Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:00 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
While I dont think he'll ever be an endorsement whore like Peyton Manning is I do think he's going to be the biggest national superstar in the history of Seattle sports.

I have a feeling we're going to get quite a few prime time games next year and it will be largely because of Wilson. He's exactly the type of man and player that the NFL should be looking to push into stardom and make one of the public faces of the league.

I also think that being short and overcoming obstacles makes him kind of an underdog and "everyman" type who even other teams fans will root for.

I think for the next decade we're going to get a lot of love and we might even become one of "those teams" that ESPN pays attention to.

Just dont put him on the Madden cover...

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:28 pm
Posts: 5301
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
JSeahawks wrote:
While I dont think he'll ever be an endorsement whore like Peyton Manning is I do think he's going to be the biggest national superstar in the history of Seattle sports.

I have a feeling we're going to get quite a few prime time games next year and it will be largely because of Wilson. He's exactly the type of man and player that the NFL should be looking to push into stardom and make one of the public faces of the league.

I also think that being short and overcoming obstacles makes him kind of an underdog and "everyman" type who even other teams fans will root for.

I think for the next decade we're going to get a lot of love and we might even become one of "those teams" that ESPN pays attention to.

Just dont put him on the Madden cover...


Yeah that Madden curse, gets em every time. Who was on the cover last time? Oh wait.... :stirthepot:

Yeah I agree on everything but the whole Madden cover deal though. Very likeable, hard working, solid, standup guy, who shines in all the big moments. Very marketable.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:04 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10169
Location: Vancouver, WA
Agree with you on all accounts. Doesn't hurt that he is better looking than Manning too. Of course so is my dog but.......

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm
Posts: 1429
Thought the thread was going to be about his trade value :shock:

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:07 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
He's by FAR the most marketable person the NFL has now, IMO. Bi-racial, Christian, hard-worker, underdog, EVERYTHING. He's Madison Avenue's DREAM.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:07 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
SNDavidson wrote:
Thought the thread was going to be about his trade value :shock:


If SF calls and offers Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Kaepernick, Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree and two 1st round draft picks i'd think about it.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:08 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10169
Location: Vancouver, WA
JSeahawks wrote:
SNDavidson wrote:
Thought the thread was going to be about his trade value :shock:


If SF calls and offers Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Kaepernick, Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree and two 1st round draft picks i'd think about it.

Not me. Seriously.

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:08 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:20 am
Posts: 41
Location: San Francisco
Bigger than Ken Griffey Jr? I dunno bout that. He's good but not THAT good jmo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:09 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm
Posts: 1429
Did you guys know that he's also considered slightly undersized for the quarterback position?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:11 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10169
Location: Vancouver, WA
49elite wrote:
Bigger than Ken Griffey Jr? I dunno bout that. He's good but not THAT good jmo

Not yet, but in the long run he will be bigger.

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:11 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:35 am
Posts: 687
pehawk wrote:
He's by FAR the most marketable person the NFL has now, IMO. Bi-racial, Christian, hard-worker, underdog, EVERYTHING. He's Madison Avenue's DREAM.


And most importantly, he's all that AND he can actually ball. Unlike some other over talked about QB's in the NFL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:28 pm
Posts: 5301
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
SNDavidson wrote:
Did you guys know that he's also considered slightly undersized for the quarterback position?


I hadn't heard that yet. Crazy talk, I tell ya


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
Posts: 5083
Location: South End
Levi's was on the bandwagon early!

_________________
"We ran into a buzz saw," - John Fox, Super Bowl XLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:17 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17585
Location: The beautiful PNW
49elite wrote:
Bigger than Ken Griffey Jr? I dunno bout that. He's good but not THAT good jmo


Patience, young Skywalker. He only broke a half dozen records his rookie season. He'll break the rest later.

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:19 pm 
*The Prophet*
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 pm
Posts: 854
So is Colin Kaepernick. And CK might win the SB (at least he is still playing)
Except ... RW doesn't have any visible tattoos ... ha ha ha

pehawk wrote:
He's by FAR the most marketable person the NFL has now, IMO. Bi-racial, Christian, hard-worker, underdog, EVERYTHING. He's Madison Avenue's DREAM.

_________________
Joe


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:21 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm
Posts: 1429
Kaepernick seems immature to me, he's also not as smart as Russell is, see that personal foul in which he spiked the ball at the dude and said "yea m.... f...er!" He also has a stupid face. Thank you.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:27 pm 
*The Prophet*
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 pm
Posts: 854
I live on the East Coast and I don't think he is that big, and here is why:

+I listen to ESPN Radio (I don't watch their TV Network) and unfortunately, many of the journalists still don't give him enough respect, even after what he did today. If they were voting for ROY today, some journalist would still vote for Luck or RGIII. I understand we lost, but everyone was talking about Matt Ryan and how clutch he was. Very little mention about RW overcoming 3 TDs.
+Elevating RW above Luck and RGIII means lots of these "Pundits" were wrong. These people will NEVER accept they were wrong about RW.
+I did browse a few forums of teams that passed on RW in the draft to see if there was some type of remorse about not taking him ... very little mention.

RW marketability outside the Pacific NW will go as far as ESPN and all the bias media will want to carry it. Right now, I don't think they are ready to carry him above "there are lots of promising QBs in the NFL" (signed John Clayton, without even mentioning RW name in an interview tonight, when asked about RW performance in Atlanta).

_________________
Joe


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:34 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
joeseahawks wrote:
I live on the East Coast and I don't think he is that big, and here is why:

+I listen to ESPN Radio (I don't watch their TV Network) and unfortunately, many of the journalists still don't give him enough respect, even after what he did today. If they were voting for ROY today, some journalist would still vote for Luck or RGIII. I understand we lost, but everyone was talking about Matt Ryan and how clutch he was. Very little mention about RW overcoming 3 TDs.
+Elevating RW above Luck and RGIII means lots of these "Pundits" were wrong. These people will NEVER accept they were wrong about RW.
+I did browse a few forums of teams that passed on RW in the draft to see if there was some type of remorse about not taking him ... very little mention.

RW marketability outside the Pacific NW will go as far as ESPN and all the bias media will want to carry it. Right now, I don't think they are ready to carry him above "there are lots of promising QBs in the NFL" (signed John Clayton, without even mentioning RW name in an interview tonight, when asked about RW performance in Atlanta).


I'm talking about his whole career though, i'm not talking about right now. Give it a few years and a Superbowl win or two.

Just for kicks I went thru a Game thread on a Cowboys forum about our game and they were absolutely drooling over Wilson. Basically saying that he is everything they wish Romo was.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:37 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:34 pm
Posts: 723
Location: Austin, Texas
I don't know if Russell will be the most marketable player in the entire NFL, but he most definitely is for the Seahawks. His presence on our team will give us a lot of respect and attention for years to come.

Colin Kaepernick seems like an okay guy in interviews, but looks like a street thug and doesn't look like he's ever picked up a book.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:44 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:26 am
Posts: 38
Hasselbeck had at least a few nice endorsements like Campbell's soup and some kind of protein shake. Wilson should be able to match that.

Edit: It was EOS Myoplex


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:52 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:06 pm
Posts: 951
Most marketable in Seattle sports history? Huh?

Are you forgetting Ken Griffy Jr? He even had a video game series named after him!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:45 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9185
Location: Renton Wa.
Well having the too short label I'm sure Extenz is knocking on the door.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:26 am 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
VancitySeahawk wrote:
Most marketable in Seattle sports history? Huh?

Are you forgetting Ken Griffy Jr? He even had a video game series named after him!


Just wait for the debut of Russell Wilson AntiPerspirant. Dude never sweats anything.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:33 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am
Posts: 2051
JSeahawks wrote:
VancitySeahawk wrote:
Most marketable in Seattle sports history? Huh?

Are you forgetting Ken Griffy Jr? He even had a video game series named after him!


Just wait for the debut of Russell Wilson AntiPerspirant. Dude never sweats anything.



Brilliant.

_________________
Image

Go Hawks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:34 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:17 am
Posts: 2230
Location: St George, UT
SNDavidson wrote:
Thought the thread was going to be about his trade value :shock:


Me too, and was preparing to react negatively :mrgreen:

_________________
Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:34 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3077
Location: Anchorage, AK
joeseahawks wrote:
I live on the East Coast and I don't think he is that big, and here is why:

+I listen to ESPN Radio (I don't watch their TV Network) and unfortunately, many of the journalists still don't give him enough respect, even after what he did today. If they were voting for ROY today, some journalist would still vote for Luck or RGIII. I understand we lost, but everyone was talking about Matt Ryan and how clutch he was. Very little mention about RW overcoming 3 TDs.
+Elevating RW above Luck and RGIII means lots of these "Pundits" were wrong. These people will NEVER accept they were wrong about RW.
+I did browse a few forums of teams that passed on RW in the draft to see if there was some type of remorse about not taking him ... very little mention.

RW marketability outside the Pacific NW will go as far as ESPN and all the bias media will want to carry it. Right now, I don't think they are ready to carry him above "there are lots of promising QBs in the NFL" (signed John Clayton, without even mentioning RW name in an interview tonight, when asked about RW performance in Atlanta).


Well Cowherd stating this morning that he expects most wins etc by Luck then closely after that RW then after that (not closely) RG3 and Kapernick

Luck and RG3 durability is up there. Coming into next year RW will be a HUGE story. Media will focus on the championship games now but no doubt about it RW will be one of the major story lines going into next year and will get bigger a few games in when people realize he is a terrific pocket passer........


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:45 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:15 am
Posts: 2293
I could care less about his marketability. He isn’t a glory hound at all so that alone will likely keep a lot of this in check. I just want him to come back in the first mini-camp switched on and ready to resume where he left off! I am just so glad that we don’t have to hear him referred to as a rookie any longer. The height thing will likely always be there for the mediots who can’t accept that they were wrong, I hope it turns out to be his ace in the hole.

P.S. Do post season TD’s count towards his rookie season stats?

_________________
#NEXTMANUP


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:45 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
joeseahawks wrote:
So is Colin Kaepernick. And CK might win the SB (at least he is still playing)
Except ... RW doesn't have any visible tattoos ... ha ha ha

pehawk wrote:
He's by FAR the most marketable person the NFL has now, IMO. Bi-racial, Christian, hard-worker, underdog, EVERYTHING. He's Madison Avenue's DREAM.


although Kaep for the most part represents the players in the NFL, in dress, tats, etc.... i do not think he is what the NFL or endorsement companies are looking for in representing them.. RW is definitley more marketable than Kaep.. i see Kaep in a Rap video more than i see him in a All State commercial.

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:51 am 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
RW WILL be doing corny Buick sommercials within 5 years, just like the guy with Pete Roses haircut.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:57 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
pehawk wrote:
RW WILL be doing corny Buick sommercials within 5 years, just like the guy with Pete Roses haircut.


He was the all-time hits leader!!!

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson's marketability
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:59 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3077
Location: Anchorage, AK
Evil_Shenanigans wrote:
I could care less about his marketability. He isn’t a glory hound at all so that alone will likely keep a lot of this in check. I just want him to come back in the first mini-camp switched on and ready to resume where he left off! I am just so glad that we don’t have to hear him referred to as a rookie any longer. The height thing will likely always be there for the mediots who can’t accept that they were wrong, I hope it turns out to be his ace in the hole.

P.S. Do post season TD’s count towards his rookie season stats?


I think people need to separate the fact that he is a great person wanting to acchive greatness that donates his time to children hospital from the fact that he may want to make money.

He wants to acchieve results in his life but he also knows he has a short window to make lots of money and will want to take some advantage of that. I don't think he will maximize it now as big payday is out there but he also knows he could be one big hit away from never playing again. he won't approach life or the game with that mindset but he will protect himself with insurance and getting some endorsment deals

and he should


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.