Why does Scruggs fascinate me?

pehawk

Reaction score
A guy who barely played at Lousville, and had single-digit sack totals...in HIGH SCHOOL...fascinates me.

Its really odd.

I like his tweener measurables and toolbox, I guess? I like the fact his uniqueness can literally backup any spot? Maybe moving Red inside and Scruggs to the Mathis role is a possibility?

Anyone else intrigued by him?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I was really looking forward to him working opposite the LEO yesterday. But, I didn't see much.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I wish we could have seen him on the field a little bit more. It never hurts to have a utility guy on the roster!

Has Pete ever stated why he's on the roster? I'd like to hear his take on what Scruggs brings to the table, and I'm not talking about the BS coaches response. Maybe someone remembers something from the preseason that we can look back on, and use as a reference to how he played this season?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Billecheck referenced him in a press conference, before he ever played if I recall. So, there's something the NFL sees that the staff at Louisville couldn't.

Jville

Reaction score
I'm wondering about the the tool box of the defensive line coach.

I was looking for more in the way of development out of the three rookie draft picks they carried on the roster. I don't see how the position coach can feel all that good about his results for the 2012 season.

Largent80

Reaction score
Scruggs is a rookie backup, Irvin a rookie situational pass rusher, what the hell would you expect?, a miracle?

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
What's our DL coach's name, Wash? Yeah i'd say he's got some 'splainin to do. That was the one main area where we did not improve over last season, save for a few more sacks this year in which we garnered a 1/4 of them in one game (GB)

Scruggs is definately a keeper. I think we all saw what he could possibly bring to the table from our preseason games. The dude was always in the backfield.

I think a head should roll.

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Scruggs too. Seems to have a great off the field personality as well. He has great interviews and I hear he is really down to earth with the fans.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":2i3ipc65 said:
Yeah I don't know if anyone's head should roll after an 11-5 season, but it'd sure be nice to get Dan Quinn back...

Yeah, i didn't mean that wash's head had to roll for sure, but it was an area we didn't really see a whole lot of improvement from. If this is a consern of petes, and we know it is, I could see pete maybe making that call.

Where is Dan Quinn?

seedhawk

Reaction score
Scruggs = Bryant! Big Red was "greener than grass" according to Holmy, and did not mature under Mora. PC shows up, a new definition is placed on an old position and miraculously Red is instantly a main cog. Scruggs just needs a bit more time.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I think Scruggs is going to be great. By great I mean that he has a place in this league. He has too much ability. He got a late start in football, so I expect it will take just a little while for him to blossom. He is going to be a solid rotational guy and has a lot of upside, imo.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":1s4j6qcd said:
CANHawk":1s4j6qcd said:
Yeah I don't know if anyone's head should roll after an 11-5 season, but it'd sure be nice to get Dan Quinn back...

Yeah, i didn't mean that wash's head had to roll for sure, but it was an area we didn't really see a whole lot of improvement from. If this is a consern of petes, and we know it is, I could see pete maybe making that call.

Where is Dan Quinn?

He's heading up the D for the Florida Gators

CANHawk

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":349xcmk6 said:
400WattHPSHawk":349xcmk6 said:
CANHawk":349xcmk6 said:

Where is Dan Quinn?

He's heading up the D for the Florida Gators

Yeah, so he knows our system and knows our guys (mostly) and has been doing his defensive coordinator apprenticeship for the last year. Wasn't Florida like a top 5 defense last year or something? Just hope we can pry him out of there.

But as for the OP, I think Scruggs is an interesting prospect as well. I can see him taking over as the Pass rushing 3-tech full time. He has a very cool skill set.