Billick just doesn't like Pete ... does he

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Watched the The Coaches Show and Billick said Pete was way off base with his questioning the free field goal try Atlanta's kicker got. Does anybody know why Billick always seems to find some way to slam Pete all the time. He even acted "bitchy" during the broadcast when Pete was questioning the ref about the kick....something to the effect ..."Oh come on Pete you know you called a timeout." .... as if Pete was telling the ref he really didn't call the timeout. I used to like Billick ... but more and more he seems like a jerk.
    Tailspin Hawk Fan
    NET Rookie

• East Coast Bias!
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• The Sunday game crew for both sucked big time, Billick didn't even know the down and distance situations when the game was going on. I know most people complain about the broadcast crew after a loss but this was almost as bad as the Martz/Rams slobberfest orgy earlier in the year.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

• BSPN and NFLN are hard to watch
    sig by Ramster
    The Battle #83
    NET Rookie

• He was pulling for the Falcons for sure,he looked crestfallen when we briefly took the lead.His sister is married to Mike Smith I believe and Smith worked for him.
    canzag
    NET Veteran

• heh...Billick cant even track the point differential right.
    **ME LONG YOU LOVE TIME**
    Seattle_Stunna_MD
    NET Rookie

• I hope he gets a head coaching job so we can kick his ass next year!
    Hachtung
    NET Bench Warmer

• I'm sure Billick is jealous of any "college coach" that took a potential NFL job from him.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Heard somewhere that Billick is related by a marriage (can't recall if its his son in law or daughter in law) to Mike Smith of the Falcons. Maybe that's it.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• canzag wrote:he looked crestfallen when we briefly took the lead

Yep, he seriously looked distressed. Made me chuckle out loud.
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Rookie

• It's disgusting that the NFL allowed such a biased person be one of the announcers in a divisional playoff game.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I did laugh however when they mentioned Chris Myers(sideline reporter)did 7 Hawk games this season.I do not buy the college thing because he seems to have no problem with Harbaugh at all.
    canzag
    NET Veteran

• I remember during the game yesterday when we had 50 seconds left in the game Billick said something "This isn't automatically 4 down territory they could go for a field goal because they have all their timeouts left."
    BamKam
    NET Starter

• BamKam wrote:I remember during the game yesterday when we had 50 seconds left in the game Billick said something "This isn't automatically 4 down territory they could go for a field goal because they have all their timeouts left."

Yeah, I remember him saying and thinking ..... what an idiot.
    Tailspin Hawk Fan
    NET Rookie

• Someone posted here that because of the FG "practicing" that went on during Raven-Broncos, the refs briefed both teams before the game that that wouldn't be allowed. If that's actually true, then I suppose there should have been a five-yard delay penalty imposed for the kick. I don't think it's really that big a deal, and the kicker probably would have scored anyhow. But if you go to the trouble of explicitly spelling something like that out pre-game, then you MUST call it during the game. Even if it goes against the home team in a crucial spot. It's simply a must, if credibility and consistency are things that you value as an organization.

As to the OP, if the pre-game briefing did indeed occur, then Bilick's obviously wrong factually. Every coach in the league would have asked for a call in that circumstance, even him.
    "I have a Super Bowl ring, and I would gladly show that to him. And if he doesn’t have time to come see it, tell him he can Google it." -- Doug Baldwin
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran

• still requires a rule stating that it would be a penalty
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Billick was almost snickering when he remarked that Seattle came back last week against a hobbled RGIII but that there was no injured QB to take advantage of this time. The score was 27-7. He definitely has something against someone in the organization.
    SoCalSeahawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Wonder how these people get their jobs. Can you believe he is on the radar for the Philly job? Ridiculous.
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• Billick is a tool...

He had his knee pads on for Smith for most of that game, but I will never forget him calling the game in AZ (2010) he was slobbering on Whiz, then Hasselbeck wound up a bomb for Butler. Before Hass could even throw the ball he was "Oh no, uh oh". As Butler caught the ball, juked 3 DB's like they were standing still and scored.

It really bothered him. "This is just a busted play that Seattle got away with". When it was executed to perfection.

I was kind of down on the Fox offering, for that game they could have done better.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Tailspin Hawk Fan wrote:
    BamKam wrote:I remember during the game yesterday when we had 50 seconds left in the game Billick said something "This isn't automatically 4 down territory they could go for a field goal because they have all their timeouts left."

Yeah, I remember him saying and thinking ..... what an idiot.

Especially since they had shown Pete on camera holding up four fingers to Russell to explicitly remind him they had four downs to work with.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• I thought Kenny, Moose and Goose was the #2 crew for Fox. Why was Billick doing the game anyway?
    I would rather have an army of Dogs led by a Pug than an army of Pugs led by a Dog. ~Napoleon
    pugs1
    NET Starter

• I sent a complain to Fox sports on this, I did this earlier while Mike was doing the Rams Seahawks game in St Louis and I have not seen him again. I think if people write to them, they will look at it again and understand things better.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:56 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information