If you could choose 1 Qb for our future, Wilson or Luck?

So would you rather have Wilson or Luck?

• Wilson

Votes: 133 88.7%
  • Luck

Votes: 17 11.3%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
Call me crazy but even today I would choose Luck.

hawkmanj

Reaction score
Wilson is winner. He is the heart and face of this team.

I'll pick him against anyone at this point.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Wilson is a smarter QB, so Wilson.

Do you want your QB throwing pics at the end of the game to ruin your chances or would you rather have it on your defenses shoulders to win it... eh baring yesterday... lol.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Doesn't even take a second thought. Only thing Luck has on RW is his height. Other than that, I'll take RW 10 times out of 10.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I see no evidence to convince me the answer should be Luck other than a lot of hype.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Luck is a ugly, gangly, bumbing, and I'd hate to have to listen to him after every game. He might have more size and a little better arm but wilson is a champion and a true leader. He leads by example and might go down as one of the best QB's of all time.

I though so highly of Aaron Rodgers but after all the hype and commercial went to his head he is just not the same. Russell is not that type of guy, it will not faze him, he is grounded in the lord and is faithful to his wife and team. He will Lead the hawks to many more amazing playoff victories and a few superbowls. Luck I can't say the same.

Stuje1

Reaction score
You can talk about "potential" all you want, but you also need to go out in the field and prove it. Look at all the first rd draft QBs that theoretically had all the potential in the world but tanked. Not saying Luck isn't good, but in the year we have seen these two QBs actually go out and prove their worth:

Regular Season
Completion %:
Wilson - 64.1
Luck - 54.1

YPA:
Wilson - 7.93
Luck - 6.98

TDs:
Wilson - 26
Luck - 23

INTS:
Wilson - 10
Luck - 18

Passer Rating:
Wilson - 100 (4th best in the NFL)
Luck - 76.5 (26th in the NFL)

Rushing:
Wilson - 489 yds
Luck - 255 yds

Playoff Wins:
Wilson - 1 (and did enough to almost earn 2)
Luck - 0

Without even getting into Wilson's much better playoff stats and much better stats against common opponents, I think the above speaks volumes enough. The game is played on the field, not based on the player's draft pick.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
RW. And I have thought about it at length and have come to the conclusion that Russell Wilson is the best QB in the LEAGUE for THIS Seahawks team /city/fan base. Think carefully about who we are as a team/city/fans and if you can counter I would Damn near PAY to hear it.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Forget about skills right now. The kids work ethic and personality is what matters long term. I was a Flynn guy. I didn't want to see Wilson get the job - this season, anyway. I was won over at some point like everyone else and never looked back.

How can you not root for this guy... he sets an example not just for football but for life. A remarkable human being, and a legend in the making.

I think the football gods needed this year to give Brady his final ring that he deserves. Russell can wait, plenty of time for those in years to come.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Wilson has a head on his shoulders that I would pit against any other QB in the league, bar none. Just imagining what this kid will do when he's in his prime, at say 28 years old with 5 years of experience under his belt blows my mind. He has future Hall of Famer written all over him, and I wouldn't trade him for ANYbody! He's OURS, and I believe him when he says he doesn't want to play for anybody else. He's a Seahawk fan's dream come true as we finally have our ELITE QB, right up there with the best! If you can't tell, I'm a little high on Russell. He is the REAL DEAL, and is probably... I'll give it a year or two to be fair... my favorite all-time Seahawk.

GO HAWKS!

jkitsune

Reaction score
To be honest, I've been pondering this for a while. A Bears friend of mine (who is much more convinced about RW after yesterday than he was before) kept hounding me about this question, though instead of 'Luck' it was just 'which QBs would you take over Wilson THIS YEAR.' Other than the obvious three, it was hard to pick that many. Wilson just hasn't struggled much, and even though his stats hadn't been incredible earlier in the year, he was making plays and keeping the offense moving, and was cool under pressure. I can't think of that many other QBs I would rather have had on this team - I can think of tons of other QBs who put up much better stats, but it's really hard to envision this team with many other QBs.

But if I had to pick one QB in the league right now to be my QB for the next decade? Wilson.

Twisted

Reaction score
isn't Wilson just a far more accurate thrower, I mean Andrew Luck looks and plays like a Rookie, but if you didn't know it you would swear Wilson is like a 6 year veteran phenom, simply SCHOOLED the 13-3 Falcons in the second half after a very poor defensive first half and botched coaching decisions, should have been at least 20-3 for his effort after the first half!!!

I think they release the offensive coordinator and put it all in Wilson's hands by year 3 add to defensive coordination, if you stop challenging that guy he will peak...