Coulda/Shoulda...

Bullmeister

Reaction score
...won this game.

It was amazing to watch this team dig themselves out of a 0-20 first half deficit and actually take the lead 28-27 with 31 seconds left in regulation. It would have been possibly the greatest win by any Seahawk team ever.

It was no fluke. I think this team, led by Wilson at QB is just flat out capable of doing such things, as it had shown before.

Saying that, despite how good any team is, some things just need to line up right throughout the year to allow a team to realise their potential. I would say, much like 2005, the planets lined up better for the 'Hawks than in other years. By this I am mainly referring to injuries/chemistry. I think, just like 2005, injuries didn't really play that much of a factor (maybe this Atlanta game was the most significant with Clem being out).

It would really suck if next year the Seahawks are just as capable/even more so but find themselves crippled at key position injuries that ultimately take it's toll and deny the team to realise what they are truly capable of. This kind of "luck" you can't really control.

This year was as good a year as I could have hoped for as far as injuries were concerned and the performance of Wilson was simply outstanding. To expect that to happen next year and the one after, well, some of that takes quite a bit of luck.

The saddest thing about this loss is the fact that there is no tomorrow for this season and this super hot Seahawk team of 2012-13 that in my eyes could have realistically gone all the way. All that emotion, energy, confidence, chemistry and good fortune means nothing now they are out of the playoffs. Unfortunately you can't just save all this good stuff, put it in storage, unpack when next season starts and expect everything to re-continue from the exact same high they were the year before.

Come the new season, all that emotion, chemistry and good fortune needs to happen/be rediscovered/re imagined all over again. There are no guarantees.

Will make this one long off-season for us all I think.

Bull

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Still kind of feels like we won that game, in a surreal sense. Yea, I know we lost, but the feeling's there still, and it can't be batted down no matter how many times I remember we're not playing next week. This next season has so much hope built up already, I can hardly believe it'll live up to it. But yet, I think it will.

Atradees

Reaction score
What a fantastic season. The coulda/shoulda built great drama and kept me on the edge of my seat.

To think; what normally happens is that I try to find guys we may draft come April that I
would hope can become good players.....now we draft guys I never heard of and they become all pros.
That takes my draft could-shoulda and ??? Aww the mystery of how this team can have one more offseason to get even better.

minormillikin

Reaction score
It really was an amazing game. To be so awestruck with the amazing comeback, then have it completely ripped away was a terrible feeling.

What's interesting is how content I was with the impending loss, when it was 27-7. I had already begun to make peace with it. Then to have victory in our grasp. And lose it again. Emotional whiplash.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Im excited to see who we add/replace , extend contracts etc.. I am happy . If wilson doesnt take the lead , i am probably pretty upset , but he did so i am happy.