Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: I just dont know how RW doesnt win ROY
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:51 pm 
NET Starter

I mean I understand why he wont if he doesn't because ROY is based off of pre season hype unfortunately.

So Luck's argument is that he had the worst team in the league to work with and got them to the playoffs (He did a great job but a big reason they were the worst team last year was because they had Curits Painter at QB)

RG3 put up some GREAT numbers and if he ends up winning it I won't be too mad.

But RW had the Seahawks playing at the highest level out of those 3 teams. As he improved throughout the year we drastically improved. He helped Tate have a breakout season when he was pretty much a non factor before.

Post subject: Re: I just dont know how RW doesnt win ROY
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:54 pm 
NET Veteran

Griffin has it in the bag but I think a lot of fans will feel like Wilson had the best season and hopefully as the years go by Wilson will establish himself as the best.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:55 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

Hopefully he is MVP of the 2013 season.

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:07 pm 
NET Rookie

AP ROY voting happens after week 17 and before the playoffs. If you are a sports writer and live east of the Mississippi, it likely came as a shock that there was football being played on the west coast. There is no way RW gets this award.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:19 pm 
NET Veteran

Aros wrote:
Hopefully he is MVP of the 2013 season.

And the Superbowl MVP as well.

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:40 pm 
NET Rookie

RG3 had the better year
-Higher QBR
-Lead the NFL in yards per pass attemtp AND yards per rush attemtp (When was the last time that happened?)
-Higher QB Rating
-Rush yards
-Rush TD
-Completion %
-NFC East Champ

So he SHOULD win

That said, RIGHT NOW, RW is the best QB of the three (Luck, RG3 and Wilson) as much as it pains me to say it. The guy is great.
I also think they should change voting procedures to include playoffs, especially in close races.

I mean, sometimes it doesnt matter, like with Cam Newton CLEARLY beating Dalton even though Dalton was in the playoffs. Newtons numbers were just insane (4000+ pass yards, 700+ rush yards, 30+ TD's). But in close races like this year, I think exceptions should be made.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:41 pm 
NET Veteran

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... rk-on-2013

That's why he should win, he was unable to speak to the media today due to the fact he was watching film, hero.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:11 pm 
NET Pro Bowler

RG3 had the better statistical year in just about every way except for TD passes.

I won't be mad at all if he wins it.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:16 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

It's very simple. RG3 is on a major east coast team, and voting ended before the playoffs.

Guys, you need to temper your expectations. RG3 is going to be announced as the offensive rookie of the year. If we're lucky, the vote will be evenly split and Wilson gets half.

HawkFan72 wrote:
RG3 had the better statistical year in just about every way except for TD passes.

I will be. Smart football people realize that half of RG3's yards were from screen passes and shovels to running backs. When that's considered "respectable passing" in this league, gimme a call.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:18 pm 
NET Rookie

HawkFan72 wrote:

This. I wont be mad RG3 had a great year. Just another chip on Wilson's shoulder.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:22 pm 
*NET #1 Sherman Fan*

rdskns4eva wrote:
-NFC East Champ

LOL you say that like it's supposed to be impressive. One of the weakest divisions in the league and Seattle would be 13-3 if they played there this year.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:22 pm 
NET Rookie

RolandDeschain wrote:
It's very simple. RG3 is on a major east coast team, and voting ended before the playoffs.

Guys, you need to temper your expectations. RG3 is going to be announced as the offensive rookie of the year. If we're lucky, the vote will be evenly split and Wilson gets half.

HawkFan72 wrote:

I will be. Smart football people realize that half of RG3's yards were from screen passes and shovels to running backs. When that's considered "respectable passing" in this league, gimme a call.

HA, you should go talk to Tom Brady. He leads the NFL in short passes. ALso, RG3 ran one shovel pass this year and our running backs this year were pretty much non existent n the passing game.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:25 pm 
NET Rookie

TJH wrote:
rdskns4eva wrote:
-NFC East Champ

LOL you say that like it's supposed to be impressive. One of the weakest divisions in the league and Seattle would be 13-3 if they played there this year.

Anytime any rookie wins his dicision it's impressive. Let's not downplay accomplishments.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:33 pm 
NET Rookie

I think RGIII should win it as well, he had an amazing season start to finish. I'd also say I'm happier we have RW as he will be better and last longer, and that has nothing to do with the super value we got him for in contrast to the ransom the Skins paid.

But RW does have a shot... East Coast voters oblivious to Southern Alaska Football may have split their vote enough between RGIII and volume passer Luck owning the biggest turnaround to team record; leaving RW with the west coast and objective votes.

Sorry Skin fans, RGIII is going to be a flash in the pan guy, enjoy your ROY award because RW is going to wear a couple rings by career end.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:41 pm 
NET Rookie

CHawks4L wrote:
I think RGIII should win it as well, he had an amazing season start to finish. I'd also say I'm happier we have RW as he will be better and last longer, and that has nothing to do with the super value we got him for in contrast to the ransom the Skins paid.

But RW does have a shot... East Coast voters oblivious to Southern Alaska Football may have split their vote enough between RGIII and volume passer Luck owning the biggest turnaround to team record; leaving RW with the west coast and objective votes.

Sorry Skin fans, RGIII is going to be a flash in the pan guy, enjoy your ROY award because RW is going to wear a couple rings by career end.

Yea, I agree with this. I HOPE RG3 can last, but he is just to reckless when he runs and he doesnt throw the ball away until a guy is ontop of him about to pop him. Injuries are a big time concern. He is a smart quarterback but he isnt a smart runner (at least not RW smart.) and his body size cant take the hits. EVen though RW is smaller than RG3, he looks like he is stocky and can take a hit more than RG3. Not saying RG3 isnt tough...That guy is INSANELY tough. But being a tough and taking a hit are two different things.

Dont know about the Superbowl thing. I think RG3 can win IF HE CAN STAY HEALTHY. But RW is ahead of the curve here because he clearly has the superior team around him.

But if we are talking about this year, then yes, from game 1 RG3 was balling whereas RW didt start coming into his own until about week 6 or 7.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:19 pm 
NET Rookie

Is there a description of the award? Obviously Wilson had a slow start which led to worse stats, but I would argue finished the best. Right now he is the best player because of the intangibles. So if you want to give it to the best player give it to Wilson...if you want to give it to the player with the best stats for the year give it to RGIII.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:24 pm 
NET Rookie

I hope RW doesn't get it. Leaves him hungrier for even more. He has the ability to become an amazing Qb.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:32 pm 
NET Rookie

salamander wrote:
Is there a description of the award? Obviously Wilson had a slow start which led to worse stats, but I would argue finished the best. Right now he is the best player because of the intangibles. So if you want to give it to the best player give it to Wilson...if you want to give it to the player with the best stats for the year give it to RGIII.

The award is for the best player over the couse of a year. Not the best player over the course of 8 games.

Prior to week 6, this was a two horse race. No one was even mentioning RW until he beat the Pats and even after that, he lost two games in a row, including one where he was 9 for 23. His rookie of the year campaign really began after he beat the Vikings in week 9. Thats when he started to get hot.

If we're talking intangibles, RG3 has that as well...tahts been well documented. RW isnt the only leader in the NFL lol.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:45 pm 
NET Rookie

rdskns4eva wrote:
salamander wrote:

The award is for the best player over the couse of a year. Not the best player over the course of 8 games.

Prior to week 6, this was a two horse race. No one was even mentioning RW until he beat the Pats and even after that, he lost two games in a row, including one where he was 9 for 23. His rookie of the year campaign really began after he beat the Vikings in week 9. Thats when he started to get hot.

If we're talking intangibles, RG3 has that as well...tahts been well documented. RW isnt the only leader in the NFL lol.

you have to admit that being in the NFL's darling NFC East doesn't hurt. and in those first 8 games we were 4-4 while your team was 3-5. We still finished better in the regular season and post season.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:50 pm 
NET Veteran

No point in skins fans debating hawks fans about ROY. Seriously, we both want our guy and will justify it any way we can, and we'll be right. None of us have a say.

The entire world knows Russell is special and Robert is injured but only voters get a vote. Let it play out. No matter what happens, neither side would trade their guy for the other. Lets just be happy.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:52 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

Wilson comes out well ahead in stats that factor strength of defense. He won't win though. RG3 might, but my money is on Luck. The media is full of simpletons. On that note, Grigson will get exec of the year too.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:54 pm 
NET Veteran

Russel had the toughest schedule and came out with the best record with a post season win, its a no brainer

just remember the individuals deciding spent their entire careers beating their brains out on the field so just like it shows in their commentary and jouranlism it will prolly show in their voting as well...

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:55 pm 
NET Rookie

The Battle #83 wrote:
rdskns4eva wrote:
salamander wrote:

you have to admit that being in the NFL's darling NFC East doesn't hurt. and in those first 8 games we were 4-4 while your team was 3-5. We still finished better in the regular season and post season.

Sure, big time. I've said many times that the NFC east is the most popular division in the NFL. RG3 has alot of things going for him.

-Plays in a major football town
-Plays in the NFC east
-Beat the most popular/hated team in the NFL twice on prime time TV, including thanksgiving (Cowboys)

RG3 does have more media exposure than RW, just because of the team he is on and the Division he plays in. It's sad, but teams in the NFC East can be 8-8 and be on prime time TV like 3 times a year. Teams in the west need to be GREAT just have a shot at one prime time game worth talking about.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:10 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

I bet Luck gets it. Its just the vibe I get from the talking heads, plus if you use Clayton as your "plugged-in" expert, he favors Luck. RGIII will get consideration because he performed well across the whole season. Wilson not being set free until mid-way in the season is most likely going to hold him back.

Many folks thought Wilson was just a running QB and didn't really get to see how much damage he could do from the pocket. Sando produced numbers to show that a huge percentage of Wilson's work was done in the pocket but that wasn't the perception some had of him.

But since we don't have a game to debate, until it is announced there is not much else to discuss.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]