What would it cost to bring Suh home?

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm wondering what it would cost to bring Suh Seattle?

At least on this board, it appears that Suh's always wanted to play here. Detroit has some serious cap decisions looming. And, maybe there's a chacne Detoit could be talked into it given the aforementioned AND grumblings about the locker room culture there.

Or, just tell me to die already for a stupid post. I'm trying to focus on anything but yesterdays result.

djb28

Reaction score
That would be sweet. An absolute must position filled with a proven player!

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I dont really want Avril.

I want to see him produce w/o Suh before I'm entirely sold. Avril had 9 sacks last year, but that's only 2 more sacks I could've got with Fairley and Suh working inside.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
pehawk":1ll3y71g said:
I dont really want Avril.

I want to see him produce w/o Suh before I'm entirely sold. Avril had 9 sacks last year, but that's only 2 more sacks I could've got with Fairley and Suh working inside.

No shit. Let's remember how good Suh made Jared Crick look.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I think Suh would excel here...and be kept in check with his attitude as well.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1tmokwra said:
Why would Detroit allow Suh to go?

I wont say this isn't farfetched, it is. But, Detroit has some BIG decisions to make the next 2 years. They very well could be looking at a scenario where Suh walks for nothing. Or, another peice does.

I just dont know the cost? A 3rd and Mebane?

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Don't see this happening, unless his contract is up or Seattle is willing to throw a lot at Detroit to get him. It'd be cool, but right now it's just a fantasy. Time will tell, but I'm not even going to ponder holding my breath.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1kj06fik said:
Don't see this happening, unless his contract is up or Seattle is willing to throw a lot at Detroit to get him. It'd be cool, but right now it's just a fantasy. Time will tell, but I'm not even going to ponder holding my breath.

Oh, okay.

I didn't know we weren't allowed to hypothosize or ask questions like "what would it cost?". I really do apologize. The last thing I or anyone else wants is you holding your breath. I mean, if you did, you'd die and we wouldn't be honored by your pearls of wisdom. I for one would be really sad over that.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Would Suh

A) Work on his attitude and penalties?

B) Take a paycut (he's already restructured his contract once)?

C) Buy into Pete's philosophy?

If yes to all 3, get him.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":vu1yjy5a said:
Would Suh

A) Work on his attitude and penalties?

B) Take a paycut (he's already restructured his contract once)?

C) Buy into Pete's philosophy?

If yes to all 3, get him.

I'm a big believer that attitude issue players manifest from nurture, not nature. Bring him home, where he wants to be, and I'd bet everything changes.

Reminds me of a Charles Woodson in Oakland type scenario.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Suh isn't going anywhere this year. His contract included $40 million guaranteed. He still has $19 million of that left to be paid (based on cap number, not what he's actually received). His cap hit for next year jumps from $6.56 to $17.2 million. However if he is traded ALL of that guaranteed money becomes a 2012 cap hit.

Basically if Detroit keeps him his cap number is $17.2 million.
If Detroit trades him, his cap number is $19 million and he's not on the team.
Not going to happen.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/ndamukong-suh/

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1zy1deh0 said:
Suh isn't going anywhere this year. His contract included $40 million guaranteed. He still has $19 million of that left to be paid (based on cap number, not what he's actually received). His cap hit for next year jumps from $6.56 to $17.2 million. However if he is traded ALL of that guaranteed money becomes a 2012 cap hit.

Not going to happen.

DAMN YOU BLUEANDGREEN!

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
pehawk":22l5syso said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":22l5syso said:

Not going to happen.

DAMN YOU BLUEANDGREEN!

Sorry, my bad.

jdblack

Reaction score
I don't think it is in PS/JC to pay for anything but a low-profile, younger diamond in the rough. They have enough contracts coming up on the current roster.

Edit: I also think they will settle for letting Jones get healthy, hoping Clemons gets healthy, bulking Irvin up, and adding depth with a 3rd-ish round draft pick.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Okay, well Mr Buzzkill BlueandGreen explained why this will not happen. But, what would the cap ramifications be if Paul Allen just bought Ford? Huh, Mr Smartguy? What then?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3unwqf3w said:
Okay, well Mr Buzzkill BlueandGreen explained why this will not happen. But, what would the cap ramifications be if Paul Allen just bought Ford? Huh, Mr Smartguy? What then?

I like the way you think.

But I guess we'll just have to hold out hope that Schneider does his Schneider-type things and gets us a guy who plays at 98% of Suh's level in the 5th round next draft.