Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
This is why you have to start off strong with play calling. Not the idiocy you start every game with that ends up giving the opposition a lead. I hope you go to Chicago, or anywhere but here.

UGH. We so should have had this damned game.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Bevell fumbled the football?

Pete should have taken the field goal.

I dunno who took the time out but I doubt it was Bevell.

Mjolnir

Reaction score
Too harsh.
Some of the design plays are excellent. They are built around Wilson's strengths nicely. The offense didn't really lose this game. Our defense mostly did.

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
Falcons owned first half, Seahawks owned second half. Could've easily been the other way around. Great game, guys. We'll try to take care of SF for ya.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
entirely too conservative in the first half, I agree.

Russell Wilson just had his best game and it was wasted because he wasn't allowed to play his game until we were already down by 3 scores.

Hawk n Load

Reaction score
Playcalling is harder than it looks. I also feel woulda coulda shoulda for this game, but the Falcons were absolutely out of their minds in stopping Lynch early, which made it a one-armed contest for a while. The fact that this team clawed back into it places Bevell ahead of someone like the sainted Mike Holmgren, who almost never figured out how to claw out of a whole if the original scheme failed.

Mr9erComeNPeace

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":3fxzjlv3 said:
Bevell fumbled the football?

Pete should have taken the field goal.

I dunno who took the time out but I doubt it was Bevell.

i asked my buddy who is a hawks fan why the hell didn't pete kick the 3 earlier... wtf the score was 10-0 ?

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
I didn't think our play calling was bad on offense. However, when there were 31 seconds left after we went up, I turned to my wife and said "I hope our defense doesn't play soft and let them get in field goal position" - and that's exactly what happened.

Also, not sure what PC was upset about after the timeout, because in the replay he clearly told the line judge to take a time out at the last second.

jdblack

Reaction score
Agreed. He lost this game for us, and lost regular season games for us. He is just bad at playcalling a quarterback like Russell Wilson. He has stated in interviews that he struggles to NOT hold Russell Wilson back. We need someone who is able to help Wilson grow, not someone who is neutral at best.

It is true that other players and coaches could have done things that would enabled us to win - that is always true. HOWEVER, Bevell is the only one who performed at a level that any schmuck off the street could perform at. He needs to go.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
We missed so many opportunities to run the read, I don't know if that was Wilson not pulling or what.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Austin Hawk":31hcxz43 said:
I didn't think our play calling was bad on offense. However, when there were 31 seconds left after we went up, I turned to my wife and said "I hope our defense doesn't play soft and let them get in field goal position" - and that's exactly what happened.

Also, not sure what PC was upset about after the timeout, because in the replay he clearly told the line judge to take a time out at the last second.

Gus dialed it up, we had no pressure today without Clem. Clearly Irvin still needs to grow and develop into an every down DE, and not Having Clem in there to contain the run and pressure early passing situations really hurt us today.

Zowert

Reaction score
Really.. The game was ridiculously close. If the Hawks won, this thread wouldn't have even been thought of.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1tfps0vg said:
Bevell called a really good game imo. Players didnt execute in the 1st half. Simple as that.

In the second half, yes. He has been doing this for so many games. His first 20 game minutes of play-calling were, as they have been in recent games, absolute vanilla garbage which is why we score nothing the first quarter and get down like we did in Washington, and again here. If he had called the first half the same as the second half, we have a comfortable win. He is too damned stupid to go for the throat to start a game. Look what we did today, 3-and-out with a run-run-pass. Gee, Atlanta's defense never knew what hit them.

I will be livid if Bevell is still calling plays here next year. The dude does not know how to plan to start a game for the life of him. You can only do that vanilla garbage if you have the offensive personnel to execute it at an elite level. We don't, not even close.

Let's be realistic and honest, here. Bevell called a good half, and this time, it wasn't enough to make up for his garbage first half.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Zowert":k7yk3izg said:
Really.. The game was ridiculously close. If the Hawks won, this thread wouldn't have even been thought of.

No, I said in the 3rd quarter in the chat room that his first half was total garbage at play calling. It was. Not even arguable.

Axx

Reaction score
Gus Bradley, This does not surprise me, we lost in the same fashion that lost to Detroit and Miami in this zone soft shit..

I dont even know what to say

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I can't understand how you place so much blame on the offesnive play-calling. That is the biggest scapegoat for poor execution - which was rampant on defense and offense in the first half.