The Number ONE Goal in 2013...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
The Number ONE Goal in 2013...
Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:08 pm
  • Secure Home Field Advantage.

Of course, do what we need to do in the draft and Free Agency, be prudent and swift with our decisions, rest our players, get healthy and utilize the OTA's, minicamps and Training Camp to get where we need to be with our timing and precision, but above all else, have ONE singular focus and that is to win our division and be the #1 seed in the NFC.

I don't want to see a single game like Miami or Detroit in 2013. It's all business. Play every game like it's the playoffs.

I have no doubt that we would all agree had the Falcons have to come out to Century Link yesterday to play us, we would be moving on to the NFC Championship.

The goals of year's past are past. No longer do we simply want to have a winning season or make strides. This train has one stop scheduled and it's the Super Bowl.

All Aboard!

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: The Number ONE Goal in 2013...
Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:09 pm
  • No Shit.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:14 pm
  • Agreed. The problem with this season was not a certain play in the last game but losing at ariz, St.L, Maimi, Detroit. take care of 1 or more of those games (which were really close) and we get homefield throughout. But i think we needed the hard road this year to show us what we can do. I don't think we lose those games next year. Get it done in the regular season, get homefield, win SB!
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!
    Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:46 pm
  • Wiseguy wrote:Agreed. The problem with this season was not a certain play in the last game but losing at ariz, St.L, Maimi, Detroit. take care of 1 or more of those games (which were really close) and we get homefield throughout. But i think we needed the hard road this year to show us what we can do. I don't think we lose those games next year. Get it done in the regular season, get homefield, win SB!

I can't agree more. What a team we've got.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:50 pm
  • Number 1 goal is to win the Superbowl, nothing less. Period, this team is deserving, this city is, this region is. That's it, I said so and so does everyone of us in our hearts and minds!
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:50 pm
  • Wiseguy wrote:Agreed. The problem with this season was not a certain play in the last game but losing at ariz, St.L, Maimi, Detroit. take care of 1 or more of those games (which were really close) and we get homefield throughout. But i think we needed the hard road this year to show us what we can do. I don't think we lose those games next year. Get it done in the regular season, get homefield, win SB!

:th2thumbs:
    Giblien
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:55 pm

RW has us in position to win at AZ but Baldwin and Braylon just couldn't hang on.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:57 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:
    Wiseguy wrote:Agreed. The problem with this season was not a certain play in the last game but losing at ariz, St.L, Maimi, Detroit. take care of 1 or more of those games (which were really close) and we get homefield throughout. But i think we needed the hard road this year to show us what we can do. I don't think we lose those games next year. Get it done in the regular season, get homefield, win SB!

RW has us in position to with at AZ but Baldwin and Braylon just couldn't hang on.

they will next year. RW comands so!
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!
    Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:00 pm
  • Our loss in Atlanta will make this a great team for years to come. Russell will not let it happen again.
    godawg
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:02 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:No Shit.
    CrimsonWazzu
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:06 pm
  • Leif is just mean sometimes, ain't he?

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:06 pm
  • I'm in! I think this teams believes too. I'd be surprised if game 1 Wilson had the locker room won. Tavaris had his guys, and Flynn is no slouch either. He had to overcome a lot. After putting the team on his back I bet these guys feel bad they lost it for Russell. Lynch regrets his fumble, the OL is mad at themselves for the sacks, the defense for letting up. RW makes this team want to be better.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:50 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:No Shit.

I'm not normally hostile minded when I read posts, but when I read the first sentence in the OP the first thought that popped into my head was "no shit Sherlock." :)

Then I stopped reading and started skimming the comments and saw that as the very first reply. Made me chuckle. Nothing against you Aros, but I thought it was funny.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:02 am
  • I just want to make the playoffs again, don't want to be a one hit wonder like the Detroit Lions.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:26 am
  • Blitzer88 wrote:I just want to make the playoffs again, don't want to be a one hit wonder like the Detroit Lions.

We're not the Lions. Not even close.
    CrimsonWazzu
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:04 am
  • kearly wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:No Shit.

I'm not normally hostile minded when I read posts, but when I read the first sentence in the OP the first thought that popped into my head was "no shit Sherlock." :)

Then I stopped reading and started skimming the comments and saw that as the very first reply. Made me chuckle. Nothing against you Aros, but I thought it was funny.

Nothing against me? Funny indeed.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:32 am
  • Blitzer88 wrote:I just want to make the playoffs again, don't want to be a one hit wonder like the Detroit Lions.

We have been to the playoffs in 7 out of the last 10 years. And in the last 5 post-season ventures, we have won at least one game.

We have had our sucky moments, but most of the league would give up a body part to change places with us.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:46 am
  • Agree we absolutely need to win the division...but it won't be easy as SF will be very good next year. We need the #1 or #2 seed next year, so we have to win 12 games.

8-0 at home
    4-4 on the road

That should do it.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:06 am
  • 1/2 game out of first place meant that we had to fly cross-country to DC, then cross-country to Atlanta, then (if we had won) down to SF. In the mean time, that 1/2 game meant that SF got to sit it out first round, then rest at home for two games. The difference between that 1/2 game (tiebreakers aside) was profound. Not that I'm bothered this year because we're 1-2 years ahead of schedule and those road games were valuable experiences in the long-run...but going forward, we have to have that 1/2 game.
    Jac
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:50 am
  • Mitch Levy just had a piece on Wilson and the road. His words were that QB's that win on the road, are the ones playing at home in the playoffs.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:59 am
  • .....get a formidable DL.
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:14 am
  • Next year I expect 5-3 on the road and 8-0 at home, nothing less. (The only exception allowed is if we go 8-0 on the road and 7-1 at home, but my way seems easier.)
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:16 am
  • I think another goal is to try and duplicate the 2nd half of the season right out of the gate.

Winning and playing well on the road was a huge boost to the confidence. If we can do that, then that goal of playing at home in the playoffs becomes a reality.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:50 am
  • Number one goal should be to win a Super Bowl. Everything else is a secondary thought.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:57 am
  • JonRud wrote:Agree we absolutely need to win the division...but it won't be easy as SF will be very good next year. We need the #1 or #2 seed next year, so we have to win 12 games.

8-0 at home
    4-4 on the road

That should do it.

The best part of this is that we are undefeated against the Kaep led Niners. Smith, for some reason always did just enough to beat us. As of right now, we own Kaep. Let's not lose sight of this little gem :)
    :les:

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information