I just dont know how RW doesnt win ROY

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
I just dont know how RW doesnt win ROY
Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:51 pm
  • I mean I understand why he wont if he doesn't because ROY is based off of pre season hype unfortunately.

    So Luck's argument is that he had the worst team in the league to work with and got them to the playoffs (He did a great job but a big reason they were the worst team last year was because they had Curits Painter at QB)

    RG3 put up some GREAT numbers and if he ends up winning it I won't be too mad.

    But RW had the Seahawks playing at the highest level out of those 3 teams. As he improved throughout the year we drastically improved. He helped Tate have a breakout season when he was pretty much a non factor before.
    BamKam
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 390
    Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:50 pm


  • Griffin has it in the bag but I think a lot of fans will feel like Wilson had the best season and hopefully as the years go by Wilson will establish himself as the best.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    User avatar
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1802
    Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm


  • Hopefully he is MVP of the 2013 season.
    Image

    "We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 8444
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 6 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • AP ROY voting happens after week 17 and before the playoffs. If you are a sports writer and live east of the Mississippi, it likely came as a shock that there was football being played on the west coast. There is no way RW gets this award.
    canfan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 149
    Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:11 pm


  • Aros wrote:Hopefully he is MVP of the 2013 season.

    And the Superbowl MVP as well.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3151
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


  • RG3 had the better year
    -Higher QBR
    -Lead the NFL in yards per pass attemtp AND yards per rush attemtp (When was the last time that happened?)
    -Higher QB Rating
    -Rush yards
    -Rush TD
    -Completion %
    -NFC East Champ

    So he SHOULD win

    That said, RIGHT NOW, RW is the best QB of the three (Luck, RG3 and Wilson) as much as it pains me to say it. The guy is great.
    I also think they should change voting procedures to include playoffs, especially in close races.

    I mean, sometimes it doesnt matter, like with Cam Newton CLEARLY beating Dalton even though Dalton was in the playoffs. Newtons numbers were just insane (4000+ pass yards, 700+ rush yards, 30+ TD's). But in close races like this year, I think exceptions should be made.
    rdskns4eva
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 145
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:25 am


  • http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... rk-on-2013

    That's why he should win, he was unable to speak to the media today due to the fact he was watching film, hero.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

    "Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

    "When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    User avatar
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 697
    Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:40 am
    Location: Ireland!


  • RG3 had the better statistical year in just about every way except for TD passes.

    I won't be mad at all if he wins it.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12236
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


  • It's very simple. RG3 is on a major east coast team, and voting ended before the playoffs.

    Guys, you need to temper your expectations. RG3 is going to be announced as the offensive rookie of the year. If we're lucky, the vote will be evenly split and Wilson gets half.


    HawkFan72 wrote:RG3 had the better statistical year in just about every way except for TD passes.

    I won't be mad at all if he wins it.

    I will be. Smart football people realize that half of RG3's yards were from screen passes and shovels to running backs. When that's considered "respectable passing" in this league, gimme a call.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26928
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • HawkFan72 wrote:RG3 had the better statistical year in just about every way except for TD passes.

    I won't be mad at all if he wins it.


    This. I wont be mad RG3 had a great year. Just another chip on Wilson's shoulder.
    Image
    sig by Ramster
    User avatar
    The Battle #83
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 328
    Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:42 pm
    Location: Rival Country


  • rdskns4eva wrote:-NFC East Champ



    LOL you say that like it's supposed to be impressive. One of the weakest divisions in the league and Seattle would be 13-3 if they played there this year.
    TJH
    *NET #1 Sherman Fan*
     
    Posts: 646
    Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:14 pm


  • RolandDeschain wrote:It's very simple. RG3 is on a major east coast team, and voting ended before the playoffs.

    Guys, you need to temper your expectations. RG3 is going to be announced as the offensive rookie of the year. If we're lucky, the vote will be evenly split and Wilson gets half.


    HawkFan72 wrote:RG3 had the better statistical year in just about every way except for TD passes.

    I won't be mad at all if he wins it.

    I will be. Smart football people realize that half of RG3's yards were from screen passes and shovels to running backs. When that's considered "respectable passing" in this league, gimme a call.


    HA, you should go talk to Tom Brady. He leads the NFL in short passes. ALso, RG3 ran one shovel pass this year and our running backs this year were pretty much non existent n the passing game.
    rdskns4eva
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 145
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:25 am


  • TJH wrote:
    rdskns4eva wrote:-NFC East Champ



    LOL you say that like it's supposed to be impressive. One of the weakest divisions in the league and Seattle would be 13-3 if they played there this year.


    Anytime any rookie wins his dicision it's impressive. Let's not downplay accomplishments.
    rdskns4eva
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 145
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:25 am


  • I think RGIII should win it as well, he had an amazing season start to finish. I'd also say I'm happier we have RW as he will be better and last longer, and that has nothing to do with the super value we got him for in contrast to the ransom the Skins paid.

    But RW does have a shot... East Coast voters oblivious to Southern Alaska Football may have split their vote enough between RGIII and volume passer Luck owning the biggest turnaround to team record; leaving RW with the west coast and objective votes.

    Sorry Skin fans, RGIII is going to be a flash in the pan guy, enjoy your ROY award because RW is going to wear a couple rings by career end.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent fails to hard work"
    User avatar
    CHawks4L
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 269
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:01 am
    Location: Gig Harbor, WA


  • CHawks4L wrote:I think RGIII should win it as well, he had an amazing season start to finish. I'd also say I'm happier we have RW as he will be better and last longer, and that has nothing to do with the super value we got him for in contrast to the ransom the Skins paid.

    But RW does have a shot... East Coast voters oblivious to Southern Alaska Football may have split their vote enough between RGIII and volume passer Luck owning the biggest turnaround to team record; leaving RW with the west coast and objective votes.

    Sorry Skin fans, RGIII is going to be a flash in the pan guy, enjoy your ROY award because RW is going to wear a couple rings by career end.


    Yea, I agree with this. I HOPE RG3 can last, but he is just to reckless when he runs and he doesnt throw the ball away until a guy is ontop of him about to pop him. Injuries are a big time concern. He is a smart quarterback but he isnt a smart runner (at least not RW smart.) and his body size cant take the hits. EVen though RW is smaller than RG3, he looks like he is stocky and can take a hit more than RG3. Not saying RG3 isnt tough...That guy is INSANELY tough. But being a tough and taking a hit are two different things.

    Dont know about the Superbowl thing. I think RG3 can win IF HE CAN STAY HEALTHY. But RW is ahead of the curve here because he clearly has the superior team around him.

    But if we are talking about this year, then yes, from game 1 RG3 was balling whereas RW didt start coming into his own until about week 6 or 7.
    rdskns4eva
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 145
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:25 am


  • Is there a description of the award? Obviously Wilson had a slow start which led to worse stats, but I would argue finished the best. Right now he is the best player because of the intangibles. So if you want to give it to the best player give it to Wilson...if you want to give it to the player with the best stats for the year give it to RGIII.
    User avatar
    salamander
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 185
    Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:29 pm


  • I hope RW doesn't get it. Leaves him hungrier for even more. He has the ability to become an amazing Qb.
    **ME LONG YOU LOVE TIME**
    Seattle_Stunna_MD
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 296
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:03 am
    Location: MD


  • salamander wrote:Is there a description of the award? Obviously Wilson had a slow start which led to worse stats, but I would argue finished the best. Right now he is the best player because of the intangibles. So if you want to give it to the best player give it to Wilson...if you want to give it to the player with the best stats for the year give it to RGIII.


    The award is for the best player over the couse of a year. Not the best player over the course of 8 games.

    Prior to week 6, this was a two horse race. No one was even mentioning RW until he beat the Pats and even after that, he lost two games in a row, including one where he was 9 for 23. His rookie of the year campaign really began after he beat the Vikings in week 9. Thats when he started to get hot.

    If we're talking intangibles, RG3 has that as well...tahts been well documented. RW isnt the only leader in the NFL lol.
    rdskns4eva
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 145
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:25 am


  • rdskns4eva wrote:
    salamander wrote:Is there a description of the award? Obviously Wilson had a slow start which led to worse stats, but I would argue finished the best. Right now he is the best player because of the intangibles. So if you want to give it to the best player give it to Wilson...if you want to give it to the player with the best stats for the year give it to RGIII.


    The award is for the best player over the couse of a year. Not the best player over the course of 8 games.

    Prior to week 6, this was a two horse race. No one was even mentioning RW until he beat the Pats and even after that, he lost two games in a row, including one where he was 9 for 23. His rookie of the year campaign really began after he beat the Vikings in week 9. Thats when he started to get hot.

    If we're talking intangibles, RG3 has that as well...tahts been well documented. RW isnt the only leader in the NFL lol.


    you have to admit that being in the NFL's darling NFC East doesn't hurt. and in those first 8 games we were 4-4 while your team was 3-5. We still finished better in the regular season and post season.
    Image
    sig by Ramster
    User avatar
    The Battle #83
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 328
    Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:42 pm
    Location: Rival Country


  • No point in skins fans debating hawks fans about ROY. Seriously, we both want our guy and will justify it any way we can, and we'll be right. None of us have a say.

    The entire world knows Russell is special and Robert is injured but only voters get a vote. Let it play out. No matter what happens, neither side would trade their guy for the other. Lets just be happy.
    Image
    User avatar
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3006
    Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:09 am
    Location: Omaha, NE


  • Wilson comes out well ahead in stats that factor strength of defense. He won't win though. RG3 might, but my money is on Luck. The media is full of simpletons. On that note, Grigson will get exec of the year too.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 11570
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


  • Russel had the toughest schedule and came out with the best record with a post season win, its a no brainer

    just remember the individuals deciding spent their entire careers beating their brains out on the field so just like it shows in their commentary and jouranlism it will prolly show in their voting as well...
    GO HAWKS!!!
    User avatar
    Twisted
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 pm


  • The Battle #83 wrote:
    rdskns4eva wrote:
    salamander wrote:Is there a description of the award? Obviously Wilson had a slow start which led to worse stats, but I would argue finished the best. Right now he is the best player because of the intangibles. So if you want to give it to the best player give it to Wilson...if you want to give it to the player with the best stats for the year give it to RGIII.


    The award is for the best player over the couse of a year. Not the best player over the course of 8 games.

    Prior to week 6, this was a two horse race. No one was even mentioning RW until he beat the Pats and even after that, he lost two games in a row, including one where he was 9 for 23. His rookie of the year campaign really began after he beat the Vikings in week 9. Thats when he started to get hot.

    If we're talking intangibles, RG3 has that as well...tahts been well documented. RW isnt the only leader in the NFL lol.


    you have to admit that being in the NFL's darling NFC East doesn't hurt. and in those first 8 games we were 4-4 while your team was 3-5. We still finished better in the regular season and post season.


    Sure, big time. I've said many times that the NFC east is the most popular division in the NFL. RG3 has alot of things going for him.

    -Plays in a major football town
    -Plays in the NFC east
    -Beat the most popular/hated team in the NFL twice on prime time TV, including thanksgiving (Cowboys)

    RG3 does have more media exposure than RW, just because of the team he is on and the Division he plays in. It's sad, but teams in the NFC East can be 8-8 and be on prime time TV like 3 times a year. Teams in the west need to be GREAT just have a shot at one prime time game worth talking about.
    rdskns4eva
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 145
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:25 am


  • I bet Luck gets it. Its just the vibe I get from the talking heads, plus if you use Clayton as your "plugged-in" expert, he favors Luck. RGIII will get consideration because he performed well across the whole season. Wilson not being set free until mid-way in the season is most likely going to hold him back.

    Many folks thought Wilson was just a running QB and didn't really get to see how much damage he could do from the pocket. Sando produced numbers to show that a huge percentage of Wilson's work was done in the pocket but that wasn't the perception some had of him.

    But since we don't have a game to debate, until it is announced there is not much else to discuss.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9459
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington




It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information