offseason started: PC wants pass-rushers

Coxal

Reaction score
PC is starting to talk about our needs and the offseason.

“We need another pass rusher,” Carroll said, via the Tacoma News-Tribune. “We really do. That’s why we went out and got Jason (Jones) last year. And we’re going to have to double it up. We need a couple of guys.”

Whole article here

OP
OP
Coxal

Coxal

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":yv90glku said:
Great to hear. Even more important than a #1 WR, in my opinion. We HAVE to be able to pressure opposing QBs next season.
I totally agree. I'm fine with Rice/Tate/Baldwin. Of course I'll be glad if we take a shot at Bowe and i'm sure a WR or two will be drafted but do not use our 1st round on a WR. No WRs deserve it this year it's not like we have an AJ Green or Julio Jones.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Coxal":13d8a828 said:
peachesenregalia":13d8a828 said:
Great to hear. Even more important than a #1 WR, in my opinion. We HAVE to be able to pressure opposing QBs next season.
I totally agree. I'm fine with Rice/Tate/Baldwin. Of course I'll be glad if we take a shot at Bowe and i'm sure a WR or two will be drafted but do not use our 1st round on a WR. No WRs deserve it this year it's not like we have an AJ Green or Julio Jones.

While there is no Julio or AJ in this years draft it is incredibly deep.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Definately reassuring although I never really doubted PC....just figured it was one of the final rebuild projects. It seems pretty clear he and Sneids utilize temporary patches in spots while overhauling other areas until the time comes for the upgrades in that area.

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
Good news, nice knowing that this is the immediate concern from what we are hearing. I like that they have their priorities in order.

Zowert

Reaction score
All I want is an absolute MONSTER of a defensive tackle. Mebane is a good run stopper. So we need a well rounded DT, one who's specialty is plowing through O-linemen and destroying the pocket from right up the middle. Forcing a pocket QB to run to the edge, where Clemons or Irvin will be waiting.

By monster, I mean it. I'd like to find a freak of nature: 6'7" 355 pounds, but he won't just be a big dude. He will run a 5 second flat in the 40. Post a respectable time in the cone drill and beat out EVERYONE on bench press reps in his draft class. I want this dude to walk up to the barbell, see the 225 set up on it and ask, "Wait.. I didn't know we would be doing one arm curls..?" Then proceed to curl 225 with one arm.

When the incredible Hulk gets pissed, he turns into this guy. Our next franchise D-lineman who will set an NFL record for most Offensive Guards injured in a single season. All broken ankles from getting run over in their tracks.

OP
OP
Coxal

Coxal

Reaction score
I don't know what do you think guys but when I read this article it seems to me that an interior pass-rusher is priority number #1 above edge-rusher. He mentionned the signature of Jones and not Irvin.

Of course, pass-rush at all is a priority so I'm sure we will have additions inside and outside.

Btw Zowert, when I read you I have one name popping in my mind : SUH.

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
Well that Hulk and monster of a man happens to exits his name is Margus Hunt. :3: Check this kid out he is raw as hell being from Estonia and never played football until college. This guys gonna light up the combine so dont know if we got a shot, but we will see.
Seems like an athletic freak that's fast, thats a JS/PC pick if I've ever seen one. There were some other videos of him (I think against fresno state) lining up as DT then DE then NT it was strane but he got home sometimes even when triple teamed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margus_Hunt

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... argus-hunt

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... mpNzMQxVoA

jkitsune

Reaction score
Coxal":t9pa2nni said:
peachesenregalia":t9pa2nni said:

I could go either way depending on the situation. I have no doubt that PC/JS can find productive DL after round 1, and your pick in round 1 should never be hamstrung so much by a need that you overlook a superior player elsewhere. There's no AJ Green or Julio Jones, fine, but those players are top-10 caliber players. We're picking at 25, just barely above the start of round 2. Plenty of wideouts worthy of a pick there, with the potential to become special.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2r7mj5yy said:
Coxal":2r7mj5yy said:
peachesenregalia":2r7mj5yy said:

From what I understand reading the opinions of hacks like English and Kearly, this is a pretty deep WR class this year, plenty of talent to be had in the first two rounds. Still, pass rush is most important.

And since the draft class of WRs is deep and DL is not, you start with the latter area. I hope JS can get it done.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3f25osrb said:
And so do we! Great to hear. And here's the thing: great quarterbacks make good receivers look great; great pass rushers make good quarterbacks look bad.
I want a DL like the NY Giants have had in past years!

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Anyone think we will re-sign Jason Jones on the cheap? I would at least hope so. I would love it if DT and DE were extremely deep heading into camp, I want that competition to be ridiculous!

SuperHawks

Reaction score
Sign Henry Melton then do whatever you gotta do to get both Ansah and Hunt in the draft. Boom, pass rush fixed.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
SeaHawk80":1vpgg095 said:
Well that Hulk and monster of a man happens to exits his name is Margus Hunt. :3: Check this kid out he is raw as hell being from Estonia and never played football until college. This guys gonna light up the combine so dont know if we got a shot, but we will see.
Seems like an athletic freak that's fast, thats a JS/PC pick if I've ever seen one. There were some other videos of him (I think against fresno state) lining up as DT then DE then NT it was strane but he got home sometimes even when triple teamed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margus_Hunt

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... argus-hunt

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... mpNzMQxVoA

Uh, DUDE. predicted to rep 225 45 times, with a 4.6 40....this dude is gonna be gone way before #25....Estonian shot put/hammer throw monster, blocked 8 kicks in 12 games....WTF? Kiper's gonna be all over this guy!

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
Man, just watched that footage from the Hawaii bowl...that guy is a BEAST...seriously, I would cream myself if we drafted that guy...him on one side, Irvin on the other? that's sack central right there....

Hawks46

Reaction score
Man, Hunt would be a sick replacement for Bryant.

I hope Bryant gets better; he looked quicker last year and maybe his feet are bothering him. He needs to lose weight at that position. Hunt would be that athletic replacement at that spot. I'd like a JJ Watt type of guy...body type that is.