Is it just me?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Is it just me?
Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:39 am
  • I am a football fan, more important I am a Seahawk fan. For the last few years when the Hawks season ends...I am done...Done. I can't watch any more, the conference round or even the superbowl. Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else? :shock:
    SPOHAWK
    NET Veteran

Re: Is it just me?
Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:43 am
  • Nope, not just you. With the way the league has catered it's game to the pass attack and numerous other things that have turned me off to the NFL, I've become a Seahawks fan and a Seahawks fan only. I can still appreciate a great play and a great game (like the Denver/Bal game, I watched that and loved it, but with the sound off) but I'm done with awful officiating, terrible commentating, biased media perceptions, pink jerseys, countless awful commercials, etc. It's really become a joke.

Now, I just go to Carlow East, get nuts with a bunch of other Hawks fans, and could care less about who wins any other game in the NFL. You are not alone.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:45 am
  • Nope. Games from here out hold little interest. I'll watch them if I don't have anything better going on, but I'm not going to carve out a four-hour chunk of my time and ensure I can watch it at all costs. (Meaning that like a lot of other games during the season, it'll probably be on in the background while I work or surf the web.)
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:47 am
  • I'll still watch all the remaining games except the Pro Bowl, which is a total waste of time.

Always looking to see what other teams are doing and how they accomplish it.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:08 am
  • i will watch the niner game, to see how ATL fairs with them, but probably not the AFC game... and depending on who's in the SB, i may or may not watch..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:10 am
  • I am typically a huge football fan, and normally when the Hawks season ends I find my self still looking forward to watching playoff football.
    However, this year I just seem to not care as much about the other games going on this weekend. It's probably because of the fashion we lost in.

Maybe on Sunday some football will help. I doubt it though because as others have stated, the ECB and crappy commentators have wore me out.
    Loud and Proud - THEE 12th Man
    WSUhawk4life
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:13 am
  • Thats usually the case with me too. But i'm going to watch the Niners/Falcons game. I can't stand Jim Harbaugh. The guy is a major D-bag. So it would be wonderful to see his dreams crushed in Atlanta.
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:14 am
  • I'll watch if I'm free but I won't set aside the time to watch like I do the hawks. I will keep an eye to see who knocks off the whiners.
    bingotown
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:15 am
  • I will watch the conference finals and Superbowl. There are always some interesting story lines and I like witnessing history as close to firsthand as I can. Now if I were 20 years younger, I might be doing something else with my time but my Greek god physique is toast, so motivation to flaunt it is gone.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:17 am
  • I will watch Sunday just to hope Atlanta wins and I can watch Harbaugh act like a dickhead in the press conference. that would put the only smile on my face this week.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:31 am
  • I have always been this way. I watch two sports. Seattle football and Hockey , Detroit and nothing else matters. I will put other games on and watch from a far or while on my pc or doing stuff throughout the day, But It has no grip on me like a Seahawks game. In fact it is so bad that Last week my girl had family over. It was unseasonably warm, so she said. "I knew your game was on so I got everything outside this morning. I told everyone to stay outside and not walk in your TV path!"

LMAO. That is a good girl! She knows whats up!

I do appreciate her efforts. But nothing else matters But Seahawks football when it is on and I think she appreciates that I am not an NFL frenzy fan that I spend 13 hours in front of the TV and watch each and every game avoiding other important things in life!
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:40 am
  • I mentioned this elsewhere and in the past. When the Seahawks lose their last game football season is over.

I wouldn't walk across the lawn if you paid me to watch other teams play. I mean,,,what's the point?

There is no NFL, merely Seahawks football.

:les:

p.s. since the season is over for me its time to change the last few weeks winning avatar and desktop.
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:04 am
  • The Radish wrote:I mentioned this elsewhere and in the past. When the Seahawks lose their last game football season is over.

I wouldn't walk across the lawn if you paid me to watch other teams play. I mean,,,what's the point?

:les:

You've summed it up perfectly, Les. This is EXACTLY how I feel.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:05 am
  • Time for Hockey.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:23 am
  • The Radish wrote: I mean,,,what's the point?

Yep.

Time is valuable, on to other things on the weekend that have a higher priority than watching other NFL teams.

Next time I'll watch is when the Seahawks are picking their 1st round pick in the draft!
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:36 am
  • I'll watch the rest of the season this year because I don't work on Sundays. I'll watch the Super Bowl, too. It just doesn't feel the same. My attention span wanes, etc.
    ParisPC07
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:42 am
  • I had Sunday ticket all of this year and did not watch a single game outside of the Hawks. I simply am not interested to see other teams playing for what I feel should be ours.
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:48 am
  • Same feelings here... But if the Pats are not in the SB this year I might be watching because the matchup will bring some fresh air on this league (Atlanta-Baltimore would be fun).

Btw I do like watching college football.
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:05 am
  • It's still NFL football of which I am a fan. So, while there isn't as much attention, I still watch and enjoy.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:21 am
  • I figured it out this year, actually.

It totally depends on how the Seahawks do.

If the Hawks are a 4-12 team that was never in contention then I can watch the playoffs, I'll pick a team or two that I'm rooting for, etc. This year, I probably would've picked the Ravens and Texans.

But because the Seahawks made the playoffs, had a better than decent shot at winning the whole damn thing, once they're done, I'm done.

It's just too heart breaking when I know the Seahawks could have won it all.
    SirTed
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:27 am
  • SPOHAWK wrote:I am a football fan, more important I am a Seahawk fan. For the last few years when the Hawks season ends...I am done...Done. I can't watch any more, the conference round or even the superbowl. Is it just me or does this happen to anyone else? :shock:

yeah, i'm done.... no interest.

and I realized during our game I couldnt recall who played in the Super Bowl last year.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:36 am
  • I'm an NFL fan in general and I'll root on the Falcons for the duration.

However, if the games are boring, they quickly become background noise while I do other things. (Though I'll enjoy a fun Super Bowl party because why not?)
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:03 am
  • This is the first year I won't watch any more football . I'm just a Seahawks fan not a NFL fan anymore . Can't watch the Brady love fest anymore can't watch the horrific ref calls . And remember Carey is refing the Super Bowl that enough for me not to watch right there.
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information