Peoples opinion on RW3...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Peoples opinion on RW3...
Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:32 pm

Re: Peoples opinion on RW3...
Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:37 pm
  • Who?

Oh you mean Russell Wilson, or DangerRuss. I think he is the freaking raddest dude alive.

Go Hawks
    It's about damn time TEZ is in the HOF
    tacomahawk
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:41 pm
  • I remember this thread from several weeks ago...lots of crow being served over there
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:42 pm
  • The OP must feel like the biggest idiot on the planet.
    yungeva
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:43 pm
  • It's only logical though. I mean you have a 5'11" qb trying to do what no one really has done before him at that size. Atop of that he was a rookie, looking pretty bad sometimes, going through natural rookie growth to what he's been doing for many games now all in a single season. It's amazing from any angle.

btw, why the link to the one Bills fan saying he won't ever be an elite qb?
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:44 pm
  • Wilson won a lot of people over, made everyone who doubted him eat some crow. Great to see.

There are still idiots though, love this gem on the last page:

Posted Today, 10:33 PM
    Mr. Wonderful, on 14 January 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

Graham sucked. Wilson took his team to the playoffs. NY 33 has zero credibility.

True. Fluke game against GB due to scab refs. Yeah, they may still have got in... BUT without another fluke win against Chicago... They are looking in from the outside...

All those fluke wins!! :lol:
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:47 pm
  • LOL I just spent my entire evening reading that thread from the beginning.. that was funny as hell. I am thinking about making an account there just to talk with those guys..
    I loved that Missile launcher for an arm comment.
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:07 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:Wilson won a lot of people over, made everyone who doubted him eat some crow. Great to see.

Graham sucked. Wilson took his team to the playoffs. NY 33 has zero credibility.

True. Fluke game against GB due to scab refs. Yeah, they may still have got in... BUT without another fluke win against Chicago... They are looking in from the outside...

yes, fans like this exist... and drives me crazy! I swear, it's like they see life through a straw.
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:48 pm
  • I especially liked the comments later from the op regarding yea but wait until defenses start figuring him out in a few years. What, like 10-15 yrs down the road they might start slowing him down, lmao.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:54 am
  • Why oh why do people insist on the moniker RW3? He is not Russell Wilson the 3rd!!!!. Now before people start screaming about how it's Russell Wilson with his number added, I was watching an interview of some Seahawks fan in Atlanta the day before the game. He was wearing a Browner Jersey and he said some idiotic comment about all the love for his man RW3 "Russell Wilson the third". Yes he actually said the words Russell Wilson the third. Can we PLEASE stop using this for our quarterback? There is but one Russell Wilson.

Edit: Typed Seahawks fan in Seattle, had to correct it as it was a Seahawks fan in Atlanta who had flown in for the game
    Last edited by kidhawk on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:57 am
  • My favorite idiotic comment of the thread was how "yet another running quarterback kicked out of the playoffs" or something like that. Heh. That's the biggest myth there is in football right now.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:12 am
  • Its nice to finally be the subject of that conversation and not the ones having it.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:26 am
  • kidhawk wrote:Why oh why do people insist on the moniker RW3? He is not Russell Wilson the 3rd!!!!. Now before people start screaming about how it's Russell Wilson with his number added, I was watching an interview of some Seahawks fan in Atlanta the day before the game. He was wearing a Browner Jersey and he said some idiotic comment about all the love for his man RW3 "Russell Wilson the third". Yes he actually said the words Russell Wilson the third. Can we PLEASE stop using this for our quarterback? There is but one Russell Wilson.

Edit: Typed Seahawks fan in Seattle, had to correct it as it was a Seahawks fan in Atlanta who had flown in for the game

This. I've heard the "it's his number" and "Chris Paul did the same" argument and feel it's stupid. Chris Paul did it cuz it rhymed (P and 3).Incidentally, I feel that's one of the main reasons that Robert Griffin got it (G and 3). Unless I'm not pronouncing the 'W' correctly, I don't think that it rhymes with three.
    rsRyno
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:26 am
  • One of my favorite comments:

He's been a monster at home, but he is on a team that averages 4 less points than the Bills. The Seahawks have scored 30 points once this season. The Bills have scored 30+ twice and lost. I know we have to hate Fitz but Wilson would have zero difference on our season. It's all about Seattle's defense and our lack of one. Long term, Wilson's ceiling is higher but not this season.

Oops!
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:28 am
  • Was an interesting walk through the season from another fan base perspective. There is no need to break into their conversation to rub it in. Wilson already has his supporters there along with skeptics.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:33 am
  • Lots of lolz thre. Why does everyone has the same avatar over there. I thought one guy was making lotz and lotz of postses. Is that like Bills equivalent of wearing paper bag mask?

WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:00 am
  • CANHawk wrote:Lots of lolz thre. Why does everyone has the same avatar over there. I thought one guy was making lotz and lotz of postses. Is that like Bills equivalent of wearing paper bag mask?

That is probably their .NET asparagus answer.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:43 am
  • Posted Today, 10:33 PM

[/quote]

What makes Mr. Wonderful's post so funny, is that the Bills took TJ Graham in the 3rd round, an NC State reciever. So, you KNOW that the Bills GM spent lots of time watching Wilson throw the ball to Graham. What a whiff that was--to see how good TJ was with Wilson v. his last season and still pass on Wilson. (Although, Graham cannot be considered a bust yet, even though he only caught 30 passes last season).
    aawolf
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am
  • oh well. as much as I love Russell Wilson, I am still quitely riding the Matt Flynn band wagon.

screw the innocent.
    Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire
    Bipolar
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:55 am
  • Outside opinions don't mean a whole lot. Unfortunately, the kid probably doesn't have much of a future left in the NFL after his second ACL surgery. And the blame for that falls squarely on Snyder's shoulders, as well as the stupid decision to trade away a few years worth of draft picks for him. I still have no idea why they had him out there playing against the Seahawks last week. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:57 am
  • HansGruber wrote:Outside opinions don't mean a whole lot. Unfortunately, the kid probably doesn't have much of a future left in the NFL after his second ACL surgery. And the blame for that falls squarely on Snyder's shoulders, as well as the stupid decision to trade away a few years worth of draft picks for him. I still have no idea why they had him out there playing against the Seahawks last week. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

What about Snyder instills confidence he'll ever do something smart?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:36 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:Wilson won a lot of people over, made everyone who doubted him eat some crow. Great to see.

Hahaha. I guess we should call the Falcons loss a fluke loss.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information