Have your feelings changed during the week?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • On Monday, I thought I was going to be content with where the team is and with a possible loss this weekend. (I didn't want to lose, but I thought I could handle it.) Today, I want to win, and I want to win bad (Not badly. No bad wins). The NFC Championship game is so close I can almost taste it, and, after seeing the tweets from the Seahawks, a win feels palpable.

So, what about you? How has your mood swung (or not swung) during the week?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Kind of went from feeling like we were playing the house money to wanting this more than anything!
    travlinhawk
    NET Starter

• If you would have told me before the season, we'd be 11-5 and win a play-off game, I'd have been content.

But right now... I want more, this team is good. Very good. And looking at the rest of the teams left in the playoffs, we're just as good. We've already beaten NE, SF, GB this year, we can hang with these teams.

With a little luck this team could win it all. The potential is there, so yea I want more.
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• I believe we can win and I think we will win.

That being said if for some reason we don't win then all I see is a full offseason of Russell Wilson knowing he's the man. We've seen what he can do when he's splitting offseason reps 3 ways and having to win the job; I can't wait to see what Russell Wilson can do with a full offseason of 0 doubts, working with Rice, Tate, and Baldwin.

I almost hate to think that way, it sounds like a 'silver lining' if we lose even though I think we win. I'm just totally excited about the future of this team. We've accomplished more this year than I expected but more importantly there's 0 doubt that this franchise is on the right track with the right GM, Coach, QB, and overall philosophy.

The most important thing about this team is none of the stuff they say is just talk. When Russell Wilson throws out a string of cliches, it's not because he's being evasive or doesn't know what to say, it's because the cliches are exactly right. When Pete says that after his first stint coaching, he realized his philosophy and approach was wrong, went to USC, corrected it, and is now making it work in the NFL, I believe it. It's not just talk. It's obvious there is a plan. I wasn't so sure when they signed whitehurst, or Tarvaris, etc. but it's apparent now they were just trying to find stop-gaps.

That's also the reason when Irvin tells me he's ready to step in and replace clemons, I believe it and don't think it will be an issue.

I guess overall, I expect us to win but there are far too many things to love about this team to get too butthurt if this is the last stop.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• Yea, my mood's swung toward really, really wanting the win, as it always does. And my optimism has also grown. There are a lot of positives for us, and a lot of negatives for them.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * Natural Rubbing Action *

• travlinhawk wrote:Kind of went from feeling like we were playing the house money to wanting this more than anything!

My feeling exactly !
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

• Ya, I hear ya. I want to keep winning. Not ready to let this season go yet.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Definitely want to win. You never know what can happen a particular year. Years you think you are going deep in the playoffs can end with an unexpected loss. Years when expectations are low, you can catch fire and go all the way.

Atlanta is not a better team than we are. Neither is Green Bay or San Francisco. Some years there is a clear cut better team out there, but not this year. We can do it just as well as anyone else.

Lets go, Baby!!
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

• There's just something about this team. It feels like a special run.

But I don't think I will be devastated if we lose. Bummed, for sure. But the future is bright. With the team we have...another Carroll/Schneider draft and free agency round will make us a bona fide powerhouse.

Good times to be a Hawks fan!
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• The minute we starting blowout out the Whiners and locked in our spot, there was no such thing as house money or "gravy".

Superbowl all the way.
    CrimsonWazzu
    NET Starter

• Yeah FnG pretty much sums it up for me.Really feel like we are going to suplex the Falcons from the top rope.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

• Mine have. Imma blog about it before the game, complete with score prediction.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• As you all know I predicted the Falcons to edge the Seahawks on Sunday in the Fearless Prediction thread.

I have since changed my mind. The start of the week until Thursday I had a bad feeling about the game. Call it being a diehard Seahawks fan for 37 years but I started to get cold feet. As if I still expect the SOS train to pull up to the station. That's 37 years of re-programming I'm going to need to do and I'm working on it. Russell Wilson and company are making me believe big time. As the game gets closer, I start to feel more and more confident. Strangely enough, I was confident about the Redskins game the entire week leading up. This game not-so much. Today, I feel the Seahawks will edge the Falcons. Ask me again on Sunday morning. :D
    Last edited by Aros on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• You know..... I was previously thinking, hey, just think how great NEXT year might be! Then I started hearing about our coaches getting poached for other jobs and I'm realizing NOW is the time. Reach for all we can in this moment. Don't let it end.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Yes . . . from optimism . . . to concerned - because of all the emphasis from local media and fanbase regarding concern over how we can stop this potent offense

But . . Nobody mentions that just maybe our offense may show some potency - or - Not much talk about S/T's and giving us good field positon, Turnover's

and lastly . . maybe even a gadget or some trickeration

I feel good about our chances
    GoHawks
    NET Starter

• My feelings are that I am jazzed to hear our fans and local media enjoy the ride. This has been one of the most enjoyable seasons ever. I always hope/expect the team to win deep in my heart. I just like to keep control of my emotions and use a level head to keep me in check. Deep down, I am a nut about the Seahawks. Not sure why, but it has been a 30 plus year ride.

I am going to enjoy the rest of the season, just as I have for what has happened so far. I am a dreamer. I tend to want we as a people, fanbase etc to be able to be share our fears, hopes and dreams about the team, yet remain cordial to one another. Not sure why it even matters but it does. I have realized several times that we really aren't family, but just like my logical vs emotional self, I go with what I believe we can be.

If this game does not end the way I want, I will deal with the pain at that time. Until this party is over, I am going to soak it all in. Time is moving on for all of us. Some of you are going to be lucky enough to have decades more to enjoy this team. I hope I can get many more myself.

I loved hearing from Mudbone today. Hasselbeck today. The list goes on and on. Our guys aren't immortalized due to our past mediocre existence. I look forward to the new blood making others to take note and respect what this organization can become.

Tons of thoughts and emotions run through me. I am proud of this team. With all its warts and imperfections it still has played its guts out. I expect the same this weekend.

Let fate decide how it chooses to reward the effort. I will not forget the spirit. In the end, all of us Seahawks fans want the same thing. That is what I hope others that may not think I am onboard in the correct manner can understand. I know we all have our hearts in the right place. It is the mind that divides us if we so choose to let it.

Let's get this party started!
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• I have a weird feeling I've never had with any Seattle sports team. This feels like the year a championship finally comes to Seattle (since I've been alive, anyhow). I'm very optimistic that we will win on Sunday.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• ya know i'm just going to kick back and enjoy watching the boy's play... i want to get the win more than anything, but they have more than exceeded my expectations, and have prooved to me beyond a doubt that the future is indeed bright....

i'll will be screaming and swearing and pacing on sunday as usual, but at the end of the day, i will be content one way or the other...

i have the upmost confidence in this team, if they show up and play hawk ball, especially on the defensive side. i really like our chances...

Go Hawks!!!!
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Mine have. Imma blog about it before the game, complete with score prediction.

Looking forward to it, Montana.

I am thoroughly just enjoying the ride at this point.

The best part is not worrying that we have to play perfect to win a game against ANYONE, and knowing that no one is going to play the perfect game against us.

Go Hawks!
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• I realized today that John Abraham,Dunta Robinson,Assante Samuel are getting long in the tooth and one of there starting safeties has not played in a month.Starting to think we may pull this thing off.
    yummy down on this throbbing pole of hot man chicken.
    legend38
    NET Veteran

• I just kinda worry about some fans, usually younger fans that aren't that clear on our history, and are only envisioning victory... and I mean the one's that know we're gonna win the Superbowl (which is ridiculous). After 30+ years of rabid fan-hood with this team, I have learned to temper my expectations and go into huge games like this one assuming we'll blow it, 'cause that's almost always what seems to happen. That way I'm not devastated like I used to get, and probably more thrilled when we win the big ones than the people expecting it, 'cause it's a surprise! Back in the day (80's, 90's), I'd get so upset after losses that I'd slap off the TV and go sit in my dark bedroom stewing and drinking until I fell asleep. I'm still that way a little bit.
    Nowadays, I always have my DVR recording the game, and if we're getting our asses kicked I let the recording continue but I turn the channel and bring up the NFL.com gametracker on my computer. That way, especially on away games, I don't have to listen to the opposing teams fans going nuts, which always infuriates me. I'll just glance at the tracker occasionally while watching a movie or something. Then if I see we come back and tie it up or something, I'll turn the tv back to the game. This is how I avoid getting all pissed off and start doing stupid stuff like throwing the remote or something across the room like a complete jackass. This is what I did during the Redskins game when we went down 14-zip. It's just my way of dealing with it. I don't like being that pissed off, and this little ritual keeps the blood pressure below heart-attack level. I ain't no spring chicken anymore, and I just hate getting that pissed off at my age. (51)

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• I am pessimistically optimistic.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• FlyingGreg wrote:There's just something about this team. It feels like a special run.

But I don't think I will be devastated if we lose. Bummed, for sure. But the future is bright. With the team we have...another Carroll/Schneider draft and free agency round will make us a bona fide powerhouse.

Good times to be a Hawks fan!

This sums it up for me, but I am ultra confident.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• BlueThunder wrote:I just kinda worry about some fans, usually younger fans that aren't that clear on our history, and are only envisioning victory... and I mean the one's that know we're gonna win the Superbowl (which is ridiculous). After 30+ years of rabid fan-hood with this team, I have learned to temper my expectations and go into huge games like this one assuming we'll blow it, 'cause that's almost always what seems to happen. That way I'm not devastated like I used to get, and probably more thrilled when we win the big ones than the people expecting it, 'cause it's a surprise! Back in the day (80's, 90's), I'd get so upset after losses that I'd slap off the TV and go sit in my dark bedroom stewing and drinking until I fell asleep. I'm still that way a little bit.
    Nowadays, I always have my DVR recording the game, and if we're getting our asses kicked I let the recording continue but I turn the channel and bring up the NFL.com gametracker on my computer. That way, especially on away games, I don't have to listen to the opposing teams fans going nuts, which always infuriates me. I'll just glance at the tracker occasionally while watching a movie or something. Then if I see we come back and tie it up or something, I'll turn the tv back to the game. This is how I avoid getting all pissed off and start doing stupid stuff like throwing the remote or
    something across the room like a complete jackass. This is what I did during the Redskins game when we went down 14-zip. It's just my way of dealing with it. I don't like being that pissed off, and this little ritual keeps the blood pressure below heart-attack level. I ain't no spring chicken anymore, and I just hate getting that pissed off at my age. (51)

+1
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• Not changed just intensified. Atlanta is in our way and they have no idea what's coming. This team is so well rounded they are the envy of virtually every organization right now. Headhunting our coaching staff is the first evidence of that. The teams weaknesses are superior to some teams strong suit at the moment. The word special is overused these days but this Seahawks team is certainly onto something very potent! Fun times to be a fan.

Go Hawks!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• Man this is why I love this site. Being a fan since day one and growing up with the Hawks my whole life I feel just like so many of you do. I DVR the games like Blue Thunder and like many I am pessimistic about big games like this because I am so used to seeing us lose. Heck we have ended each season with a loss.

Like the rest of you this team is different. After we fell behind by 14 last week I felt calm and reassured. By no means did I think we would come back for sure, but I felt comforted that it was all good. Yes, I would have been bummed if we had lost and I was stoked that we won. Things are definitely different this time around. I guess for me it's because we have come so far so quickly and are so young. I love the players and am bought into the team building and coaching philosophies. If we don't get it this year we really may and probably should next year or the year after. That said, we definitely can do it this year so why not.

I think we are totally set up to beat the Falcons and believe it will be a tough game but we will do it. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them pretty handily. I think the final score will be 24-17 with them scoring a late TD making it look closer than it was. If we lose we will continue to build and get better in the off season and what a ride we will be in for next year.

Go Hawks Win Forever!!
    Timberhawk
    NET Rookie

• drdiags wrote:My feelings are that I am jazzed to hear our fans and local media enjoy the ride. This has been one of the most enjoyable seasons ever. I always hope/expect the team to win deep in my heart. I just like to keep control of my emotions and use a level head to keep me in check. Deep down, I am a nut about the Seahawks. Not sure why, but it has been a 30 plus year ride.

I am going to enjoy the rest of the season, just as I have for what has happened so far. I am a dreamer. I tend to want we as a people, fanbase etc to be able to be share our fears, hopes and dreams about the team, yet remain cordial to one another. Not sure why it even matters but it does. I have realized several times that we really aren't family, but just like my logical vs emotional self, I go with what I believe we can be.

If this game does not end the way I want, I will deal with the pain at that time. Until this party is over, I am going to soak it all in. Time is moving on for all of us. Some of you are going to be lucky enough to have decades more to enjoy this team. I hope I can get many more myself.

I loved hearing from Mudbone today. Hasselbeck today. The list goes on and on. Our guys aren't immortalized due to our past mediocre existence. I look forward to the new blood making others to take note and respect what this organization can become.

Tons of thoughts and emotions run through me. I am proud of this team. With all its warts and imperfections it still has played its guts out. I expect the same this weekend.

Let fate decide how it chooses to reward the effort. I will not forget the spirit. In the end, all of us Seahawks fans want the same thing. That is what I hope others that may not think I am onboard in the correct manner can understand. I know we all have our hearts in the right place. It is the mind that divides us if we so choose to let it.

Let's get this party started!

Wow. Just wow. I'm 100% goosebumps right now. For real. Thank you Doc. You are the man and I wish I could express myself so well. I feel what you're saying to my core.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• Nope, anything less than an NFC Championship game will be a disappointment still :180670:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Chant with me. Sup-per-bowl.... Sup-per-bowl...
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• Like many of you I'd be somewhat content if our season ended after this week BUT we can't assume we'd be here again next year riding the same wave of confidence and having avoided as many injuries as we have.
    This Hawks team has overcome hardships on and off the field and they've learned to finish games by trusting one another as evidenced by their mantra "We're All We Got. We're All We Need."
    There were many questions going into this season that have yeilded many pleasant surprises and revelations all of which have come to shape and harden this Seahawks team. They are a talented bunch. But they are beyond just talented. They are healthy, formidable and disciplined. What's more they are focused and confident but not naive. We can't be content waiting for next year. We've got to go into this playoffs thinking the Lombardi is ours for the taking just like when the Saints won their first title.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• BlueThunder wrote:I just kinda worry about some fans, usually younger fans that aren't that clear on our history, and are only envisioning victory... and I mean the one's that know we're gonna win the Superbowl (which is ridiculous). After 30+ years of rabid fan-hood with this team, I have learned to temper my expectations and go into huge games like this one assuming we'll blow it, 'cause that's almost always what seems to happen. That way I'm not devastated like I used to get, and probably more thrilled when we win the big ones than the people expecting it, 'cause it's a surprise! Back in the day (80's, 90's), I'd get so upset after losses that I'd slap off the TV and go sit in my dark bedroom stewing and drinking until I fell asleep. I'm still that way a little bit.
    Nowadays, I always have my DVR recording the game, and if we're getting our asses kicked I let the recording continue but I turn the channel and bring up the NFL.com gametracker on my computer. That way, especially on away games, I don't have to listen to the opposing teams fans going nuts, which always infuriates me. I'll just glance at the tracker occasionally while watching a movie or something. Then if I see we come back and tie it up or something, I'll turn the tv back to the game. This is how I avoid getting all pissed off and start doing stupid stuff like throwing the remote or something across the room like a complete jackass. This is what I did during the Redskins game when we went down 14-zip. It's just my way of dealing with it. I don't like being that pissed off, and this little ritual keeps the blood pressure below heart-attack level. I ain't no spring chicken anymore, and I just hate getting that pissed off at my age. (51)

I never get that upset over football, but I go into every game thinking we're going to win, and still know we're going to win the Superbowl until we're mathematically eliminated or put out of the playoffs.

Where's the fun in being realistic? The whole point of being a sports fan is to be optimistically overconfident in everything that faces you, even when the 2007 Patriots come to face the 2009 Seahawks I still believe!!!
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• themunn wrote:The whole point of being a sports fan is to be optimistically overconfident in everything that faces you

I would disagree, as would many others on this board. This statement is the definition of what we call the "Rose-colored glasses" fan. It's the word "overconfident" that separtes the two types of fans. There are a good many optimistic "Realist" fans that know losing is always possible and usually aren't that surpised when it happens. Disappointed, yes, but not devastated... for the most part. I'm a realist fan, but losing big games hurts everybody, and I will be extremely disappointed if we lose to the Falcons, but I'm looking at the game optimistically. I guess there is a third type of fan... The pessimistic realist. You know, the "I told you we were gonna lose!" guy? But lets not go there... :)

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• The day after the Washington game, I was a little worried. But as the week went on, I began to become more and more confident about what this team can and will do on Sunday. It just seems like nothing could get in our way right now, we're just too hot and confident.
    How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb?

None, they will all show and talk about how good the old one was...
    hawker232
    NET Rookie

• My confidence is rising. After seeing Baltimore win I felt good like they are a defensive team that runs the ball and Denver is a passing team, so that our team model can win away against passing team.

Then with SF waxing GB I fell like maybe we are not only the hottest team in the league but maybe we really are the best team in the league. Man for Man I think seattle is very even with SF and if they can dominate on their way to the NFC championship then we can to. I'm changing my 28-24 Loss prediction to a 31-21 Victory.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• Before SF won, I thought we are capable of winning, but if we didn't I could live with it considering my preseason expectations.

Now we have to win. There's no way SF can advance and only have ATL between them and the super bowl.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• Enough other people / journos are underestimating... No reason for us to. We've got a real team, with a few players I'd be worried about if I were on the other side.

Nothing guaranteed. But confidence in this team is not misplaced.
    BigHawks
    NET Bench Warmer

• After watching the refs in the Bronco/Raven game, I'm EXTREMELY worried that it'll be like that for our game. If that happens, we are flat-out SCREWED! I'm feeling sick just thinking about what the refs could do to us tomorrow!
    bigdaddydave
    NET Rookie

I meant to respond to this. Dude, despite a few minor details, I felt like I was reading my own words. I am sure there's more than a few of us.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information