

In spite of the "push off" TD getting called back, in spite of the Rothfpwuehrger helmet "TD", in spite of the bad 3rd down spot on Mack Strong's run, in spite of the uncalled horsecollar on Shaun Alexander, in spite of two Josh Brown misses, in spite of Etric Pruitt being on the field because of an injury, in spite of a long run TD and trick play TD , and in spite of numerous other things, we were still in the game and could have taken the lead in the 4th quarter. Until the "hold". Followed by the "low block".

That kind of bad taste doesn't go away ever.

That night, we were not beaten by the better team. The better team was artificially held back and made to lose. If we'd have lost the game to piss-n-black the way we lost the game to the Falcons, I'd have been upset for a little while, but then I could have immediately dwelt on the season that got us there, and the good game I just watched, and felt pride for my team, and shaken hands with opponent fans without them averting their eyes.

Yeah, there are some "what ifs" from the Atlanta game. But the bottom line is the Falcons did what they needed to do to win, and we didn't. On a level field, with the refs not having any significant impact on the outcome of the game. I have no shame in admitting we were beat by the better team. And it hasn't cost me any sleep at all.

Great post, Blue. I agree 100%. The Falcons and their fans were pretty classy all around, and they didn't beat us with luck or circumstance. We walked away with a great reason to be excited about September and the Falcons got some semblance of relief.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:27 am
  • hawker84 wrote:i feel sorry for you guys to be honest... you now have to deal with the whiner fan base for a week... and god forbid you should lose, or worse lose big, their insufferable rant will be unbearable. so good luck with that.. i wish that upon nobody....

good luck the rest of the way.

Oh you can be sure the Falcons fans will not be the only fan base hearing it from the 9ers. I suspect .NET will be a favorite hangout until the Superbowl game is played as a way to kill time. That and all off-season and through-out next season. It will be wonderful (to quote Space Odyssey 2010 or whatever the sequel was).
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:41 am
  • Some classy Falcons fans out there.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:49 am
  • Thanks Atlanta fans, just about got over Sunday now - please, please, please beat up on those 49ers!!

Kev
    kev007
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:22 pm
  • Well, I will say this. If you lose that championship game at home Sunday, winning the previous Sunday will be a very distant memory.

It really is a sickening feeling.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:17 pm
  • Thanks, dude. Now go kick the living crap out of SF! :49ersmall:
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Squib kick was to keep Washington from taking it to the house and winning the game,,,The Falcons were just hedging their bets is all that was about.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:02 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:The difference in fan bases is crazy.

We'd probably be unsufferable assholes if we got knocked out of the playoffs 3 straight times by the same team. Atlanta fans have no reason to hate us.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:42 pm
  • Don't feel sorry us. We feel really great about our team and our QB. In fact I don't think its a stretch that we have more confidence in our future than the Falcons fans have in theirs.
    salamander
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:44 pm
  • Good luck on Sunday, please please please (75 more please's) knock the Niners out on Sunday.

On another note, the Falcons players showed a lot of class on Sunday. Other than Roddy White, nobody really said a word, they just did their jobs and played ball. Pretty impressive, and completely different than what we saw in Washington. Matt Ryan is so clutch in the 4th quarter, it's ridiculous.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:31 pm
  • Atlanta fans have been the most pleasant, down to earth, easy to talk to fans of any team we've faced over the years. Just seems like another fanbase that just loves their damn team so much, like we do, and want to talk football. Even their smack talkers weren't really dicks like most of the other teams.

I'm rooting for Atlanta from here on out for the rest of this season
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:37 pm
  • Fox0r wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:The difference in fan bases is crazy.

We'd probably be unsufferable assholes if we got knocked out of the playoffs 3 straight times by the same team. Atlanta fans have no reason to hate us.

Yeah, man. What are the odds?
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information