Do you want Giacomini back?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I know for much of the year, we were fed up with Breno Giacomini. Dumb penalties, mental lapses, drive-killing mistakes. His play seemed to be pretty decent, if not solid, but the other stuff almost wasn't worth it.

But I realized today that he has not caused me frustration for weeks. In fact, I don't recall hearing his name (which in this case is a good thing) for a few games.

Could it be that he figured out how to play smarter football? Turned a corner?

Or coincidence?

Do you want him back as the starting RT next year, or do you think that is a position that needs to be addressed?

Axx

Reaction score
bring back breno, cut sweezy

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I like him.

I only noticed him yesterday a few times but, he usually had his guy on lock down.
When his feet are moving, he's really good.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
All I can think of when I hear his name is that one user's (sorry, can't remember who ya are!) sig with the line about "Eight yards and a pile of bodies." If there's even a hint of that being true, then yeah, I want him. Mean SOBs on the O-line = good running game.

Soppie

Reaction score
I honestly dont remember him getting one of his dumb penalties since Pete benched him. I think it was in the Lions game he had one of his patented unnecessary roughness call at the whistle and Pete sat him down. Since than he has played well

A-Dog

Reaction score
No reason not to bring him back, but I would be very happy if we could upgrade to someone who is a more consistent pass blocker. Breno has cut down on the penalties, which is good, but I still see him getting beat all the time. I think he's overrated on here because people like his toughness.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
A-Dog":156q6otl said:
No reason not to bring him back, but I would be very happy if we could upgrade to someone who is a more consistent pass blocker. Breno has cut down on the penalties, which is good, but I still see him getting beat all the time. I think he's overrated on here because people like his toughness.

How many times did he get beat by Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, Cameron Wake, Aldon Smith and Jared Allen?

And yes, they lined those guys up against Breno AND Okung.

Furthermore, name me five other starting right tackles in the NFL without using google.

Breno is just fine.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Why in the hell wouldn't you want him back? He played some damn good football for us and he doesn't take any crap from anyone on the field either! Love that guy! He has learned to play through the whistle, not after.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3dkq66k6 said:
A-Dog":3dkq66k6 said:

How many times did he get beat by Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, Cameron Wake, Aldon Smith and Jared Allen?

And yes, they lined those guys up against Breno AND Okung.

Furthermore, name me five other starting right tackles in the NFL without using google.

Breno is just fine.

I'm accepting that challenge of naming 5 starting RT's without google.

Tyson Clabo, Anthony Davis, Jerome Bushrod, Doug Free, Bryan Bulaga, Phil Loadholt, Gabe Carimi, Jonathan Martin, Sebastian Vollmer, Andre Smith, (That rookie on the browns picked in the 2nd round, his name eludes me), and that's about all I got, with a couple added in for good measure.

Bam.

EDIT: Mitchell Swartz, damnit.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Soppie":ip4kz5wa said:
I honestly dont remember him getting one of his dumb penalties since Pete benched him. I think it was in the Lions game he had one of his patented unnecessary roughness call at the whistle and Pete sat him down. Since than he has played well

This. The guy had his idiot moments, but he corrected them when he had to.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
He's Nasty
He's Mean
He's Big
yeah, keep him I guess..

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Love Breno, he's our most overlooked and underated player. He is a beast who brings a mean attitude we need. Plus he is always there to push Lynch int he back for an extra yard or two.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I would happily upgrade any position if it was possible. If we find somebody better then so long Breno. But, its not one of the top priorities.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I like Breno as well -- his intensity and that absolute brawler mentality is exactly what you want in a Tackle. I believe that he's a real asset in the run game. That said, I'm a bit torn on him in terms of his ability to pass protect. That last Rams game is the prime example of what I'm talking about. After that game, I went back to the game film and really focused in on the offensive line and where the pressure was coming from. I want to say that 5 of the 6 Sacks were through that right side and that Breno did allow 2 or 3 of those sacks IIRC (one of those was kind of a mutual Breno/Sweezy allowed sack). All day long the Rams were able to get pressure on Wilson through that right side, so I'm a bit concerned honestly. Giacomini was clearly overmatched in that game. The Rams have one of the top young defensive lines in the game ... we've obviously got to play them twice a year ... and that team is only going to get better. So I dunno honestly. If we can upgrade that RT position with a reasonable FA deal without breaking the bank, messing up our cap, and compromising all our other offseason plans (or via a draft choice) -- I'd have to say sure, I'm game. If not, then I guess it's just something we'll have to live with.

kendog2639

Reaction score
id worry more bout the guards at this point... tired of the swapping between moffitt and sweezy!! choose one and ride with it

sweezy might be nastier but moffitt is consistant