Today You Are...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

The Mood that Most Describes Me Today Is...

Depressed
16%
A little sad but excited for our future
56%
Proud
17%
Happy
2%
Upset
4%
Other (read my comment)
5%

Total votes : 171

Today You Are...
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:15 am
  • Fill in the blank...

"We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Today You Are...
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:17 am
  • Nothing but proud. I refuse to embrace the maddening "what ifs". It was an amazing comeback.

You have to build through adversity, just like we did on the way to our dream 2005 season. Hats off to Atlanta for shedding the disappointments of playoffs past. We need to do the same next season. That Falcons offense showed some grit pulling it out at the end.

I hope the team uses this as fuel to earn HFA next season, that is the KEY!
    Last edited by FlyingGreg on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:17 am
  • Skipping work.

And excited for the future. No sadness here.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:18 am
  • I'm very upbeat and optimistic. The loss went quickly from stings to a dull ache as I remembered the wonderful season that preceded it. So, I put proud in the poll.

I expect next season to have a similar vibe as this year, only with the added bonus of more wins. I see no reason to dwell over what's done. Not when the future is so wide open for us. (And don't tell me it's loser talk. The core of this team is set, and it'd be stupid not to enjoy this season for what it was instead of what we wanted it to be.) Yesterday cemented Wilson as the leader of the team, and you just know that next year, there's not going to be any question about his ability or his command of the offense. Teams look up to guys like that: the ones who are always ready to pull you from a crushing defeat.
    Last edited by Sarlacc83 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• I'm a little of all of them but chose option B.

Futures so bright we gotta wear shades... :0190l:
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Had we just been beaten, I'd be fine. But I'm a bit in the dumps because we had the damn game sealed up and, once again, couldn't finish.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:19 am
  • I would combine the Proud/A little sad but excited about the future options. I am a little sad about the game yesterday, but I am damn proud of the way our guys fight back and never gave up. I am also excited to keep the core of this team and go forward with more experience and be a playoff/superbowl contender year in and year out for years to come.

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:19 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Skipping work.

Ha....me too......gonna pour a drink.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:20 am
  • If it's possible to combine A and B I think that's where I stand. I still am pretty upset at how we lost but the idea of Russell Wilson getting a full offseason as our starting quarterback makes next year sound even better.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:22 am
  • pissed at our defense. Hating the fact that DVOA missed tackles and let us down yet again.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Proud as can be. Only sad about missing out on the trash-talking that we would've fulfilled our lives with today and for the duration of the week had we gone on to face our near and dear bay area rivals.
    "The problem with the internet is, that one can never trust the authenticity of a source." - Abraham Lincoln
    Hawker
    NET Rookie

• I went other so I could say proud, sad, irritated, depressed, wistful, melancholic, optimistic, excited, and a little gassy.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:23 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:pissed at our defense. Hating the fact that DVOA missed tackles and let us down yet again.

:mrgreen:

:thfight7:
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:24 am
  • conflicted

and tired so tired
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:27 am
  • Largent80 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Skipping work.

Ha....me too......gonna pour a drink.

:vodka:

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:27 am
  • I can't not be a little bummed after that rally and taking the lead, I thought we had it and could stop them. To pretend it's no big deal would be a lie. It sucked.

That being said we're not a team with a closing window, or an old roster that needs to win now. Today, I'm a little bummed but I'm also "over it" and ready to move on. Looking forward to seeing what Wilson will be able to do with an entire offseason to get with his guys and prepare for next year.

I think this team is going to come together this offseason, knowing they are all so damn close to winning a Superbowl. I think we're going to see them working hard to make that happen.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:30 am
  • Pissed, angry, sad, happy, relieved.
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:53 am
  • Excited for the future, blown away by the negativity of some of you. Where were all those negative opinions 3 weeks ago?
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:00 pm
  • i'm every emotion listed above... and just mentally drained... what a ride.. lot's of highs (NE, SF) and lows (Detroit, Miami)... but i am forever optimistic about the future, can't wait for the draft and upcoming FA market.. let's see if JS/PC can keep the magic going... and RW, not enough words he is everything i thought he would be from the moment he snapped his first play in the pre season... to all my buddies that i know lurk the Net who were avid flynn supporters in the beginning all i can say is suck it....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:01 pm
  • Voted for little sad but happy for future ..... but I had to take the day off from work to let my emotions settle down ...to go from such a low to such an extreme high and have it taken away in 31 seconds later I couldn't think of anything else except what we should of did ...but yes the future looks good but I wanted it now but again there's always next year ....... go hawks!!!!
    JERSEYHAWK
    Jersey_Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:02 pm
  • I really like where this team is headed, but man did I want that comeback win yesterday.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:02 pm
  • As depressed as I've been since the Super Bowl loss since 2005. I've handled Seahawks losses better over the years, but today I feel a pit in my stomach worse than if a close girlfriend had broke up with me. I'm hoping noone at work says a word to me today.
    CalgaryHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:04 pm
  • Hungover!

Oh, and excited for the future of this team too.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:11 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:Nothing but proud. I refuse to embrace the maddening "what ifs". It was an amazing comeback.

You have to build through adversity, just like we did on the way to our dream 2005 season. Hats off to Atlanta for shedding the disappointments of playoffs past. We need to do the same next season. That Falcons offense showed some grit pulling it out at the end.

I hope the team uses this as fuel to earn HFA next season, that is the KEY!

I'm with you here. I don't at all dwell on the "what ifs" and prefer to relish what I can from the season. In this case, I can relish a whole hell of a lot because we now have what I feel to be clearly one of the five best quarterbacks in football (and he is going to improve from here), a dominant defense which will benefit from improved pass rush, and still the best secondary in all of football (even though they sorta got schooled yesterday).

Lots to look forward to next year.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:18 pm
  • ...wearing the colors. 8-)

Go Hawks!
    Birdfinger
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:19 pm
  • Relief!

Boy what a roller coaster ride that was. Wish it could have been 2 games longer tho.

For me when the Seahawks are done for the season so am I. I am a Seahawks fan not an NFL fan. Won't watch another game this year, especially the SB. I've watched one in the last 20 years and i'll wager you know which that was. Couldn't care less about who wins what next. They all have to be substandard cause the Hawks won't be playing in them so why watch?

Up to about 20 I knew the winners and most of the scores of all of them but got tired of the NFLs & players attitudes.
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:25 pm
  • For many teams, losing a game like that in the divisional round can be crushing because they don't get to that point until they have reached their limited "window of opportunity". For the Seahawks, no one really expected us to be THIS good when the season started, and the valiant comeback showed us that we DEFINITELY not only belonged there, but we were capable of so much more.

I think I would be more depressed if we had laid an egg after being down 20 points at halftime. Our team earned some MAJOR respect nationally with that second half effort, so as bummed as I am about the outcome yesterday I'm already stoked about our window of opportunity being ahead of us instead of behind us.
    Austin Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:30 pm
  • Playing hooky, being hungover as hell.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:33 pm
  • Voted for Proud, because that's what I feel the most. But a perfect answer would include 'A little sad, but excited for the future, and PROUD'
    Lieutenant Dan
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:34 pm
  • A little sad but excited for our future and Damn Proud of our team.
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:26 pm
  • I can't believe I'm only 1 of 2 people who picked happy so far. Yikes
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:33 pm
  • Feel sick with "what-ifs" playing over and over in my head.

But also proud that the Hawks never quit, mounted a comeback, and earned the respect of the NFL. Happy they never lost by more than 1 score this year, but also frustrated that they only lost by 1 score in all their losses this year. So close!
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:16 pm
  • All of the above. We have found our stud QB, I have confidence in Schneider and Pete to fill the holes on this team thru the draft/trades/FA, and it looks like one of our glaring weeknesses will be gone (Bradley).
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:59 pm
  • Happy.

Now, the loss sucked. We had them reeling, and we let it go. It took me all of 10 minutes to get over it and reflect upon this season. This was the most exciting 'Hawks team I've ever seen. Yes, even moreso than 2005. I feel like we just won the Super Bowl, rather than narrowly lost a Divisional round game. I can't imagine how I'll deal with an actual (and inevitable) SB victory.

I thought we had an excellent season with a less-than-stellar team. Think about that. For all our deficiencies, for all the perceived holes in our roster, we had the #1 scoring defense in the league and one of the most dangerous offenses in the game. We have our franchise QB. We have a dominant running game. We are young and hungry. One of the three best seasons in the franchises history, and we can only get better through continuity, experience, and a few low budget, unsexy, seemingly insignificant roster moves that will trigger an unprecedented trajectory toward the promised land. We can lament missed opportunities and where we failed this season, but I think of how scary we will be going forward. No longer will Russell be benefiting from Lynch - the running game instead will explode as defenses try to contain Wilson. We will target additional weapons for the new face of the franchise, shore up the pass rushing woes, and lower ticket prices while solving world hunger. Great things are on the horizon. I can't be anything but happy right now. Love is a battlefield.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:05 pm
  • Aros wrote:Fill in the blank...

Funny, a little sadness, but really, since about an hour after the game, the frustration of losing the game was replaced by such an incredible feeling of peace about the future of this team/franchise.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:44 pm
  • It's just a game
    Rude144
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:51 pm
  • Jazzhawk wrote:
    Aros wrote:Fill in the blank...

Funny, a little sadness, but really, since about an hour after the game, the frustration of losing the game was replaced by such an incredible feeling of peace about the future of this team/franchise.

Well said.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:08 pm
  • Troll alert. Butt hurt Patriots fan wanting to take a shot at a hurting fan base because somebody "disinfected" his glamor boy QB.

I am proud of the team and glad to see them get a taste of what it is like to play in the playoffs. They were 1-1 on the road, so that shouldn't be a concern. Good job and see them next season!
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:17 pm
  • The Radish wrote:Relief!

Boy what a roller coaster ride that was. Wish it could have been 2 games longer tho.

For me when the Seahawks are done for the season so am I. I am a Seahawks fan not an NFL fan. Won't watch another game this year, especially the SB. I've watched one in the last 20 years and i'll wager you know which that was. Couldn't care less about who wins what next. They all have to be substandard cause the Hawks won't be playing in them so why watch?

Up to about 20 I knew the winners and most of the scores of all of them but got tired of the NFLs & players attitudes.

The only word I'd change it that post is "Relief" to "Depressed". The rest is me to a "t".

I haven't felt so bad after a loss since the Rams beat us for the third time in the '04 season. When Engram dropped
    that TD toss, my brain caved in as Hasselbeck was crumpling to the turf. The Seahawks were stupid enough to include
    a photo of him that way in a Memory/Year That Was book sent out to season ticket holders. All that did was
    make me well up with tears and toss the thing in the trash. My daughter dug it out for me because she
    anticipated, correctly, that the following year was going to be even bigger.
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information