Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Skip Bayless on Richard Sherman
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:27 am 
* NET Sage *

peachesenregalia wrote:
Hasselbeck wrote:
Lets face it.. if Richard Sherman were a Falcon, we'd hate him this week. We'd respect his game, but hate the personality.

Sherm is one of those guys you LOVE when he's on your team. HATE when he's not.

We get it. You hate Russell Wilson...

peaches, I like you buddy.. but we can move on from this .. :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:29 am 
* NET Starfish *

Maybe so. I'm going to put a poll up in the shack to see if this has jumped shark yet. Keep an eye out for the results.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:58 am 
NET Starter

Hasselbeck wrote:
Lets face it.. if Richard Sherman were a Falcon, we'd hate him this week. We'd respect his game, but hate the personality.

Sherm is one of those guys you LOVE when he's on your team. HATE when he's not.

I've thought about this and I agree with it to an extent, but I think a lot of the media try to make him the bad guy, and the drug suspension, though successfully appealed against, clouds people's judgement; especially the press around it where pretty much everyone said he was guilty and were creating there own stories for his appeal.

Sherman comes across as articulate (Stanford duh), and seems like a pretty charismatic guy who's having a lot of fun in his situation.

I'm not so sure that I wouldn't like the cut of his jib if he was on another team. The Optimus Prime thing was funny, as was the 'happy birthday Harbaugh' after the SF game, his dancing is downright hilarious and a couple of weeks ago, after being harassed by some 49er fans on twitter, he simply wrote back 'Hey San Fran fans.... 42-13.... Right to speak to me revoked'.

I'd probably only 'hate' him out of jealousy that he wasn't on my team or was on a rival team.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:03 am 
NET Veteran

Honestly I bought into the negative Sherman talk and have said numerous times I would hate him if he wasn't a Seahawk. But after looking at everything I think the media went nuts with it because it creates interest. He seems like a good guy who is smart and plays hard on the field. I love his style and I think the anti Sherman sentiment is blown way out of proportion.

Love the Polian pic by the way. lol

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:04 am 
NET Bench Warmer

SNDavidson wrote:
This morning ol Skip said he was trying to like the Seahawks but he can't because of Richard Sherman and his loud mouth "personal attacks" on players. Normally I let the whole disrespect thing go. But this is more of what we used to deal with in that it's obviously someone who has no clue or has not really followed the team at all and is just spouting off.

This kind of thing frustrates me, lots of people watch First Take and he's putting crap out there that just isn't true. We all know Sherm is incredibly smart and consistent, he gives respect where it's warranted and deals with trash talkers accordingly. Just frustrating, had to vent a bit, I'd love it if Sherm went on his show and brought this up because Bayless is far off base but he has no clue, and he has a lot of influence on people's opinions.

Ultimately, this doesn't really matter, I think more than anything it's the misunderstanding that gets to me, wish people did research.

Haha, Skip Bayless rags on Roddy White every other day. You should see the tweets Roddy has sent to Skip.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:07 am 
* Gangnameister *

austinslater25 wrote:
Honestly I bought into the negative Sherman talk and have said numerous times I would hate him if he wasn't a Seahawk. But after looking at everything I think the media went nuts with it because it creates interest. He seems like a good guy who is smart and plays hard on the field. I love his style and I think the anti Sherman sentiment is blown way out of proportion.

Love the Polian pic by the way. lol

It was the same way with Deion Sanders back in the day. Shit, could you imagine if Deion was playing in his prime in the Twitter era!? Good lord... He'd make Richard Sherman sound like Russell Wilson.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:12 am 
NET Veteran

The only reason I'm annoyed by it is that people do manage to take things Skip says seriously. I probably shouldn't care what other fans think about Sherm, but I'd rather the media portray him in a more positive light. I think it does make a small difference with ref's what your reputation is, and how Sherm is thought of around the nation affects his rep with the league a bit.

Obviously Skip is a hack and is doing his job to stir controversy. It doesn't piss me off near as much as when Cristian Fauria called out Bruce Irvin's character despite showing zero knowledge of him or his situation. But I still dislike it.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:17 am 
*NET #1 Sherman Fan*

Can you imagine how much we would hate Sherman if he was a 49er?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:50 am 
NET Bench Warmer

I think his bravado and confidence is exactly what we want in our DB's. So what if he talks up a storm. If he gets into the opponents head it plays in his favor on the field.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:06 pm 
NET Veteran

There's not a fanbase out there that takes Bayless seriously. It's his job to rub everybody the wrong way, and he knows it.

Sherman is the kind of player that I've always been jealous that other teams have and we don't. We finally have a front office that's reassembling the Jimmy Johnson era Cowboys.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:10 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Skips still pissed Sherm got the best of his boy Brady. You can't take this guy seriously.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:12 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Scottemojo wrote:
This is one more reason ESPN is becoming the FOX news/MSNBC extremist douchebag of the sports world.

That was perfect Scottemojo!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:33 pm 
NET Veteran

Skip is still trying to figure out if Troy Aikman is gay. He is the biggest DB in sports broadcasting and nobody should take that fool seriously about anything.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:43 pm 
NET Veteran

Look here's my my surprised face! :shock:

Skip Bayliss saying nothing positive about the Seahawks. Wow, the flat earth society will be happy with his remarks. If there ever was a guy I tune out as irrelevant he's the guy, then it's Prisco.

Nothing worth seeing here, time to move on.

Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. Until the OLine is strengthened the team will remain weak.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:11 pm 
NET Rookie

Your first mistake was watching First Take.

Your second mistake was caring what Skip Bayless has to say about anything.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]