*If* we get to the Super Bowl

Reaction score
After seeing the Ravens gritty win tonight, if we both end up making the Super Bowl, does anybody else besides me think that the Ray Lewis retirement party/last game ever will be more intolerable than Jerome Bettis coming "home" to Detroit for Super Bowl XL?

sutz

Reaction score
Yep. Oh well, just another thing to overcome.

OP
OP
MissoulaHawkFan
Reaction score
sutz, I agree -- which is kinda why I'm rooting for Baltimore to not make it, even though we probably match up well against them.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I don't think the media liked Bettis nearly as much as they like Ray Lewis. But there is no "homecoming" story and people in general don't believe Ray Lewis is really retiring. He even kind of backed off of it a day later to some. So... I think it's way different circumstances.

I think a much bigger story would have been Super-Peyton's miraculous recovery and the parallels between that and his home town of New Orleans recovery. I am so damned glad Denver is out. I know the media had Peyton/Katrina parallel pieces already made. D-bags.

OP
OP
MissoulaHawkFan
Reaction score
Sharkhawk - I agree with you also. The whole game I was like...blah, if Ray Lewis gets to the Super Bowl, it will be intolerable...then 2 seconds later I was bound and determined that having the Payton Manning comeback story would be worse...I spent the whole game waffling!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Was rooting for Baltimore, we match up much better against them. They also have a QB who is very inconsistent.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
The good thing is that it wasn't the AFC Championship, so it isn't a huge worry now. :) Of course... I think we have to worry about the Hawks winning, but even if they don't, I wouldn't have been able to stomach a Broncos superbowl. I can stand the Ravens because Paul Kruger was my neighbor as he grew up and he was the star QB at the high school a block from my house (that we just moved out of after many years). Paul is an amazing kid. Really hard worker (came back from his deathbed after being attacked and stabbed dozens of times), and just a real inspiration. My son attended the preschool that they have at Paul's high school and the Kruger kids were always awesome to the "Wee Wolves" so I can vote for him. Haloti Ngata is also from here and when I get free time I go and volunteer up in the schools he attended as a kid (west side of Salt Lake). To top it all off... Dennis Pitta is a BYU kid and really is one of the coolest, most down to earth people you'll meet in your entire life. He was a great player at BYU that got the Bruce Irvin/Russell Wilson treatment at draft time (they said he wasn't physical enough to play TE). He has only gone out and been one of the best TE's in football. So yeah... I can get behind that team, even with the Ray Lewis stupidity. At least they have 3 really cool guys on their team, and two (Kruger and Ngata) are kids that I've followed since they were about age 12 (literally... I saw them at a BYU camp in junior high... Paul was going to be THE next great BYU QB and ended up playing DE at Utah!).

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Austin Hawk":1dad727l said:
It's a moot point - no way in Hell the Ravens beat New England in Foxboro next week.

two reasons this is ridiculous

1. Everyone said the same thing about them going into Mile High and winning

2. if I were a Texans fan I would hate you.

Seahawks are my number 1 team . and even tho it aint close Ravens are my 2nd team. Ray lewis has alot to do with that

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
That Broncos safety who made the worst defensive play I think I've ever seen in a playoff game... he probably needs to have a sleepless night tonight. Denver had that game won.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Ray Lewis has that same Jerome Bettis baby-kissing phoney vibe for me, especially after I saw him in court. He just irked me. He seemed so creepy in that whole situation. Like he didn't even care and whatever, let me get back to my rich millionaire life and stop wasting my time. Who cares if two men are dead... I've got a nice suit dammit.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
pfft, we're in Beast Mode right now, take down whoever is in our way, no prisoners!

Rat

Reaction score
The difference is that Ray Lewis is actually a good player and a quality contributor to his team, not a washed-up compiler who is maybe the 50th most important player to his team's success. Lewis would be a much more legitimate storyline.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Rat":1kac45cg said:
The difference is that Ray Lewis is actually a good player and a quality contributor to his team, not a washed-up compiler who is maybe the 50th most important player to his team's success. Lewis would be a much more legitimate storyline.

Why are you talking about Marcus Allen? :179422:

Chapman

Reaction score
Who the hell is forcing Steve2222 to read this?
Not me, chill out dude. The OP brings up a valid point.
At least its not another uniform thread.

OP
OP
MissoulaHawkFan
Reaction score
I can understand where Steve2222 is coming from a bit, however, I think this years Hawks are good enough to overcome things like that. I'm just not looking forward to the drooling of the media over whoever we end up playing.

OP
OP
MissoulaHawkFan
Reaction score
Also, since the 49ers won, you can bet espn and every media's brother is jonesing for a douchebaugh v. douchebaugh super bowl.

Latest posts