Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:02 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Do some of you guys not see the pattern, here? Bevell's vanilla play-calling gets us down early against good teams, like D.C. last week and Atlanta this week, then he turns it up and starts calling a good game. It was enough to win with last week, but not this week.

    If Bevell cannot learn how to be AGGRESSIVE from the beginning, he needs to get the hell out. What, you think it's a coincidence we spend the second half of practically every game marching down the field at will, while we spend the first half of most of them looking like the Three Stooges on offense? Give me a break.

    It's the offensive play-calling that was our biggest weakness in the postseason this year. Hands down. Other things hurt, no doubt about it; like Lynch's fumbles, and our O-line's blocking. None so large as Bevell's first-half play-calling habits, though. It's the sore thumb that sticks out.


    i'm with you roland, i agree 100% and it's frustrating as hell... i am not a fan of Bevell at all...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4058
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:07 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Darrell Bevell is doing a great job and I hope he continues to do a great job for this team. Last thing Russell Wilson needs is a different coordinator every year.


    i agree with the last part, however i don't feel like he did a great job all season.. he had great moments...and he's had vanilla ice cream moments.. he has got to stop with the ground chuck starts to the game and mix it up more, everybody in that stadium and watching tv knew robinson was getting that ball on 4 and 1, why because he runs the same 4th and 1 play every time.... just my 1 1/4 cents.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4058
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:10 am
  • This madness needs to stop, now! Good god people, this is starting to reach epic-levels of stupidness.
    User avatar
    bigdaddydave
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 121
    Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:26 am


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:11 am
  • SouthSoundHawk wrote:Love how everyone was super stoked about how the Defense performed this year, and now they want blood for one loss against a really good team. Oh dot net... time to leave the boards for awhile...


    ...let all the dummies make their ridiculous threads, only to disappear until next season.


    See you soon .netters that actually have something worth while to say! Super excited about the draft, time to reload and get ready for another run.


    who's been stoked about how the defense has been playing.. how long you been around here? only reason i asked is because, this board has been more critical of the way the defense has been playing then anything else... the defense was somewhat of a disappointment in my opinion this year..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4058
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:23 am
  • [/quote]

    who's been stoked about how the defense has been playing.. how long you been around here? only reason i asked is because, this board has been more critical of the way the defense has been playing then anything else... the defense was somewhat of a disappointment in my opinion this year..[/quote]

    How are you disappointed in the way the defense played when we were the #1 ranked defense in the NFL?! Good god, you can't be serious.
    User avatar
    bigdaddydave
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 121
    Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:26 am


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:40 am
  • hawker84 wrote:
    SouthSoundHawk wrote:Love how everyone was super stoked about how the Defense performed this year, and now they want blood for one loss against a really good team. Oh dot net... time to leave the boards for awhile...


    ...let all the dummies make their ridiculous threads, only to disappear until next season.


    See you soon .netters that actually have something worth while to say! Super excited about the draft, time to reload and get ready for another run.


    who's been stoked about how the defense has been playing.. how long you been around here? only reason i asked is because, this board has been more critical of the way the defense has been playing then anything else... the defense was somewhat of a disappointment in my opinion this year..



    I posted that opinion in the wrong thread. Mean't to put it in that "Prevent D" as a liability thread.


    Dotnet tells people when members signed up, granted it doesn't state how long I've been a lurker, and has NOTHING to do with this thread. Who cares how long anyone's been here? Attack the post, not the poster. :roll:


    Being disappointed in the defense is pretty silly. But, we all have reason why to like something or to not like something. As a whole, this defense put up an amazing season. :3-1:


    The offense on the other hand was rocky at first, as we watched it evolve into what it did in Atlanta...I'd say the team has a great foundation to build off of.
    Image

    Go Hawks.
    User avatar
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2235
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:23 am
  • Out of Bradley and Bevell, we need Bevell to return.. Offensive continuity is so important with developing a QB.
    User avatar
    Kamcussion
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 344
    Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:38 pm


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:27 am
  • Hawknballs wrote:entirely too conservative in the first half, I agree.

    Russell Wilson just had his best game and it was wasted because he wasn't allowed to play his game until we were already down by 3 scores.


    Are you freakin' kidding me? Don't be ridiculous. We weren't conservative we moved the ball all day long but we just got bogged down on their side of the field. Should we have taken the FG-- yes in retrospect we should have. The fact is offense was moving the ball all day long. The Lynch fumble really hurt our early momentum.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2472
    Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:53 am
  • cesame wrote:This is probably the worst thread made today.

    The Seahawks had close to 200 yards of offense in the 1at half. A Marshawn Lynch fumble, Pete not taking the pts on 4th and 1 and Russell taking a sack is the reason the Seahawls didn't score a pt in the 1st half. Bevell is HARDLY the idiot here.

    Besides, the defense absolutely crapped the bed in the first half (even Sherman gave up a huge TD pass). And in the end it was the defense that failed the team.

    People can blame coordinators all they want this game, but I put most of this on the players simply not making plays and instead making mistakes.

    Lynch fubmle
    Russell taking a sack
    Chancellor out of position
    Earl Thomas getting trucked by Rodgers

    We need to stop acting like the players are robots and perform their duties perfectly, and that the only reason they fail is because the coordinators put them in a bad position. Horse crap. The players were simply getting outplayed in the 1st half by the other team and compounded the problem by making some big mistakes. Also, the coach that had the worst day was Carroll, not any of the coordinators.

    All that said, this is a young team and they will undoubtedly only grow from this.


    This is a beautiful story and all of that, but despite all of these mistakes, we would have put 40+ points on the Falcons if we simply called the first half the same way we called the second half. No amount of excuses, or pointing out of mistakes, will change that fact.

    Bevell called a vanilla first half in Washington, and we got the win. He did it again in Atlanta, and we didn't. Sure, we still could have won by taking that field goal, Marshawn not fumbling, etc.; mistakes were made. Mistakes get made every game. However, there is no excuse for Bevell's habit of calling a bland, predictable first half when we see he's clearly capable of more because he does more in the second half. Those things you listed, they're individual plays that we screwed up on. Bevelled screwed up an entire half of the game, essentially. That is a much larger deal than any individual single play.

    Also, lol @ Cesame of all people, bashing this thread.

    Honestly, after watching our offense absolutely have their way with the defenses in two straight games in the second halves of those games, but sputtering to get any points and looking mostly anemic in those first halves, how do you not see the disparity in play-calling? How many run-run-passes did we run in the second half yesterday? If you recall, it's what we started on offense with after Atlanta got their first TD. Well, run-run-pass-PUNT, to be more specific. Their defense knew it was coming.

    jlwaters1 wrote:Are you freakin' kidding me? Don't be ridiculous. We weren't conservative we moved the ball all day long but we just got bogged down on their side of the field. Should we have taken the FG-- yes in retrospect we should have. The fact is offense was moving the ball all day long. The Lynch fumble really hurt our early momentum.

    You are being ridiculous. We punted several times in the first half, and what, once in the second half? I don't remember for certain, I need to re-watch the game, but it's too soon for that. Yes, Lynch's fumble cost us big-time, and we should have taken the field goal; but we had several offensive sputters in the first half. Stop seeing only what you want to see. We did not move the ball all day long, we moved it about 2/3rds of the "day long" at most, and that includes the entire second half.

    Darrell Bevell is clearly capable of being a very good play-caller. The question is, why is it only in the second half of games? That's the aggravating part. Look at the number of drives we've had the past two games in only the second halves where we march down the field in like 3 damn minutes, with Wilson throwing strikes all over the place. We need to START games doing that, and then we'll be unstoppable.

    Also, again, if Pete wanted to he could replace Bevell and not the system. I'm not saying that's what we should do or that it's the optimal situation, but it IS an option. Bevell certainly has the chance to improve next year, assuming he's still here; let's see if he does it. If we start out sputtering with bland up-the-gut runs followed by a 3rd-down pass attempt in the first game next year, I'll probably scream. *sigh*
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26912
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:03 am
  • jlwaters1 wrote:Are you freakin' kidding me? Don't be ridiculous. We weren't conservative we moved the ball all day long but we just got bogged down on their side of the field. Should we have taken the FG-- yes in retrospect we should have. The fact is offense was moving the ball all day long. The Lynch fumble really hurt our early momentum.


    Moving the ball all day doesn't mean we were playing optimally. It was "good" in the first half, but it was fantastic in the second half.

    Our run offense is good, but IMO our passing offense has been at least as good ever since Wilson had the whole playbook open to him. The fact that the Falcons' came out stacking 8 or 9 in the box on the very first play completely tilts things in favor of passing.
    jdblack
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 374
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:12 pm


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:08 am
  • I think at home, we start more aggressively, at the road, we try to slow the game in the first half, so that the offense is more efficient rather than be aggressive. Crowd noise, body clock all impact play calling. The idea is to slow down the game to our pace and control the offense rather than try to do deep throws that are low percentage and loss of downs and giving the ball back to the opponent. I like the play calling, I think we just did not execute. What I think now that the team plays well on the road, we should be aggressive from the get go.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 658
    Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:15 pm


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:16 am
  • bigdaddydave wrote:


    who's been stoked about how the defense has been playing.. how long you been around here? only reason i asked is because, this board has been more critical of the way the defense has been playing then anything else... the defense was somewhat of a disappointment in my opinion this year..[/quote]

    How are you disappointed in the way the defense played when we were the #1 ranked defense in the NFL?! Good god, you can't be serious.[/quote]

    how many games has our O taken the lead, just to watch our defense crumble and lose the game, you been watching at all this season..? our run D was week all year barring a couple games... our d pass rush was non existant even with clemons in there barring a couple games.. ya we had the #1 scoring D, but our d crumbled at Key times all season, and lost us games, just like yesterday...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4058
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:24 am
  • Why is Bevell the only one getting bashed for this? Don't get me wrong, he makes me want to rip my hair out at times and I personally wouldn't be upset in the slightest if he were to leave, but he's not the only problem. Cable gets held up on a pedestal, yet our o-line consistently sucks (they barely blocked the 3 rushers on the Hail Mary vs. Atlanta). I do however understand that he has done a lot with unknown guys, so perhaps it has more to do with talent. My main issue is Carroll. For most people on this board, if you say anything bad about him, it's blasphemy. I call BS. Carroll had said multiple times that he dictates what Bevell is allowed to call. So why is he getting a pass all the time? Pete has done a lot with this team and for this team. But he's done plenty to hurt them as well. And before you pull the "look at where this team was before he got here and where they are now" card, he's not the only one calling shots. Schneider is a HUGE cog in the decision making. Pete got us Lendale White and Charlie Whitehurst. Schneider got us Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson. If not for Schneider, Wilson would not be a part of this team.... And yes I realize I'm simply picking a couple of players for my point, but those 4 players show how important Schneider is...

    Pete needs to stop playing "to not lose games" and begin playing to win every game.
    Last edited by rsRyno on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Image
    User avatar
    rsRyno
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 32
    Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:15 pm
    Location: Clarkston, WA


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:38 am
  • and SouthSound i wasn't attacking you at all, i was actually curious how long you have been on the boards, because people have been complaining about the D let downs all year... yes we were all happy with the D as a whole, but there have been plenty of let downs in Key areas throughout the season , so to say we've been stoked about the D all season would be misleading... detroit, miami, SF , Minn, Wash, ATL to name a couple.. all those teams at one point shoved the ball down our throat at will...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4058
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:10 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Bevell called a really good game imo. Players didnt execute in the 1st half. Simple as that.


    Yep. You don't roll up almost 500 yards of offense due to poor play calling.

    The only exception I had with the play calling was the two straight runs in the 2nd qtr which resulted in turning the ball over on downs.

    1. Not one of the runs up the middle involved Lynch.
    2. I would have liked to see a rollout or play action on one of those plays.

    We hadn't had ANY success running up the gut all game long til that point. Therefore I didn't like trying to stuff it up the middle twice.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4013
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:24 am
  • My hope is that over the offseason Bevell has a chance to review the inconsistencies in our offense and shore up his approach. He has definitely improved over the course of the season so I have faith he can correct his inconsistencies and what I see as tunnel vision at times
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8846
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:38 am
  • sometimes good plays dont work.

    That does not make Bevell an idiot.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9882
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:44 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Yep. You don't roll up almost 500 yards of offense due to poor play calling.

    Dude, look at the drive chart for the game. There's a strong assertion to be made that we had poor play-calling in the first half based solely off of that, even. We got most of our yards in the second half. You know, when we actually got aggressive on offense.

    Yards on offense by half:
    1st half: 184 yards
    2nd half: 299 yards.

    Significantly more chain-moving in the 2nd half. The Washington game had a more even yardage-gain set of numbers by half, but it's really skewed like: 1st quarter OMG nothing, we actually finished with -2 yards, then 2nd/3rd/4th quarters, lot of yards.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26912
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:45 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:sometimes good plays dont work.

    That does not make Bevell an idiot.


    I completely agree, Dom. Problem is, Bevell is lacking in the "calling good plays" department in the first halves of games compared to the second halves.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26912
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:49 am
  • Poor Bevell - in one brief season he has gone from a blithering idiot to a genius and now back to a mouth breather who needs the drool wiped off his chin for him. The D gives up a lead with about 30 seconds left in the game and the ball on the Falcon's 27 yard line. Yeah, you're absolutely right - its all Bevell's fault.
    canfan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 148
    Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:11 pm


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:52 am
  • rsRyno wrote:Why is Bevell the only one getting bashed for this? Don't get me wrong, he makes me want to rip my hair out at times and I personally wouldn't be upset in the slightest if he were to leave, but he's not the only problem. Cable gets held up on a pedestal, yet our o-line consistently sucks (they barely blocked the 3 rushers on the Hail Mary vs. Atlanta). I do however understand that he has done a lot with unknown guys, so perhaps it has more to do with talent. My main issue is Carroll. For most people on this board, if you say anything bad about him, it's blasphemy. I call BS. Carroll had said multiple times that he dictates what Bevell is allowed to call. So why is he getting a pass all the time? Pete has done a lot with this team and for this team. But he's done plenty to hurt them as well. And before you pull the "look at where this team was before he got here and where they are now" card, he's not the only one calling shots. Schneider is a HUGE cog in the decision making. Pete got us Lendale White and Charlie Whitehurst. Schneider got us Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson. If not for Schneider, Wilson would not be a part of this team.... And yes I realize I'm simply picking a couple of players for my point, but those 4 players show how important Schneider is...

    Pete needs to stop playing "to not lose games" and begin playing to win every game.


    How amazing!! Schneider picks all the good players and Pete handpicks all the bums! Guess we need to take away his key to the executive washroom! :roll:
    canfan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 148
    Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:11 pm


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:53 am
  • canfan wrote:Poor Bevell - in one brief season he has gone from a blithering idiot to a genius and now back to a mouth breather who needs the drool wiped off his chin for him. The D gives up a lead with about 30 seconds left in the game and the ball on the Falcon's 27 yard line. Yeah, you're absolutely right - its all Bevell's fault.


    Intelligent post.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26912
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:03 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Yep. You don't roll up almost 500 yards of offense due to poor play calling.

    Dude, look at the drive chart for the game. There's a strong assertion to be made that we had poor play-calling in the first half based solely off of that, even. We got most of our yards in the second half. You know, when we actually got aggressive on offense.

    Yards on offense by half:
    1st half: 184 yards
    2nd half: 299 yards.

    Significantly more chain-moving in the 2nd half. The Washington game had a more even yardage-gain set of numbers by half, but it's really skewed like: 1st quarter OMG nothing, we actually finished with -2 yards, then 2nd/3rd/4th quarters, lot of yards.


    That's why you take the entire game into account when you're talking about stats, and not just criticize the first half plays.

    This game was not lost because of Bevell's play calling. This game was lost because our defense couldn't stop the Falcons pretty much the entire game. Period.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4013
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:22 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:That's why you take the entire game into account when you're talking about stats, and not just criticize the first half plays.

    This game was not lost because of Bevell's play calling. This game was lost because our defense couldn't stop the Falcons pretty much the entire game. Period.


    I am taking the entire game into account. The defense did not play well; but as I said before, if we had called plays in the first half as we did in the second, we'd have had like 45 points. Comfortable win. You can re-assign blame all you want, but this thread is about Bevell and his vanilla first halves, specifically.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26912
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:41 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote: if we had called plays in the first half as we did in the second, we'd have had like 45 points. Comfortable win. You can re-assign blame all you want, but this thread is about Bevell and his vanilla first halves, specifically.


    You're assuming Atlanta was playing the same defense in the first half as they were in the 2nd. But they weren't.

    The Falcons were stacking up against the run in the first half, which is why Lynch couldn't do anything. In the 2nd half they went to a softer zone which allowed us to complete all those intermediate 10-15 yard passes.

    So if you're going to criticize Bevell's first half play calling, you have to take into account what the Falcons were doing. The play calling in the 2nd half would not have worked in the first half because Atlanta was not playing the same defense, they were playing tighter D.

    Besides, we moved the ball just fine in the first half, we just couldn't score. That's execution.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4013
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 pm
  • Prior to the game the Hawks were great at running the ball...Atlanta, crappy at stopping it.

    Prior to the game Atlanta was crappy at running the ball, us , good at stopping it.

    The game?...a total reversal of all of that.
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 25551
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Mmmmm...Roasted Cardinal


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:50 pm
  • I wish the OP had said "Darrell Bevell, your an idiot" .... would have made this thread more enjoyable.
    P-Rich fo life
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2635
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:12 pm
  • canfan wrote:
    rsRyno wrote:Why is Bevell the only one getting bashed for this? Don't get me wrong, he makes me want to rip my hair out at times and I personally wouldn't be upset in the slightest if he were to leave, but he's not the only problem. Cable gets held up on a pedestal, yet our o-line consistently sucks (they barely blocked the 3 rushers on the Hail Mary vs. Atlanta). I do however understand that he has done a lot with unknown guys, so perhaps it has more to do with talent. My main issue is Carroll. For most people on this board, if you say anything bad about him, it's blasphemy. I call BS. Carroll had said multiple times that he dictates what Bevell is allowed to call. So why is he getting a pass all the time? Pete has done a lot with this team and for this team. But he's done plenty to hurt them as well. And before you pull the "look at where this team was before he got here and where they are now" card, he's not the only one calling shots. Schneider is a HUGE cog in the decision making. Pete got us Lendale White and Charlie Whitehurst. Schneider got us Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson. If not for Schneider, Wilson would not be a part of this team.... And yes I realize I'm simply picking a couple of players for my point, but those 4 players show how important Schneider is...

    Pete needs to stop playing "to not lose games" and begin playing to win every game.


    How amazing!! Schneider picks all the good players and Pete handpicks all the bums! Guess we need to take away his key to the executive washroom! :roll:


    *sigh*

    Why is that some people insist on picking out only one minor thing that was said and try to bash it? I didn't say Carroll hasn't had a ton to do with the roster. I was purely trying show that saying he's been the one to turn this team's roster over isn't correct. He and Schneider both have a say in personnel. I was hoping to cut off the people giving Carroll all the credit. Guess I should've known there would be at least one person on here that can't read and understand an entire post. My post was about it not all being on Bevell. Carroll has a big hand in the offensive scheme.
    Image
    User avatar
    rsRyno
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 32
    Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:15 pm
    Location: Clarkston, WA


Re: Darrell Bevell, you're an idiot.
Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:51 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Prior to the game the Hawks were great at running the ball...Atlanta, crappy at stopping it.

    Prior to the game Atlanta was crappy at running the ball, us , good at stopping it.

    The game?...a total reversal of all of that.



    This
    ATLFalFan
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 18
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:28 pm


Previous


It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:00 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information