Gus Bradley can kiss his head coaching job goodbye

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • No message. Topic says it all. :(
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• 31 seconds, theyre at their own 27 yard line.... This is where the ENTIRE SEASON is on the line..
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

• damn were screwed next yr... prevent def prevents u from winning
    kendog2639
    NET Starter

• Knew they were going to drive down the field on us. See the Bears game.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• Agreed, never figured out a way to get pressure all day
    Hendo66
    NET Starter

• I said at halftime that Bradley was coaching this game like he's already accepted the Eagles' head coaching job and wants to start as soon as possible.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Eagles have interviewed ... the dude who was doing the game. Billick ... or whatever his name is.
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• seabowl wrote:Knew they were going to drive down the field on us. See the Bears game.

And the Arizona, Miami, and Detroit game. Carolina was close too.

It's a major problem.
    kmedic
    NET Veteran

• They needed to blitz that last drive end of story.
    General Manager
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, those teams will think twice after that performance. It's too bad, too, I don't want to be stuck with him for another year. The more I see, the more I believe it's the talent on the defense, not Bradley's schemes making them look good.
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• Guys, why are you blaming it on the play calling from your coordinator? Your players still have to execute. One play or one series don't make a game. Your coordinator got you this far didn't he? You guys were a #1 ranked defense weren't you? We outplayed you guys in the 1st half and you guys outplayed us in the second half. The players still have to play. We have a good offense and we showed it. We have too many weapons. You don't have enough people to stop everyone.

Anyway that was a great game. You guys have nothing to be upset about. The arrow is pointing way up on your young team. Your rookie quarterback looked like a 10 year vet out there. He made so many plays with him arm which floored me.
    ATLFalFan
    NET Bench Warmer

• General Manager wrote:They needed to blitz that last drive end of story.

Seattle did blitz on that last drive, but Atlanta easily picked it up and Ryan found Gonzalez in the hole vacated by the blitzer.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• ATL- The frustration is that it was just the Falcons. This has happened on multiple occasions this year. We play a tough man coverage defense and get into great 3rd and longs, drop into a pu%$ zone coverage and get picked apart. We were regularly giving up 3rd and 15+ this season due to this crap soft zone defense, and yet we drop into it again today when it counts.
    hawks02
    NET Starter

• Plenty of blame to go around really. Why did we leave so many points on the field in the first half? Why was Russell Wilson unleashed so late in the season? Let's not try to recreate the past and focus on the future.
    I trust the folks who run the team to make the right decision. And with Wilson running the show, I'm confident he will be prepared and have everyone ready to go.
    Go hawks ...
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• SeatownJay wrote:
    General Manager wrote:They needed to blitz that last drive end of story.

Seattle did blitz on that last drive, but Atlanta easily picked it up and Ryan found Gonzalez in the hole vacated by the blitzer.

Right.
    General Manager
    NET Veteran

• hawks02 wrote:ATL- The frustration is that it was just the Falcons. This has happened on multiple occasions this year. We play a tough man coverage defense and get into great 3rd and longs, drop into a pu%$ zone coverage and get picked apart. We were regularly giving up 3rd and 15+ this season due to this crap soft zone defense, and yet we drop into it again today when it counts.

I can definitely understand that. We've been playing zone for years but have finally started playing a little man with our new DC. We played too much man in the second half. That's why we were getting burnt. Not to say that RW didn't have anything to do with it. He extended plays and found the guys sitting wide open in the zone.
    ATLFalFan
    NET Bench Warmer

• joeseahawks wrote:Eagles have interviewed ... the dude who was doing the game. Billick ... or whatever his name is.

If that's true, the Eagles can cross two candidates off their list after watching this game. Billick made my head hurt with all his stupidity.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Bradley is alright. He's certainly no Kiffen or LeBeau but it doesnt help that we have 0 interior pass rushing ability with out Jason Jones. I'm sorry but either we Keep jones and draft a pass rushing DT, or get rid of Jones and draft two pass rushing DTs. I love Mebane and branch but they're run stoppers through and through.

We need to get a better pass rush and shore up the LB position (Hill is past his prime sadly).
    tubbs51
    NET Starter

• Would love to see Ray Horton run this D.....
    "I didn't do anything...i just headbutted him!"
    purpleworld
    NET Starter

• Before I didn't want Gus to go, but after today and seeing him call prevent D to lose the game, I'm not sure we really want or need him here. We have fast LBs that should be used on blitzes and yet they are wasted sitting in their zones in Gus's D.
    Sturm
    NET Veteran

• Gus's D has always played soft on 3rd downs and ends of halves. I won't be sorry to see him go, and don't think it will hurt us one bit.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• Just a question for all the arm chair QB's. How come when Bradley's name surfaced for head coaching interviews, most on this board said something to the effect that "PC is the mastermind behind the defence." Now that the defence played prevent and gave up the yardage for the field goal. How do you know it was'nt Pete's call to do prevent? Just remember guys its no ones fault they win as a team and lose as a team!
    bkit29
    NET Practice Squad

• Nope, it's Bradley's fault, sorry!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• prevent sucks

Pick the score, Seahawks edition - 1st Season
    http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96154

"Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Augusta, GA (Road Hawk)

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information