Wilson's Contract

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Wilson's Contract
Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:55 pm
  • I read somewhwere that because of the new CBA we can't extend Russell, and he will have to complete his rookie contract Is that right? The man deserves to be paid that seems wierd to me?
    SPOHAWK
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1228
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:47 pm


Re: Wilson's Contract
Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:58 pm
  • Nope. He's a rookie. That's the rules, and this time it goes in our favor. He's well aware of it, and I'm sure perfectly fine with it. We'll have to eat his fifty kajillion dollar paycheck come four years from now, but until then we get way, way more than our money's worth from him.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18758
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: Wilson's Contract
Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:58 pm
  • I believe he's on a 4-year deal and under the new CBA he can't negotiate a new deal/extension until after year 3.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Wilson's Contract
Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:01 pm
  • Maybe Mr. Allen can make him a spokesman for Vulcon or something, cause he is grossly underpaid!
    SPOHAWK
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1228
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:47 pm


Re: Wilson's Contract
Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:02 pm
  • Might as well just donate the money now to a children's hospital, you know that's all he's gonna do with it.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5231
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Wilson's Contract
Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:05 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:Might as well just donate the money now to a children's hospital, you know that's all he's gonna do with it.


    lol what...? Im sure Wilsons a guy who likes nice things. Big house, nice furniture, etc.. and that takes money.
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3510
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


Re: Wilson's Contract
Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:07 pm
  • He has his payday coming.. don't worry about Russ
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 5096
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: Wilson's Contract
Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:08 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:Might as well just donate the money now to a children's hospital, you know that's all he's gonna do with it.


    lol what...? Im sure Wilsons a guy who likes nice things. Big house, nice furniture, etc.. and that takes money.


    My bad, thought it was well known that when Wilson isn't watching film, he hangs out at the childrens hospital. True story. Too lazy to find the article though, other .net members confirm?
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5231
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Wilson's Contract
Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:14 pm
  • pretty sure he can pick up some hefty endorsements to compensate
    GO HAWKS!!!
    User avatar
    Twisted
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 pm


Re: Wilson's Contract
Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:17 pm
  • When he isn't watching film, I'm sure he is spending time with his beautiful wife ...
    I don't think RW needs to worry about $$$ now. Plenty of endorsements coming his way. I'm sure his agent will be plenty busy this off season. RW will soon be set financially. And he has earned every single penny he gets ...
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*
     
    Posts: 947
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 pm


Re: Wilson's Contract
Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:18 pm
  • You guys don't know Wilson that well, evidently. Yes, he's going to want to get pay commensurate with his performance in a few years. But yes, he knows he's a rookie in this league getting paid what rookies make, and he isn't greedy. It's never going to be about the money for him.

    And we can all thank our luck stars he is who he is.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18758
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: Wilson's Contract
Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:29 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:You guys don't know Wilson that well, evidently. Yes, he's going to want to get pay commensurate with his performance in a few years. But yes, he knows he's a rookie in this league getting paid what rookies make, and he isn't greedy. It's never going to be about the money for him.

    And we can all thank our luck stars he is who he is.


    Well none of us know Wilson very well actually... Actually no one here knows him at all, most likely. So its a little silly to speculate on whether Wilson wants nice things in his life (most of which cost money) Yes he most likely will get that big paycheck, but nothing in the NFL is guaranteed and players get hurt all the time and never get that paycheck (knock on wood)
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3510
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


Re: Wilson's Contract
Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:35 pm
  • Pretty sure Wilson will make a ton of money in endorsements (and has made quite a bit). Not worried about his well being.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

    :les:
    User avatar
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7956
    Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm


Re: Wilson's Contract
Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:39 pm
  • RW turned down $million from baseball to take a shot at a sport, where he was projected to be a backup at best by the "experts". Statistically, baseball players make more $$$ over the life of their career than football players.
    I don't think RW is really worried about $$$ now. He is only worried about getting better for the next play, for the next series, for the next game.
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*
     
    Posts: 947
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 pm


Re: Wilson's Contract
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:08 am
  • Ill just put this here. Didnt want to start a new thread.

    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18601
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Wilson's Contract
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:13 am
  • what is he making per year?
    ProckHawks
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 167
    Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 11:45 am
    Location: Vancouver WA


Re: Wilson's Contract
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:23 am
  • Hopefuly, PA is saving up some cash to pay this young man when the time comes.
    Image

    Go Hawks.
    User avatar
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2194
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am


Re: Wilson's Contract
Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:27 am
  • SouthSoundHawk wrote:Hopefuly, PA is saving up some cash to pay this young man when the time comes.

    In reality, PA has little or nothing to do with it.

    Russell will get a raise when his contract can be extended... and he will be paid within the salary cap for the team at the time.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3100
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


Re: Wilson's Contract
Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:31 am
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:You guys don't know Wilson that well, evidently. Yes, he's going to want to get pay commensurate with his performance in a few years. But yes, he knows he's a rookie in this league getting paid what rookies make, and he isn't greedy. It's never going to be about the money for him.

    And we can all thank our luck stars he is who he is.


    Well none of us know Wilson very well actually... Actually no one here knows him at all, most likely. So its a little silly to speculate on whether Wilson wants nice things in his life (most of which cost money) Yes he most likely will get that big paycheck, but nothing in the NFL is guaranteed and players get hurt all the time and never get that paycheck (knock on wood)


    So you think the good guy routine is an act? Do you just think humanity is screwed and everyone is a pile of shit? Russell seems like a genuine good guy and he's still making a shitload more money than most of us will ever see on an annual basis. He didn't come from a bad neighborhood, and I honestly believe he isn't motivated by the money to the degree you're touting.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    User avatar
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *
     
    Posts: 7093
    Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:56 pm


Re: Wilson's Contract
Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:45 am
  • Perhaps we could spend the extra cash getting him a target like Greg Jennings to throw to?
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1530
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


Re: Wilson's Contract
Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:52 am
  • screw greg jennings, too injury prone, give me brandon Marshall or Victor Cruz, somebody like that.. Jennings is good though.

    and i do know RW and he told me he wants to get paid, and also he wants his hedge trimmer back...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4052
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Wilson's Contract
Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:03 am
  • ProckHawks wrote:what is he making per year?



    Around 650,000 a year plus his signing bonus which put him over a million for this season.

    :les:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Wilson's Contract
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:07 pm
  • JesterHawk wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:You guys don't know Wilson that well, evidently. Yes, he's going to want to get pay commensurate with his performance in a few years. But yes, he knows he's a rookie in this league getting paid what rookies make, and he isn't greedy. It's never going to be about the money for him.

    And we can all thank our luck stars he is who he is.


    Well none of us know Wilson very well actually... Actually no one here knows him at all, most likely. So its a little silly to speculate on whether Wilson wants nice things in his life (most of which cost money) Yes he most likely will get that big paycheck, but nothing in the NFL is guaranteed and players get hurt all the time and never get that paycheck (knock on wood)


    So you think the good guy routine is an act? Do you just think humanity is screwed and everyone is a pile of shit? Russell seems like a genuine good guy and he's still making a shitload more money than most of us will ever see on an annual basis. He didn't come from a bad neighborhood, and I honestly believe he isn't motivated by the money to the degree you're touting.


    ummm huh? Think you're grasping at straws a little bit there. So Im getting from what you're saying is that to be a good guy you have to donate all your money to charity and not spend any on nice things yourself. So by that logic if you have a big house with a pool and good furniture, plasma screeen tv, etc.. you are a bad guy? Cause thats all I was saying. No one knows Wilsons personal life too well and what he would do once he finally gets a big paycheck. Money might not be Russell's main motivator (probably not based on what we know of him) but once again, most people like owning nice things, and nice things cost money.

    So imo it is presumptive to speculate on what Wilson would do with his paycheck and unfair to draw a parallel between being a good person and not spending money.
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3510
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


Re: Wilson's Contract
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:36 pm
  • I seem to recall on a "Real Rob Report" someone giving him a hard time about his discount suits and his reply was he's saving his money.
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1058
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:52 am
    Location: Orlando, Florida


Re: Wilson's Contract
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:41 pm
  • The Radish wrote:
    ProckHawks wrote:what is he making per year?



    Around 650,000 a year plus his signing bonus which put him over a million for this season.

    :les:

    Les, according to rotoworld.com, his salary for 2012 was only $390,000, not $650,000.

    However, his signing bonus was $619,472... close to what you said his salary was.

    In total, the team paid him $1,009,472 this year, which is exactly what you stated ("over a million").

    And add to that he made $20,000 for the wild card game and $22,000 from yesterday's game... those are both paid by the League (not the club)... so altogether, he was paid $1,051,472 for the year.

    Next year his salary is $526,217. In 2014, he'll be paid $662,434.

    Following the 2014 season, he's eligible for a contract extension/re-negotiation.


    Source for the numbers that I provided above
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3100
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


Re: Wilson's Contract
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:43 pm
  • He already has Levi and ESPN deals. And he had signed with a promotions and marketing firm out of North Carolina before the season. He is a wealthy man already.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    User avatar
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3391
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:32 am
    Location: The Open Road


Re: Wilson's Contract
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:45 pm
  • What is the ESPN deal that you listed?
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3100
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


Re: Wilson's Contract
Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:14 pm
  • onanygivensunday wrote:
    The Radish wrote:
    ProckHawks wrote:what is he making per year?



    Around 650,000 a year plus his signing bonus which put him over a million for this season.

    :les:

    Les, according to rotoworld.com, his salary for 2012 was only $390,000, not $650,000.

    However, his signing bonus was $619,472... close to what you said his salary was.

    In total, the team paid him $1,009,472 this year, which is exactly what you stated ("over a million").

    And add to that he made $20,000 for the wild card game and $22,000 from yesterday's game... those are both paid by the League (not the club)... so altogether, he was paid $1,051,472 for the year.

    Next year his salary is $526,217. In 2014, he'll be paid $662,434.

    Following the 2014 season, he's eligible for a contract extension/re-negotiation.


    Source for the numbers that I provided above



    Hey thanks, I didn't remember exactly what I had seen somewhere. Glad you had the exact figures. At coffee this morning my car guy group finally got to see the Levi add and thought I was kidding when I told them it had been made prior to the start of the season.

    Wanted to know why that good an ad hadn't been prominent. I told them after the last 3 weeks of Wilson's life that commercial ought to pay him residuals for years. lol

    And someone mentioned his wife looked good in Levis and I had to agree. :D

    :les:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Wilson's Contract
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:49 pm



It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:39 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online