Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:54 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
Posts: 1399
Location: Seattle (From Spokane)
Update from Jay Glazer:
"Eagles are bringing Seattle DC Gus Bradley in for a second interview tomorrow."

_________________
Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:
Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:15 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 11:18 am
Posts: 380
Don't let the door hit ya on the way out... :P

_________________
"I didn't do anything...i just headbutted him!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:26 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
Posts: 1399
Location: Seattle (From Spokane)
Update:
It has been confirmed that Bradley has an interview lined up with the Jaguars, after the Eagles interview.

_________________
Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:
Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:27 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6370
Cancelling Bruce Arian's interview has to be pretty telling


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:27 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 11163
Location: Antioch, CA
More confirmation. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/14/eagles-will-conduct-second-interview-with-gus-bradley-on-tuesday/

I laughed out loud at the top comment on there.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
Posts: 1399
Location: Seattle (From Spokane)
HawkFan72 wrote:

LOL, same here!

_________________
Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:
Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:46 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
Posts: 1399
Location: Seattle (From Spokane)
Check this out:
"Jeff Lurie being aggressive getting Gus Bradley to come in from Seattle for second interview. Sent plane to Seattle"

_________________
Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:
Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:48 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:11 pm
Posts: 2345
razgriz737 wrote:
Update from Jay Glazer:
"Eagles are bringing Seattle DC Gus Bradley in for a second interview tomorrow."


Maybe it's to ask him why he called that ridiculous soft zone at the end of the game.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
Posts: 1399
Location: Seattle (From Spokane)
Nothing is confirmed yet, but more twitter sources are saying the Gus is the favorite for the job.

_________________
Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:
Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:16 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am
Posts: 569
As Simon use to say, "Hop on the bus, Gus, don't need to discuss much. Just drop off the key Darryll and set yourself free." Or something like that.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:24 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm
Posts: 1594
I hope he gets the job.

Im still pissed that we've got the best press/man coverage corners in the game and Bradley is calling for prevent zone coverage with a one point lead.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:36 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5208
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
HansGruber wrote:
I hope he gets the job.

Im still pissed that we've got the best press/man coverage corners in the game and Bradley is calling for prevent zone coverage with a one point lead.


The best secondary but the shittiest D-line....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:44 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:28 pm
Posts: 5301
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
I don't even think he's that great of a coordinator. He's going to be in over his head as a head coach. This will end badly for Gus.

I really think most of our defensive success has been due to pete and john drafting excellent players and bringing a creative scheme to the table. If anything I think Bradley has held back a very talented defense by refusing to blitz till it's too late.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:12 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 11:18 am
Posts: 380
The philadelphia fans will eat him up....

_________________
"I didn't do anything...i just headbutted him!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:19 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:13 am
Posts: 655
Location: Ballard
Good for him.

Great for Philly.... unless they're ahead by a score in the last minute.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:23 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:04 pm
Posts: 1855
bellingerga wrote:
I don't even think he's that great of a coordinator. He's going to be in over his head as a head coach. This will end badly for Gus.

I really think most of our defensive success has been due to pete and john drafting excellent players and bringing a creative scheme to the table. If anything I think Bradley has held back a very talented defense by refusing to blitz till it's too late.


I just hope we're able to win a Super Bowl or two before he gets canned and comes crawling back.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:57 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:52 am
Posts: 384
Location: Memphis (Displaced Seattleite)
Promotion or not...but you gotta have a little crazy in you to want to HC in Philly, NYC, or Boston in ANY sport.

Wonder if part of the compensation package includes a suit of armor, a case of Jack Daniels, and a personal bodyguard...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:20 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:33 pm
Posts: 117
Location: France
Doug Baldwin just tweeted this :

"Gus Bradley would make an amazing head coach. His half time speech on Sunday to the defense was inspiring to us all. I wish him success!"


Sure Bradley was not as awesome as some DC in this league in term of plays calling but we were not in the locker-room and at VMAC during this season. We do not now is psychological impact and is relation with our players...

I'm not worried about replacing Gus, especially with a guy like PC as HC but I'm just sayin it's never a good news when a coach is leaving a team who is working well with him.

Please Pete, be smart during this offseason, as focused on coaching staff as you'll be on our draft board.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:26 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2447
Anytime you have success you don't want to rock the continuity boat. But I don't think the Hawks are a "system" team (like the Patriots) where losing coordinators or head coaches would spell the end of what makes the team successful.

The main reason the Hawks succeeded this year is talent, on both sides of the ball. Any coordinator would pull a hamstring wanting to come coach this young talented defense or offense. I really don't think we'd skip a beat on either side of the ball if Bevell and/or Bradley left.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:32 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
Posts: 1879
Location: Vancouver, Wa
http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-eag ... -hire-gus/

Here's an article from an Eagles fan pushing for Gus to be hired, but it's actually a really a good read for a Hawks fan who want to know a bit more on Bradley's coaching history.

_________________
I got passion for my Hawks and I ain't afraid to show it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:33 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 307
Location: Vantucky, WA
Eagles fans are growing a woody over the prospect. They're following his flight to the Philly area as we speak.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/to ... ight-info/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:34 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm
Posts: 1378
Coxal wrote:
Doug Baldwin just tweeted this :

"Gus Bradley would make an amazing head coach. His half time speech on Sunday to the defense was inspiring to us all. I wish him success!"


Sure Bradley was not as awesome as some DC in this league in term of plays calling but we were not in the locker-room and at VMAC during this season. We do not now is psychological impact and is relation with our players...

I'm not worried about replacing Gus, especially with a guy like PC as HC but I'm just sayin it's never a good news when a coach is leaving a team who is working well with him.

Please Pete, be smart during this offseason, as focused on coaching staff as you'll be on our draft board.


I agree with you on this. Which is why I believe that the DC will be someone the players trust and respect. It will be another example to them that if you work hard and produce results with this organization, you will be rewarded.

_________________
Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:46 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6370
That was a nice article on Bradley...almost makes you want to keep him here. Almost.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:04 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
Posts: 1879
Location: Vancouver, Wa
I'll go on record as saying I'd like to keep Gus as DC. The players love him and play as a team under him, all the while getting younger over the last couple years AND dramatically improving.

Have they been perfect? No. But they've been heading in the right direction. I think one more year of offseason player acquisitions would set this defense up to be something really special and having a coordinator who already knows his players weakness and strengths helps keep this team moving forward.

_________________
I got passion for my Hawks and I ain't afraid to show it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:30 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8855
Location: Covington, Washington
Saw this tweet from 2 hrs ago. Kevin is a former NFL player currently doing broadcast for SDSU. Take it as you will

Quote:
Kevin O'Connell ‏@KevOC7

Candidates are also being told Seattle DC Gus Bradley has accepted the Philly Eagles job as well. 2nd interview turned into contract talk


Now how does that jibe with the reports the he and Bevell both are interviewing tomorrow for Jacksonville? Not sure. I have seen a couple of these false reports in the past few weeks so until the team announces it, just more fodder for the heap.

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:38 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am
Posts: 2794
Mandu wrote:
Eagles fans are growing a woody over the prospect. They're following his flight to the Philly area as we speak.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/to ... ight-info/


I was reading the comments on their SB nation blog, and it was similar. Apparently Bradley scouted and drafted our entire secondary, single handedly turned Clemons into a pro-bowl caliber player, invented the current Seahawks defensive scheme, can easily find all-pro cornerbacks in the sixth and seventh round, and could create a top 5 defense using only third string players from a community college cricket team.

_________________
I hate Tim Ruskell.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:01 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am
Posts: 2869
Trrrroy wrote:
Mandu wrote:
Eagles fans are growing a woody over the prospect. They're following his flight to the Philly area as we speak.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/to ... ight-info/


I was reading the comments on their SB nation blog, and it was similar. Apparently Bradley scouted and drafted our entire secondary, single handedly turned Clemons into a pro-bowl caliber player, invented the current Seahawks defensive scheme, can easily find all-pro cornerbacks in the sixth and seventh round, and could create a top 5 defense using only third string players from a community college cricket team.


Lol. Is that really what they think?

I don't think we will miss him at all (not saying that means he will not be a good HC). We have plenty from within that can keep the message strong. Norton or Richards comes to mind. Either way, I think we all know Pete (with help from JS) is the mastermind of the D as it is today.


Last edited by Coug_Hawk08 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:05 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1363
We can continue to have turn over at coordinator..as long as we have Pete and JS, we'll be just fine.

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:34 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm
Posts: 1378
lukerguy wrote:
We can continue to have turn over at coordinator..as long as we have Pete and JS, we'll be just fine.


Even John Schneider agrees with you and said as much today during his interview on Sirius. As long as Pete is around, this team can withstand coaches wanting to explore better opportunities in their coaching career.

_________________
Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:48 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm
Posts: 1644
Gus Bradley = Nick Holt


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 1745
One thing Bradley could do well was teach and with a young team that is a valuable asset, we plugged in how many young guys on defense and had them producing well, many teams would kill for that.

_________________
NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:08 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11083
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
We'll just get Dan Quinn. People probably won't even notice that he's not Gus...
Image Image

Hell, people will still think Todd Wash is the DC...

Image

HAIR!? We don't need no goddamn HAIR! Hair is meant for goatees ONLY!

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:45 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am
Posts: 2794
Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
Trrrroy wrote:
I was reading the comments on their SB nation blog, and it was similar. Apparently Bradley scouted and drafted our entire secondary, single handedly turned Clemons into a pro-bowl caliber player, invented the current Seahawks defensive scheme, can easily find all-pro cornerbacks in the sixth and seventh round, and could create a top 5 defense using only third string players from a community college cricket team.


Lol. Is that really what they think?

I don't think we will miss him at all (not saying that means he will not be a good HC). We have plenty from within that can keep the message strong. Norton or Richards comes to mind. Either way, I think we all know Pete (with help from JS) is the mastermind of the D as it is today.


It's not far off from what they think based on their comments. Here's a few:

A reply to a poster asking if Bradley, Lovie Smith and Kiffin all run the same scheme:
Quote:
All three incorporate the Tampa 2 scheme in some way, although Bradley has made his own hybrid spin on the scheme.

Yeah, Bradley made the hybrid spin, Carroll had nothing to do with it. :roll:

Regarding who they should take in the draft:
Quote:
Damontre Moore or Star Lotulelei Should be targeted at #4 if Gus is hired. Jarvis Jones would be perfect if not for the neck problem. We also need bigger DBs all around, but he’s been able to find those in latter rounds.

Apparently they think Bradley is in charge of our drafts.


Regarding their overrated corners:
Quote:
He’d figure out a way to make Nhamdi or Cromartie to there potential, both are above average size corners

That one gave me a chuckle.

And that was only a few minutes of looking. Fortunately, more educated fans chimed in for all but one of those.

_________________
I hate Tim Ruskell.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:14 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:29 pm
Posts: 1181
I agree they should have pressed instead of soft zone blitz, but I put the loss more on personnel on the field than the calls themselves. I don't think those calls define Bradley. He's had more good games than bad. Keeping Brady from coming back, keeping Rodgers from scoring too many points, making Kaepernick look bad, etc etc. We were the top scoring Defense in the league this season

That final drive, they started with good field position, thanks to Fed Ex field injuring our kicker. Then Winston Guy was late on the Blitz. Trufant couldnt' get home on the second blitz. Wagner was unable to cover Gonzales. The rest is history.

More details on that drive here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... vs-falcons

It's easy to blame the coordinators but you have to look at their overall body of work and Bradley is not as bad we make it seem. In most cases, it comes down to execution and personnel. I think he can learn from the mistakes but overall he's a good coach and would rather retain him unless someone else much better comes along.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:58 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm
Posts: 2977
hoxrox wrote:
I agree they should have pressed instead of soft zone blitz, but I put the loss more on personnel on the field than the calls themselves. I don't think those calls define Bradley. He's had more good games than bad. Keeping Brady from coming back, keeping Rodgers from scoring too many points, making Kaepernick look bad, etc etc. We were the top scoring Defense in the league this season

That final drive, they started with good field position, thanks to Fed Ex field injuring our kicker. Then Winston Guy was late on the Blitz. Trufant couldnt' get home on the second blitz. Wagner was unable to cover Gonzales. The rest is history.

More details on that drive here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... vs-falcons

It's easy to blame the coordinators but you have to look at their overall body of work and Bradley is not as bad we make it seem. In most cases, it comes down to execution and personnel. I think he can learn from the mistakes but overall he's a good coach and would rather retain him unless someone else much better comes along.


I'm surprised Winston Guy isn't attracting criticism. He began the season as a central character in the early Arizona loss. He appeared in 4 games that produced 3 losses ..... and he had a hand in all those losses.

I sure hope Guy finds a way to contribute between now and opening day 2013. His rookie year was ugly.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:04 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 11163
Location: Antioch, CA
Jville wrote:
hoxrox wrote:
I agree they should have pressed instead of soft zone blitz, but I put the loss more on personnel on the field than the calls themselves. I don't think those calls define Bradley. He's had more good games than bad. Keeping Brady from coming back, keeping Rodgers from scoring too many points, making Kaepernick look bad, etc etc. We were the top scoring Defense in the league this season

That final drive, they started with good field position, thanks to Fed Ex field injuring our kicker. Then Winston Guy was late on the Blitz. Trufant couldnt' get home on the second blitz. Wagner was unable to cover Gonzales. The rest is history.

More details on that drive here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... vs-falcons

It's easy to blame the coordinators but you have to look at their overall body of work and Bradley is not as bad we make it seem. In most cases, it comes down to execution and personnel. I think he can learn from the mistakes but overall he's a good coach and would rather retain him unless someone else much better comes along.


I'm surprised Winston Guy isn't attracting criticism. He began the season as a central character in the early Arizona loss. He appeared in 4 games that produced 3 losses ..... and he had a hand in all those losses.

I sure hope Guy finds a way to contribute between now and opening day 2013. His rookie year was ugly.


I agree Guy played terrible. It seemed that on almost every big 1st down catch, Guy was the guy who got beat. I noticed because I saw the dreads and was surprised Sherman was getting beat so bad. Then I realized it was #27.

Where was Jeron Johnson? He seemed to play great all year, and then in the playoff game he is replaced by Guy, who has been out most of the year? I did not understand that at all.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:25 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 2271
Sgt. Largent wrote:
Anytime you have success you don't want to rock the continuity boat. But I don't think the Hawks are a "system" team (like the Patriots) where losing coordinators or head coaches would spell the end of what makes the team successful.

The main reason the Hawks succeeded this year is talent, on both sides of the ball. Any coordinator would pull a hamstring wanting to come coach this young talented defense or offense. I really don't think we'd skip a beat on either side of the ball if Bevell and/or Bradley left.


I agree and disagree. IMO losing Bevell would be bad for the growth of this offense. Because then we'd have RW having to learn a NEW offense for the 3rd year in a row (including college).

What I don't quite understand is why doesn't coaches hire a coach and make the coach learn their current verbiage instead of having the entire team learn a whole new "language." Meaning I'd like to see us keep the same verbiage and framework and bring in someone who can expand or add his style to the current system, as opposed to just learning an entire new system from scratch.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:21 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:21 pm
Posts: 108
I guess I would like to keep both coaches but you can't really blame them if they get a chance to move up to bigger and better things. I just hope that if we get a new guy he can be plugged into us rather than start over from scratch. We are definitely not in scratch mode we just need a few pieces and we are looking pretty good. I like the idea of our own guys moving up on defense and make the new coach be under them. I guess we'll see.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BASF, CurryStopstheRuns, Google [Bot], grizbob, Jayburd14, Kooshster, sedrohawk, seedhawk, Yahoo [Bot] and 92 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.