Do we need a burner?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Do we need a burner?
Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:09 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:A burner wouldn't have changed things today. Atlanta was playing a Cover 2 shell today; it's specifically designed to keep WRs in front of the secondary and not give up the big play. Having a guy vertically stretch the field into the teeth of the defense wouldn't have changed anything.

The way you beat that is what we did a bit in the 1st half, hit the TE. A running game would've made the safeties creep up, and then get hit over the top with the PA pass. The lack of a run game hurt us more than missing an elite WR, although it would be nice to see Tate and Rice win some one on one matchups against better than average CBs.

What we need is at least one more dominating OG. Sweezy isn't there yet (might not ever be dominating) and Moffitt just doesn't look like he takes it seriously enough.

Well two things, it could either create even MORE space in that intermediate gap if you have a guy flat out running towards the end-zone, second, if they catch the ball in that middle area and make one guy miss they can take it to the house. Right now I feel that even though Tate and Rice can catch the ball in the middle of the field and make a guy miss and/or break a tackle, they're still going to get caught before they break off a huge run
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Another weapon would be awesome....i'd like to see us package picks to get 4 or 5 guys we REALLY want....this team is young as is so lets get 'quality' rather than 'quantity'....
    "I didn't do anything...i just headbutted him!"
    purpleworld
    NET Starter

• If we want a true burner, I think we would take a shot at Wallace. Dude is FAST.

But I see us approaching a true pass rusher. Maybe getting Randy Starks from Miami to stuff the run and provide some more pressure.
    How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb?

None, they will all show and talk about how good the old one was...
    hawker232
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:11 pm
  • hawker232 wrote:If we want a true burner, I think we would take a shot at Wallace. Dude is FAST.

But I see us approaching a true pass rusher. Maybe getting Randy Starks from Miami to stuff the run and provide some more pressure.

yep mike wallace is one of the fastest receivers out there.
    GeorgeKush
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:15 pm
  • what about the Rocket Lockette?

Im sure the Niners drop him
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:52 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information