Wenhawk wrote:Top 10 Wants/Needs
1. Pass Rush DT (Upgrade J.Jones)
2. 3 Down DE (Upgrade Big Red/replace Clemons)
3. Big/Fast WR (Upgrade Tate on the opposite of Rice)
4. Pass Catching TE (Upgrade Mccoy)
5. OLB (Upgrade Hill/Smith)
6. OT (Backup for Okung, can he stay healthy another full season)
7. K (upgrade Hauska)
8. CB (Competition for Lane/Maxwell depth to let Tru retire)
9. OG (competition for Moffit/Sweezey/Carpenter)
10. MLB (more LB depth)
Hell, if we simply had Jason Jones OR Clemons available for this game, we probably win. Just improving the depth of our pass rushing capability would do it. One well timed sack to stall a Falcons drive, and we are on our way to SF for the NFC title game. We don't have to get a J.J. Watt to make the difference, just a Jason Jones or Chris Clemons equivalent who is on the field would do, and yeah, a Red Bryant replacement who can rush the passer.
Even just another couple of PC/JS's 5th or 7th round gems addressing DL needs would put us over the top. Not saying we can't be greedy, just that the margin of improvement we need is so small.
Hell, if we win one more game, Miami or Arizona opener, or Detroit, that translates into a win in this playoff game, because it's in Seattle at the Clink instead of at the Georgia done. Everything else the same, we easily win this game at the CLink.