Worst part about losing to soft ATL

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:49 pm
  • NO one,
    quote me,
    no one will stop SF now.
    this is going to be a cake walk for sf at home.
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

Re: Worst part about losing to soft ATL
Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:50 pm
  • They didnt look very soft to me.

I think it will be a good game next weekend.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Game is in Atlanta.

But yes, agreed, this will be easy for SF
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• The game is in Atlanta.
    * NET Staff *

• The niners have to go to to Georgia now.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:51 pm
  • The game is going to be in Atlanta.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• they will win the SB and be cocky once again to start next season. All pundits will be on their sack. FML
    Once upon a time Little Red Manninghood,
    went for a walk in the forest.
    She was never seen again.
    End of story

*NorthHawk's view of SB XLVIII
    rpmischris
    NET Starter

• Seeker wrote:NO one,
    quote me,
    no one will stop SF now.

SF is not at home. Go Falcons
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:52 pm
  • my bad. can't think straight. this is a shocker.
    atl still gonna lose. niners got wind at their backs feeling safe with Keap after yesterday.

blowing a 20 point lead aint soft?
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:52 pm
    quote me,
    no one will stop SF now.

Good. I don't get why people want SF to lose. When we beat them next year it will be all the sweeter. I want to play and beat the best teams. Atanta doesn't qualify.
    formido
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:53 pm
  • The Falcons played physical today. They showed more toughness than we gave them credit for.
    Hawk n Load
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:54 pm
  • I wouldn't call that performance soft. They ran effectively, capitalizing on the loss of Clemons and they also stymied our run game. Run the ball + stop the run= wins in the NFL. But I don't see them beating SF. No way.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:55 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:Game is in Atlanta.

But yes, agreed, this will be easy for SF

Ya, unless Julio and Roddy play out of their minds from quick throws. The O-line and D-line is going to be dominated by the 49ers.
    strohmin
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:55 pm
  • So, if SF wins the superbowl, they lose depth and are unlikely to repeat next year, giving the Hawks the best chance. Where's the downside in that?
    fsmassey
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:56 pm
  • You are right. Atlanta is one dimensional (no running game) and Ryan is questionable under pressure. The Whiners are going to have their way with the dirty birds...
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:57 pm
  • I heard that the game might be in Atlanta...
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• I actually kind of want SF to crush ATL. I generally dislike lucky teams and Atlanta has had a very lucky season followed by a luck filled playoff game. SF deserves to be in the big game, and they represent our division. And it makes their pick lower. I think a best case scenario would be SF losing in the Superbowl while Kaepernick looks like a problem child the whole remaining way.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• First of all, We need to learn how to play 4 qtrs. We really havent all season long. Fall behind or flat for a qtr or a half. And to lose the way we did, just hurts. He missed that kick. But was able to get a feel for the hash by kicking at after a whistle. Bull is what that is. But we lost. nothing more to it. Im in a shitty mood and I have to cook for family I didnt know were coming. Not in the mood.
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:58 pm
  • First of all your team made it a Hellava game. The future is very bright for your young team and your rookie QB is the truth. He had the poise of a vet and he gave your team a chance to win the game.

Now, Soft?????? You have to be kidding me. We came out the first half and hit the Seahawks dead in the mouth. We were more physical and etc. Then we got conservative and your team made some plays and made a game and it all came from RW. How many yards did the so call Beast have again? We did the same thing to him last year and you call the Falcons soft. This win was supposed to be easy for you guys as well and you see what happened right? Come on, give credit where credit is due. Everyone said the Falcons can't run the ball and we can't stop the run. It sure didn't look that way. I don't count the yards from your QB but we did stop your backs.

The Seahawks are going to be a team to be reckon with in the coming years. All you need is a few more pieces. Looking forward to meeting again.
    ATLFalFan
    NET Bench Warmer

• I don't see it being a cakewalk for the ninnirs.

They are playing almost the exact same team 2 weeks in a row and will know more what to deal with..

Also the Falcons are really going to be fired up now after finally winning a playoff game and playing for the SB in their own house.

Remember what that was like?

I do
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• -- I also think the 9ers are a much better team than Atlanta, and that game starts at 12 noon. Plus the 9ers haven't traveled in a month, (although their last road game didn't turn out too well). If their game plan is Gore heavy, they will win. Can't believe I could end up having to root for the Pats. (Texans and Ravens I could stomach) Yuck.

-- Sorry Atlanta, I mean I will root for you first, next week, but real world here kids, San Fran is better, hell we are better (even you know that Falcon fan) but you earned today by having that #1 seed and home field. I will continue to hope that the best team doesn't always win and the the Falcons can slip past the 9ers. Go Falcons????

Mase
    Mase
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:59 pm
  • Just wanna say congrats for a strong season. You guys showed a lot more heart than I thought you had. Like I said the first time I saw RW3, dude is the truth and scary to think he's just a rookie.

And the game in ATL is by no means a cakewalk, their receiving core is legit. If they gave your secondary trouble, we def gonna need to step it up.
    49elite
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:03 pm
  • call ATL what you want.

The gamesheet is calling them "Winners".

I'd GLADLY take the term soft and be waiting for the NFCG game next week.

And now people want SF to win the SB? so next year we have to hear 6 SBs?

Wow. Our fanbase flipsflops with the best of them.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:07 pm
  • ATLFalFan wrote:First of all your team made it a Hellava game. The future is very bright for your young team and your rookie QB is the truth. He had the poise of a vet and he gave your team a chance to win the game.

Now, Soft?????? You have to be kidding me. We came out the first half and hit the Seahawks dead in the mouth. We were more physical and etc. Then we got conservative and your team made some plays and made a game and it all came from RW. How many yards did the so call Beast have again? We did the same thing to him last year and you call the Falcons soft. This win was supposed to be easy for you guys as well and you see what happened right? Come on, give credit where credit is due. Everyone said the Falcons can't run the ball and we can't stop the run. It sure didn't look that way. I don't count the yards from your QB but we did stop your backs.

The Seahawks are going to be a team to be reckon with in the coming years. All you need is a few more pieces. Looking forward to meeting again.

Why don't you just let us Seahawk fans vent a little bit. Congratulations to the falcons, you played three solid quarters and a great 30 seconds of the fourth. We played like crap until the 4th quarter and actually took the lead. I'm not a smack talking person but isn't giving up a 20 point lead in the second half considered at least a little soft?

I'm all for Atl running the table and winning big in each of their remaining games, but let us vent a little! :cussing:
    baumer64
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:08 pm
  • The Falcons defense is undeniably soft. It's a finesse defense, let's not pretend anything otherwise. That offense is rough and physical, though. Those receivers are tough dudes.

I'm rooting for the Falcons all the way now, though, unless they meet the Texans in the Superbowl.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:10 pm
    quote me,
    no one will stop SF now.

san fran aint home
    gdawg
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:10 pm
  • formido wrote:
    Seeker wrote:NO one,
    quote me,
    no one will stop SF now.

Good. I don't get why people want SF to lose. When we beat them next year it will be all the sweeter. I want to play and beat the best teams. Atanta doesn't qualify.

Because their coach is a MONSTER douche, their players (specifically Crabtree, Anthony Davis, Dashon Goldson, Vernon Davis, plus a few others) are also douches, and their fan base consists primarily of smug, jerkoff bandwagoners who love to talk about the Super Bowl's they won 25 years ago. They're our biggest rival and I hate them. The next best thing to Seattle winning is San Francisco losing. It'll feel good to beat them next year regardless, I don't need them to win a Super Bowl to feel better about it. I'm rooting hard for Atlanta next week and if SF happens to win I'll be rooting for whoever comes out of the AFC. I don't have NFC West "Pride" I have Seattle Seahawks pride. If SF, STL, and AZ lost every game outside the division for the remainder of time I'd be ecstatic.
    Last edited by TheHawkDoc on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    TheHawkDoc
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:12 pm
  • TheHawkDoc wrote:
    formido wrote:
    quote me,
    no one will stop SF now.

Because their coach is a MONSTER douche, their players (specifically Crabtree, Anthony Davis, Dashon Goldson, Vernon Davis, plus a few others) are also douches, their fan base consists primarily of smug, jerkoff bandwagoners who love to talk about the Super Bowl's they won 25 years ago, they're out biggest rival and we hate them. The next best thing to Seattle winning is San Francisco losing. It'll feel good to beat them next year regardless, I don't need them to win a Super Bowl to feel better about it. I'm rooting hard for Atlanta next week and if SF happens to win I'll be rooting for whoever comes out of the AFC. I don't have NFC West "Pride" I have Seattle Seahawks pride. If SF, STL, and AZ lost every game outside the division for the remainder of time I'd be ecstatic.

:13: Thank you. Post of the day part 2. Fans actually want the Niners to win another SB before we get our first? Wow.
    Last edited by NJSeaHawk on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:13 pm
  • I wouldnt call them soft. Especially on offense. Their defense was a lot like ours. Not soft but missing a pass rush. And shinning in spots.
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:15 pm
  • TheHawkDoc wrote:
    formido wrote:
    quote me,
    no one will stop SF now.

Because their coach is a MONSTER douche, their players (specifically Crabtree, Anthony Davis, Dashon Goldson, Vernon Davis, plus a few others) are also douches, and their fan base consists primarily of smug, jerkoff bandwagoners who love to talk about the Super Bowl's they won 25 years ago. They're our biggest rival and I hate them. The next best thing to Seattle winning is San Francisco losing. It'll feel good to beat them next year regardless, I don't need them to win a Super Bowl to feel better about it. I'm rooting hard for Atlanta next week and if SF happens to win I'll be rooting for whoever comes out of the AFC. I don't have NFC West "Pride" I have Seattle Seahawks pride. If SF, STL, and AZ lost every game outside the division for the remainder of time I'd be ecstatic.

I'm all of that as well. Screw the NFC west and screw the Pac-12. If my team's not winning, I don't want any of them to win. They are the enemy and thanks to the idiots Snyder and Shanahan...we can now start worrying about St. Louis.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:16 pm
  • There is nothing funnier that seeing someone say "you know our team is better" after their team lost. Please, continue.

Atlanta won 13 games this year and they just bounced your team from the playoffs. I think we know who is better.
    ThrowItToJulio
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:19 pm
  • Now the trolls show up... Damn rednecks were laying low in their trailer houses before the game.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:22 pm
  • i am NOT cheering for sf. just stating that this team is super beatable. if seahawks don't spot them 20 that game is ours. 28 points in the second quarter?

we need to win our division. thats what it really is.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:31 pm
  • Worst part about losing to soft ATL

stuff like this that they put on facebook. F' the haters
    sig by Ramster
    The Battle #83
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:37 pm

lol at all the seahawks haters. They are scared of this team's future
    sig by Ramster
    The Battle #83
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:42 pm
  • The Battle #83 wrote:

stuff like this that they put on facebook. F' the haters

I'm red-in-the-face angry, but that's pretty damn good. :lol:
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:04 pm
  • I WOULDVE loved the Seahawks to win on another Hail Mary..mass computers and TVs being broken in GB
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:06 pm
  • Let's not knock an opponent after a loss. What does that say about our team for losing to a "soft AtL" team?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:07 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:Let's not knock an opponent after a loss. What does that say about our team for losing to a "soft AtL" team?

that we are envious and mad we didnt win? lol

it happens...we are just dealing with the loss. But namecalling does nothing.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:09 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:Let's not knock an opponent after a loss. What does that say about our team for losing to a "soft AtL" team?

It says that our team unfortunately blew it today.

Doesn't make the comment about Atlanta any less true.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:19 pm
  • baumer64 wrote:
    ATLFalFan wrote:First of all your team made it a Hellava game. The future is very bright for your young team and your rookie QB is the truth. He had the poise of a vet and he gave your team a chance to win the game.

Why don't you just let us Seahawk fans vent a little bit. Congratulations to the falcons, you played three solid quarters and a great 30 seconds of the fourth. We played like crap until the 4th quarter and actually took the lead. I'm not a smack talking person but isn't giving up a 20 point lead in the second half considered at least a little soft?

I'm all for Atl running the table and winning big in each of their remaining games, but let us vent a little! :cussing:

Blowing a 20 point isn't soft. It's called not stepping on your throat when you have a team down and missing tackles which caused us a few games this year. Plus it's called "Your rookie QB playing lights out in the 4th quarter" and giving his team a chance.
    ATLFalFan
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:23 pm
  • MidwestHawker wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:Let's not knock an opponent after a loss. What does that say about our team for losing to a "soft AtL" team?

It says that our team unfortunately blew it today.

Doesn't make the comment about Atlanta any less true.

Their team showed they were NOT soft. They held Marshawn to 46 yards and we're supposed to be epitome of a hard-nosed tough team. They were just as physical if not more.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:25 pm
  • Falcons fans need to understand that finesse and soft are interchangeable. That defense is not a physical smash mouth unit, they're soft/finesse. They still beat us. Don't get the issue here.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:32 pm
  • I just wanted to say that I did not come across a single Seahawks fan before, during, or after the game who wasn't extremely classy. I'm glad a good bit of you are at least giving us a little bit of credit for winning the game. Not many of our opponents' fans have.

RW is a hell of a player.
    theoaklandphenom
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 pm
  • All the motivation for the Falcons prior to this game, was the fact that they can't win a playoff game. Now that they have proved they CAN win a playoff game, and they've got the monkey off their back, the motivation is gone. San Francisco will win next week, and more than likely win the SB.
    How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb?

None, they will all show and talk about how good the old one was...
    hawker232
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:59 pm
  • hawker232 wrote:All the motivation for the Falcons prior to this game, was the fact that they can't win a playoff game. Now that they have proved they CAN win a playoff game, and they've got the monkey off their back, the motivation is gone. San Francisco will win next week, and more than likely win the SB.

Good point. Professional football players don't have any motivation to win conference championship games.
    ThrowItToJulio
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:05 pm
  • Not sure you can claim a team is soft when they shut down your cowbell running back. I can see being disappointed but this reeks of sour grapes. As much crap we were putting out (as fans will always do) just seems like time to man up, eat crow and roll up the flag and leave the battlefield.

Sucks and what-ifs make it worse, but Falcons responded to what had to be a deflating TD with clutch plays of their own. Tip my hat and hope some good football continues for those left.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:06 pm
  • If we're soft and dropped 20 on you, what does that say about the Seahawks?

C'mon now, we played tough, hard, went conservative and made a few bad mistakes which let the Hawks back in the game, then got lucky at the end.

What's so special about the 49ers when they're practically the same team, except a less skilled QB and DBs.
    JustCallMeJonesy
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:08 pm
  • Their pass rush can make Matt Ryan cry.

pinksheets
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:31 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information