RW - top 5 / 6 according to Cowherd

mikeak

Reaction score
Colin's discussion with Dilfer starts around the 47 minute mark and at about 49 minutes Cowherd talks about RW. To paraphrase we don't wait 5 years to say if a person is beautiful so why can't I say now that RW is a top 5 or 6 qb in this league. Dilfer doesn't rank him but agrees that he is special and will be successful for a long time.

I know Cowherd has been on board for a long time but think this may have been the strongest statement yet...

Axx

Reaction score
RW wants to be top 5/6 of all time

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
Definitely. I can only say that Rodgers, Brady, Manning are better. Brees is about the same except Russell has a much better arm.

salamander

Reaction score
Later when talking to Peter King he basically said he's never seen a QB this good this early...called him transcendent.

lukerguy

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":1e6ldeqo said:
Definitely. I can only say that Rodgers, Brady, Manning are better. Brees is about the same except Russell has a much better arm.
Brees just broke the single season passing record- I'd give him a bit more credit than that..

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
If you give Russell same weapons on offense and ask him to throw as much he would to. But hey this is just my opinion.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I wanted to bring this up in a poll yesterday but never did.

I don't know if I'm being a homer right now, but I can't think of 5 QBs that are better than Wilson. I can name 4, but as of right now this momen, RW is a top 5 QB in this league, imo. Agree?

salamander

Reaction score
Manning may look better on paper but because of his age and poor track record in the playoffs I'd take Wilson right now. Denver doesn't lose that game with Wilson IMO.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
salamander":2qk4qitz said:
Manning may look better on paper but because of his age and poor track record in the playoffs I'd take Wilson right now. Denver doesn't lose that game with Wilson IMO.
Denver doesn't lose that game with any other coach other than John Fox. Seriously 2 TO and 30 seconds left and you kneel the ball?!

My apologies for going off topic :mrgreen:

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3dd071nk said:
salamander":3dd071nk said:
Denver doesn't lose that game with any other coach other than John Fox. Seriously 2 TO and 30 seconds left and you kneel the ball?!

"funny" I thought giving up points in 30 seconds and with two time-outs was grounds for firing the defensive coordinator and now I learn that there is only one head-coach in the whole league that can't score under those conditions........

EDIT: Not saying it was the right call to kneel - just saying you don't necesarily win by going forward

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
salamander":30o3l2an said:
Later when talking to Peter King he basically said he's never seen a QB this good this early...called him transcendent.

Thanks - had to start work so couldn't hear the rest. You don't happen to recall the approximate time do you?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
lukerguy":2oci3dzr said:
MANUNITED23":2oci3dzr said:
Brees just broke the single season passing record- I'd give him a bit more credit than that..
The benchmark for judging the top QBs in the league is changing.

Brees is part of the old school.

Russell is part of the new school.

salamander

Reaction score
mikeak":2jd1n87j said:
salamander":2jd1n87j said:

Thanks - had to start work so couldn't hear the rest. You don't happen to recall the approximate time do you?

Unfortunately I just saw it on the TV show on ESPNU. I think it was near the very end.

DaveyP

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3lw3q1nm said:
RW is one of the top 5-10 QB's in the NFL :)

I'd say he's one of the top 5-11.5 QBs, but who's measuring?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
mikeak":1c4wz30j said:
Hawkfan77":1c4wz30j said:
salamander":1c4wz30j said:

"funny" I thought giving up points in 30 seconds and with two time-outs was grounds for firing the defensive coordinator and now I learn that there is only one head-coach in the whole league that can't score under those conditions........

EDIT: Not saying it was the right call to kneel - just saying you don't necesarily win by going forward

You may not win but they didn't even try, throw at least one pass and get a first down who knows what happens. You have Peyton Manning, why not trust him to win the game? He is rightfully getting roasted for this.