Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Peoples opinion on RW3...
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:32 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

From week 1 to yesterday, it is crazy how opinions of other fans where changed.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/1 ... -be-elite/

Post subject: Re: Peoples opinion on RW3...
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:37 pm 
NET Starter

Who?

Oh you mean Russell Wilson, or DangerRuss. I think he is the freaking raddest dude alive.

Go Hawks

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:41 pm 
NET Veteran

I remember this thread from several weeks ago...lots of crow being served over there

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:42 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

The OP must feel like the biggest idiot on the planet.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:43 pm 
NET Veteran

It's only logical though. I mean you have a 5'11" qb trying to do what no one really has done before him at that size. Atop of that he was a rookie, looking pretty bad sometimes, going through natural rookie growth to what he's been doing for many games now all in a single season. It's amazing from any angle.

btw, why the link to the one Bills fan saying he won't ever be an elite qb?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:44 pm 
NET Veteran

Wilson won a lot of people over, made everyone who doubted him eat some crow. Great to see.

There are still idiots though, love this gem on the last page:

Quote:
Posted Today, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Mr. Wonderful, on 14 January 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

Graham sucked. Wilson took his team to the playoffs. NY 33 has zero credibility.

True. Fluke game against GB due to scab refs. Yeah, they may still have got in... BUT without another fluke win against Chicago... They are looking in from the outside...

All those fluke wins!! :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:47 pm 
NET Veteran

LOL I just spent my entire evening reading that thread from the beginning.. that was funny as hell. I am thinking about making an account there just to talk with those guys..
I loved that Missile launcher for an arm comment.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:07 pm 
NET Rookie

twisted_steel2 wrote:
Wilson won a lot of people over, made everyone who doubted him eat some crow. Great to see.

Quote:
Quote:

Graham sucked. Wilson took his team to the playoffs. NY 33 has zero credibility.

True. Fluke game against GB due to scab refs. Yeah, they may still have got in... BUT without another fluke win against Chicago... They are looking in from the outside...

yes, fans like this exist... and drives me crazy! I swear, it's like they see life through a straw.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:48 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

I especially liked the comments later from the op regarding yea but wait until defenses start figuring him out in a few years. What, like 10-15 yrs down the road they might start slowing him down, lmao.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:54 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Why oh why do people insist on the moniker RW3? He is not Russell Wilson the 3rd!!!!. Now before people start screaming about how it's Russell Wilson with his number added, I was watching an interview of some Seahawks fan in Atlanta the day before the game. He was wearing a Browner Jersey and he said some idiotic comment about all the love for his man RW3 "Russell Wilson the third". Yes he actually said the words Russell Wilson the third. Can we PLEASE stop using this for our quarterback? There is but one Russell Wilson.

Edit: Typed Seahawks fan in Seattle, had to correct it as it was a Seahawks fan in Atlanta who had flown in for the game

Last edited by kidhawk on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:57 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

My favorite idiotic comment of the thread was how "yet another running quarterback kicked out of the playoffs" or something like that. Heh. That's the biggest myth there is in football right now.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:12 am 
* NET X's & O's Guru *

Its nice to finally be the subject of that conversation and not the ones having it.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:26 am 
NET Bench Warmer

kidhawk wrote:
Why oh why do people insist on the moniker RW3? He is not Russell Wilson the 3rd!!!!. Now before people start screaming about how it's Russell Wilson with his number added, I was watching an interview of some Seahawks fan in Atlanta the day before the game. He was wearing a Browner Jersey and he said some idiotic comment about all the love for his man RW3 "Russell Wilson the third". Yes he actually said the words Russell Wilson the third. Can we PLEASE stop using this for our quarterback? There is but one Russell Wilson.

Edit: Typed Seahawks fan in Seattle, had to correct it as it was a Seahawks fan in Atlanta who had flown in for the game

This. I've heard the "it's his number" and "Chris Paul did the same" argument and feel it's stupid. Chris Paul did it cuz it rhymed (P and 3).Incidentally, I feel that's one of the main reasons that Robert Griffin got it (G and 3). Unless I'm not pronouncing the 'W' correctly, I don't think that it rhymes with three.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:26 am 
* NET Philistine *

One of my favorite comments:

Quote:
He's been a monster at home, but he is on a team that averages 4 less points than the Bills. The Seahawks have scored 30 points once this season. The Bills have scored 30+ twice and lost. I know we have to hate Fitz but Wilson would have zero difference on our season. It's all about Seattle's defense and our lack of one. Long term, Wilson's ceiling is higher but not this season.

Oops!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:28 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

Was an interesting walk through the season from another fan base perspective. There is no need to break into their conversation to rub it in. Wilson already has his supporters there along with skeptics.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:33 am 
* Gangnameister *

Lots of lolz thre. Why does everyone has the same avatar over there. I thought one guy was making lotz and lotz of postses. Is that like Bills equivalent of wearing paper bag mask?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:00 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

CANHawk wrote:
Lots of lolz thre. Why does everyone has the same avatar over there. I thought one guy was making lotz and lotz of postses. Is that like Bills equivalent of wearing paper bag mask?

That is probably their .NET asparagus answer.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:43 am 
NET Starter

Quote:
Quote:

[/quote]

What makes Mr. Wonderful's post so funny, is that the Bills took TJ Graham in the 3rd round, an NC State reciever. So, you KNOW that the Bills GM spent lots of time watching Wilson throw the ball to Graham. What a whiff that was--to see how good TJ was with Wilson v. his last season and still pass on Wilson. (Although, Graham cannot be considered a bust yet, even though he only caught 30 passes last season).

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am 
NET Veteran

oh well. as much as I love Russell Wilson, I am still quitely riding the Matt Flynn band wagon.

screw the innocent.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:55 am 
NET Veteran

Outside opinions don't mean a whole lot. Unfortunately, the kid probably doesn't have much of a future left in the NFL after his second ACL surgery. And the blame for that falls squarely on Snyder's shoulders, as well as the stupid decision to trade away a few years worth of draft picks for him. I still have no idea why they had him out there playing against the Seahawks last week. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:57 am 
* NET Philistine *

HansGruber wrote:
Outside opinions don't mean a whole lot. Unfortunately, the kid probably doesn't have much of a future left in the NFL after his second ACL surgery. And the blame for that falls squarely on Snyder's shoulders, as well as the stupid decision to trade away a few years worth of draft picks for him. I still have no idea why they had him out there playing against the Seahawks last week. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

What about Snyder instills confidence he'll ever do something smart?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:36 pm 
NET Veteran

twisted_steel2 wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

Hahaha. I guess we should call the Falcons loss a fluke loss.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]