10 Things We Learned About the Seahawks Yesterday

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
1. Russell Wilson will be an elite NFL quarterback for many years to come.
2. The Seahawks will be confident that they can come from behind in ANY game.
3. Never try to "ice" a kicker at the end of a game.
4. We need a true right guard for next year.
5. Bruce Irvin is not Chris Clemons.... yet.
6. Always take the points when you can on the road. Always.
7. Marshawn at 70% is.... Marshawn at 70%
8. The "soft zone" is a poor defense when the opponent just needs a FG.
9. Zach Miller will have a VERY productive 2013 season.
10. Pete Carroll's clock management may be his biggest liability as a coach.

ariel9302

Reaction score
i agree with #10. that was embarassingly evident last year.
i disagree with #6. if we pick up that first down i believe the complexity of the game changes drastically in our favor, so i have no problem with that decision or ones in the future to come.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Austin Hawk":1pi3c5ny said:
1. Russell Wilson will be an elite NFL quarterback for many years to come.
2. The Seahawks will be confident that they can come from behind in ANY game.
3. Never try to "ice" a kicker at the end of a game.
4. We need a true right guard for next year.
6. Always take the points when you can on the road. Always.
7. Marshawn at 70% is.... Marshawn at 70%
9. Zach Miller will have a VERY productive 2013 season.

please give me specific examples of poor clock management "by the coach" that occurred this year?

Sure in 2010 there were several gaffe's. 2011 a few. I can't remember any clock management issues this year.

Don't give me the sack yesterday that wasn't on the coach, nor was it on the QB. It was entirely on Sweezy. There was no chance to throw the ball away. I'm pretty sure We've had good clock management this year. In the AZ game the clock wasn't an issue. Against DET, MIA the clock wasn't the issue. Yesterday the clock wasn't the issue. SO where do you get this silly notion?

OP
OP
Austin Hawk

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":unp4u0tw said:
Austin Hawk":unp4u0tw said:

please give me specific examples of poor clock management "by the coach" that occurred this year?

Sure in 2010 there were several gaffe's. 2011 a few. I can't remember any clock management issues this year.

Don't give me the sack yesterday that wasn't on the coach, nor was it on the QB. It was entirely on Sweezy. There was no chance to throw the ball away. I'm pretty sure We've had good clock management this year. In the AZ game the clock wasn't an issue. Against DET, MIA the clock wasn't the issue. Yesterday the clock wasn't the issue. SO where do you get this silly notion?

I agree that the sack was not preventable, but I also believe that with better clock management, you should have at least one timeout left in the final 30 seconds of the half if you expect your team to rally. Then, he was late trying to call a timeout on the 3rd and 1 when he clearly wanted to get Marshawn back in the game. I also chalk up his poorly timed "icing the kicker" time out - which should have been called several seconds earlier.

I'm also referring to his days at USC, when he made several memorable time management gaffes, including a few in Sark's first year at UW when the Huskies upset the Trojans.

I'm not trying to be too harsh on Pete, Hell I love the guy and don't want him going anywhere. If anything, the fact that clock management is his biggest deficiency is saying a lot about all the great things he is doing right.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Austin Hawk":332oyoly said:

5. Chris Clemons wasn't Chris Clemons in his first year. It took him changing teams 3 times before he became who he is today. Maybe we can give Irvin some time to learn the rest of his game and become really good for this team and not have to go thru what Clem went thru, so that Irvin, when he blossoms will do so for us, and not some other team.

8. Pete and numerous others of a more official capacity were adamant that we were NOT in a soft zone coverage on those last two plays. So please stop saying so.

Latest posts