Who will be the most improved Seahawks next year?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • They could either be most improved by getting better this offseason, or most improved just by finally getting a chance on the field.

I've got 3:

1. James Carpenter: I think like Okung this year, next year he finally stays healthy. I think he will become a dominant left guard and with Okung-Carp-Unger we will once again have a dominant side of the o'line just like '05.

2. Bruce Irvin: We saw flashes. We saw crazy athletic ability. We saw that he's raw. I think we'll see a big jump in technique and production next year.

3. Russell Wilson: To be honest, I dont know where he can improve that much. But, he's Russell Wilson, so I Know he will.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I like those 3. I think Wagner will improve a lot as well.

And I'm hoping Thurmond improves -- at least his reliability and health (just for you, Ducks man!).
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• 1. Bobby Wagner - He's going to have a lot more time to prepare and I expect his ability to read offenses, combined with a better LBer to the weak side, will have us extolling him.

2. J.R. Sweezy - Cable is going to kick his ass

3. Giacomini - See a trend?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Wilson - even though he played great, when you combine his work ethic with the fact that he will be taking all the snaps as the starter next camp, he will take things to another level.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Earl Thomas.

His tackles went way down this year (27 less), but I think that's impart due to the level of play by Wagner and our LB crew. While only 3 INTs in the regular season, he did have 2 in our last 2 games.

I think you'll continue to see this guy grow. He is a ballhawk! Reminds me of Ed Reed the way he flys over the top and picks off passes. As our D continues to become better, ET is the all important wildcard who will roam around and make plays all over.

Credit to Jaquizzz..who absolutely destroyed ET :( OUCH.
    **ME LONG YOU LOVE TIME**
    Seattle_Stunna_MD
    NET Rookie

• I'm more concerned over who the most improved dot-net mod will be. I'm looking at you, Jseahawks.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:I'm more concerned over who the most improved dot-net mod will be. I'm looking at you, Jseahawks.

Looking at the dim-wits i've got for competition I think i'm a lock.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I'm more concerned over who the most improved dot-net mod will be. I'm looking at you, Jseahawks.

I'm with ya. You're Earl. Radish and Abs are Boulware, Hamlin, Russell, etc.

Most improved Hawk, will be Irvin, by far.
    Last edited by pehawk on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• I'm gonna go with Thurmond. I think he'll get back this year.
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• lane and mccoy
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter

• J....at least you have abs, all Abs has is Absolut... :lol:
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sooooo is hope for Irvin's improvement predicated on him packing on some pounds and playing end with his hand in the dirt or developing some additional moves and returning to the role of a pure speed rusher?

He stunk as a tweener yesterday.
    Formerly known as Seahawk425.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

• Lane
    Proudly backing the Seahawks from the Frozen Tundra since 1987
    Ampedhawk
    NET Practice Squad

• JSeahawks wrote:
    pehawk wrote:I'm more concerned over who the most improved dot-net mod will be. I'm looking at you, Jseahawks.

I'm thinkin any improvement of my buddy Judd would be welcome.

:D
    So close to the real thing.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• J.R Sweezy, i think he will of learn't alot this season.
    Tellin it like it is!
    Blueboy
    NET Practice Squad

• WAGS! When he gets his NFL battle tested man body, he's going to be a force! He's just a baby and could very well be the leagues DROY.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• My vote is for DT Jaye Howard. I don't think he got one regular season rep at DT, but he is coming out of the coaches dog house and onto the playing field. Howard's going to start at the 3-tech and get double digit sacks.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

• 1. Sweezy
    2. Wagner
    3. Carpenter
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter

• JSeahawks wrote:They could either be most improved by getting better this offseason, or most improved just by finally getting a chance on the field.

I've got 3:

1. James Carpenter: I think like Okung this year, next year he finally stays healthy. I think he will become a dominant left guard and with Okung-Carp-Unger we will once again have a dominant side of the o'line just like '05.

2. Bruce Irvin: We saw flashes. We saw crazy athletic ability. We saw that he's raw. I think we'll see a big jump in technique and production next year.

3. Russell Wilson: To be honest, I dont know where he can improve that much. But, he's Russell Wilson, so I Know he will.

If this happens...wow, the sky is the limit for this team next year
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• Sweezy, Irvin, and Lane.

Wilson has to work better in the pocket and stop routinely miss open receivers.
    Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire
    Bipolar
    NET Veteran

• Here is what I feel will happen. Russell Wilson will lead this team in the offseason. He will hold workouts, film sessions, and drills to make this team better. Anyone who attends those sessions will be better.

Wilson will get better. The few rookie mistakes he made will fully disappear. The next level is going to be changing the play at the line. I believe this kid has the intelligence and work ethic to be similar to Manning in that regard. Not saying he will be Manning but anything approaching that would improve his game and help out the team. I also expect the zone read to be less of a factor. ATL shut it down and he still had 385 passing and 60 rush on scrambles. It will still be around as a threat but I say he steps up big time next year as a pocket QB.

Expect the defensive rookies, Guy, Suggs, Lane, and Wagner, to have an even bigger impact. Trufant is likely out at least as a starter. If Thrumond is healthy him Lane and Guy can play the Nickle and Dime. Maxwell too. I just don't see Tru coming back. Maybe one more at low pay just to make one last run at a ring.

Sweezy will continue to grow.

Tate. He really came on strong this year and I think his best years are ahead of him.

Miller. He is a baller and if the line is more consistent I expect him to get used more in the passing game.

I'm so pumped for this team. Russell's work ethic and leadership has given us so much to be excited for.
    ceej22
    NET Rookie

• 1) Carpenter - saw a glimpse of what he can be if he stays healthy when he pancaked Justin Smith

2) Wagner - still learning to diagnose what the offense is doing. As he learns that, I expect him to start making the plays in the opponents backfield that he is now making on his side of the LOS.

3) Malcolm Smith - found a way to get on the field this year and once there found a way to stay even after Leroy Hill was healthy. :179422:
    canfan
    NET Rookie

• Matt Flynn. He wins the job back!

... kidding
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Michael Robinson- His Camera work in the locker room is shakey at best and he gave up one fumble of the camera to Rice.
    Last edited by Evil_Shenanigans on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• Russell. I can easily see him breaking several records next year including passer efficiency. I also hope to see big gains from Sweezy, Carp and Breno.

On the defensive side I see more growth coming from Wags, and KJ.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:07 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information