Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

  • Coxal wrote:Doug Baldwin just tweeted this :

    "Gus Bradley would make an amazing head coach. His half time speech on Sunday to the defense was inspiring to us all. I wish him success!"


    Sure Bradley was not as awesome as some DC in this league in term of plays calling but we were not in the locker-room and at VMAC during this season. We do not now is psychological impact and is relation with our players...

    I'm not worried about replacing Gus, especially with a guy like PC as HC but I'm just sayin it's never a good news when a coach is leaving a team who is working well with him.

    Please Pete, be smart during this offseason, as focused on coaching staff as you'll be on our draft board.


    I agree with you on this. Which is why I believe that the DC will be someone the players trust and respect. It will be another example to them that if you work hard and produce results with this organization, you will be rewarded.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    User avatar
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1417
    Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm


  • That was a nice article on Bradley...almost makes you want to keep him here. Almost.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7205
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • I'll go on record as saying I'd like to keep Gus as DC. The players love him and play as a team under him, all the while getting younger over the last couple years AND dramatically improving.

    Have they been perfect? No. But they've been heading in the right direction. I think one more year of offseason player acquisitions would set this defense up to be something really special and having a coordinator who already knows his players weakness and strengths helps keep this team moving forward.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    User avatar
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2095
    Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
    Location: Vancouver, Wa


  • Saw this tweet from 2 hrs ago. Kevin is a former NFL player currently doing broadcast for SDSU. Take it as you will

    Kevin O'Connell ‏@KevOC7

    Candidates are also being told Seattle DC Gus Bradley has accepted the Philly Eagles job as well. 2nd interview turned into contract talk


    Now how does that jibe with the reports the he and Bevell both are interviewing tomorrow for Jacksonville? Not sure. I have seen a couple of these false reports in the past few weeks so until the team announces it, just more fodder for the heap.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9332
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


  • Mandu wrote:Eagles fans are growing a woody over the prospect. They're following his flight to the Philly area as we speak.

    http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/to ... ight-info/


    I was reading the comments on their SB nation blog, and it was similar. Apparently Bradley scouted and drafted our entire secondary, single handedly turned Clemons into a pro-bowl caliber player, invented the current Seahawks defensive scheme, can easily find all-pro cornerbacks in the sixth and seventh round, and could create a top 5 defense using only third string players from a community college cricket team.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    User avatar
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2867
    Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am


  • Trrrroy wrote:
    Mandu wrote:Eagles fans are growing a woody over the prospect. They're following his flight to the Philly area as we speak.

    http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/to ... ight-info/


    I was reading the comments on their SB nation blog, and it was similar. Apparently Bradley scouted and drafted our entire secondary, single handedly turned Clemons into a pro-bowl caliber player, invented the current Seahawks defensive scheme, can easily find all-pro cornerbacks in the sixth and seventh round, and could create a top 5 defense using only third string players from a community college cricket team.


    Lol. Is that really what they think?

    I don't think we will miss him at all (not saying that means he will not be a good HC). We have plenty from within that can keep the message strong. Norton or Richards comes to mind. Either way, I think we all know Pete (with help from JS) is the mastermind of the D as it is today.
    Last edited by Coug_Hawk08 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2957
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am


  • We can continue to have turn over at coordinator..as long as we have Pete and JS, we'll be just fine.
    Image

    "We all we got, we all we need"
    User avatar
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1462
    Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm


  • lukerguy wrote:We can continue to have turn over at coordinator..as long as we have Pete and JS, we'll be just fine.


    Even John Schneider agrees with you and said as much today during his interview on Sirius. As long as Pete is around, this team can withstand coaches wanting to explore better opportunities in their coaching career.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    User avatar
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1417
    Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm


  • Gus Bradley = Nick Holt
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

    - Barbie from Toy Story 3
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2491
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


  • One thing Bradley could do well was teach and with a young team that is a valuable asset, we plugged in how many young guys on defense and had them producing well, many teams would kill for that.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    User avatar
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1797
    Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm


  • We'll just get Dan Quinn. People probably won't even notice that he's not Gus...
    Image Image

    Hell, people will still think Todd Wash is the DC...

    Image

    HAIR!? We don't need no goddamn HAIR! Hair is meant for goatees ONLY!
    WAR BEAVER!!
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11435
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:I was reading the comments on their SB nation blog, and it was similar. Apparently Bradley scouted and drafted our entire secondary, single handedly turned Clemons into a pro-bowl caliber player, invented the current Seahawks defensive scheme, can easily find all-pro cornerbacks in the sixth and seventh round, and could create a top 5 defense using only third string players from a community college cricket team.


    Lol. Is that really what they think?

    I don't think we will miss him at all (not saying that means he will not be a good HC). We have plenty from within that can keep the message strong. Norton or Richards comes to mind. Either way, I think we all know Pete (with help from JS) is the mastermind of the D as it is today.


    It's not far off from what they think based on their comments. Here's a few:

    A reply to a poster asking if Bradley, Lovie Smith and Kiffin all run the same scheme:
    All three incorporate the Tampa 2 scheme in some way, although Bradley has made his own hybrid spin on the scheme.

    Yeah, Bradley made the hybrid spin, Carroll had nothing to do with it. :roll:

    Regarding who they should take in the draft:
    Damontre Moore or Star Lotulelei Should be targeted at #4 if Gus is hired. Jarvis Jones would be perfect if not for the neck problem. We also need bigger DBs all around, but he’s been able to find those in latter rounds.

    Apparently they think Bradley is in charge of our drafts.


    Regarding their overrated corners:
    He’d figure out a way to make Nhamdi or Cromartie to there potential, both are above average size corners

    That one gave me a chuckle.

    And that was only a few minutes of looking. Fortunately, more educated fans chimed in for all but one of those.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    User avatar
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2867
    Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am


  • I agree they should have pressed instead of soft zone blitz, but I put the loss more on personnel on the field than the calls themselves. I don't think those calls define Bradley. He's had more good games than bad. Keeping Brady from coming back, keeping Rodgers from scoring too many points, making Kaepernick look bad, etc etc. We were the top scoring Defense in the league this season

    That final drive, they started with good field position, thanks to Fed Ex field injuring our kicker. Then Winston Guy was late on the Blitz. Trufant couldnt' get home on the second blitz. Wagner was unable to cover Gonzales. The rest is history.

    More details on that drive here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... vs-falcons

    It's easy to blame the coordinators but you have to look at their overall body of work and Bradley is not as bad we make it seem. In most cases, it comes down to execution and personnel. I think he can learn from the mistakes but overall he's a good coach and would rather retain him unless someone else much better comes along.
    User avatar
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1330
    Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:29 pm


  • hoxrox wrote:I agree they should have pressed instead of soft zone blitz, but I put the loss more on personnel on the field than the calls themselves. I don't think those calls define Bradley. He's had more good games than bad. Keeping Brady from coming back, keeping Rodgers from scoring too many points, making Kaepernick look bad, etc etc. We were the top scoring Defense in the league this season

    That final drive, they started with good field position, thanks to Fed Ex field injuring our kicker. Then Winston Guy was late on the Blitz. Trufant couldnt' get home on the second blitz. Wagner was unable to cover Gonzales. The rest is history.

    More details on that drive here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... vs-falcons

    It's easy to blame the coordinators but you have to look at their overall body of work and Bradley is not as bad we make it seem. In most cases, it comes down to execution and personnel. I think he can learn from the mistakes but overall he's a good coach and would rather retain him unless someone else much better comes along.


    I'm surprised Winston Guy isn't attracting criticism. He began the season as a central character in the early Arizona loss. He appeared in 4 games that produced 3 losses ..... and he had a hand in all those losses.

    I sure hope Guy finds a way to contribute between now and opening day 2013. His rookie year was ugly.
    User avatar
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3639
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


  • Jville wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:I agree they should have pressed instead of soft zone blitz, but I put the loss more on personnel on the field than the calls themselves. I don't think those calls define Bradley. He's had more good games than bad. Keeping Brady from coming back, keeping Rodgers from scoring too many points, making Kaepernick look bad, etc etc. We were the top scoring Defense in the league this season

    That final drive, they started with good field position, thanks to Fed Ex field injuring our kicker. Then Winston Guy was late on the Blitz. Trufant couldnt' get home on the second blitz. Wagner was unable to cover Gonzales. The rest is history.

    More details on that drive here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... vs-falcons

    It's easy to blame the coordinators but you have to look at their overall body of work and Bradley is not as bad we make it seem. In most cases, it comes down to execution and personnel. I think he can learn from the mistakes but overall he's a good coach and would rather retain him unless someone else much better comes along.


    I'm surprised Winston Guy isn't attracting criticism. He began the season as a central character in the early Arizona loss. He appeared in 4 games that produced 3 losses ..... and he had a hand in all those losses.

    I sure hope Guy finds a way to contribute between now and opening day 2013. His rookie year was ugly.


    I agree Guy played terrible. It seemed that on almost every big 1st down catch, Guy was the guy who got beat. I noticed because I saw the dreads and was surprised Sherman was getting beat so bad. Then I realized it was #27.

    Where was Jeron Johnson? He seemed to play great all year, and then in the playoff game he is replaced by Guy, who has been out most of the year? I did not understand that at all.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11744
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Anytime you have success you don't want to rock the continuity boat. But I don't think the Hawks are a "system" team (like the Patriots) where losing coordinators or head coaches would spell the end of what makes the team successful.

    The main reason the Hawks succeeded this year is talent, on both sides of the ball. Any coordinator would pull a hamstring wanting to come coach this young talented defense or offense. I really don't think we'd skip a beat on either side of the ball if Bevell and/or Bradley left.


    I agree and disagree. IMO losing Bevell would be bad for the growth of this offense. Because then we'd have RW having to learn a NEW offense for the 3rd year in a row (including college).

    What I don't quite understand is why doesn't coaches hire a coach and make the coach learn their current verbiage instead of having the entire team learn a whole new "language." Meaning I'd like to see us keep the same verbiage and framework and bring in someone who can expand or add his style to the current system, as opposed to just learning an entire new system from scratch.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2427
    Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm


  • I guess I would like to keep both coaches but you can't really blame them if they get a chance to move up to bigger and better things. I just hope that if we get a new guy he can be plugged into us rather than start over from scratch. We are definitely not in scratch mode we just need a few pieces and we are looking pretty good. I like the idea of our own guys moving up on defense and make the new coach be under them. I guess we'll see.
    kujohawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 108
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:21 pm


Previous


It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:15 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information