Skip Bayless on Richard Sherman

SNDavidson

Reaction score
This morning ol Skip said he was trying to like the Seahawks but he can't because of Richard Sherman and his loud mouth "personal attacks" on players. Normally I let the whole disrespect thing go. But this is more of what we used to deal with in that it's obviously someone who has no clue or has not really followed the team at all and is just spouting off.

This kind of thing frustrates me, lots of people watch First Take and he's putting crap out there that just isn't true. We all know Sherm is incredibly smart and consistent, he gives respect where it's warranted and deals with trash talkers accordingly. Just frustrating, had to vent a bit, I'd love it if Sherm went on his show and brought this up because Bayless is far off base but he has no clue, and he has a lot of influence on people's opinions.

Ultimately, this doesn't really matter, I think more than anything it's the misunderstanding that gets to me, wish people did research.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Never have seen Sherman make a "personal attack" against anybody. He talks trash...but leaves it with football. You don't see him pulling a Kevin Garnett and talk about someone's wife or family.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Skip's job is to literally create controversy and get people to read/watch/listen to him for stirring the pot. He doesn't have actual opinions, he only says what will draw attention. You can't put any energy into caring about what a guy like him says

NYCoug

Reaction score
"In your heart of hearts, you know you know what the truth is." - Richard Sherman

Don't worry, people are just afraid of the unknown. For the most part, this team is still a bunch of unknowns. None of the talking heads picked Seattle at the beginning of the season and are just embarrassed that they know so little about the team. So the easiest thing to do is talk garbage.

What Sherm does is the equivalent of "attack the post, not the poster." He might slam somebody's game but he doesn't slam the person himself and most of the time he's actually responding to smack talk from opponent's. It's easy for people to just see Sherm's style and think he's a punk, gotta dip a little deeper to fully understand his genius.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Unless your Penn State of course.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":11psonel said:
Skip's job is to literally create controversy and get people to read/watch/listen to him for stirring the pot. He doesn't have actual opinions, he only says what will draw attention. You can't put any energy into caring about what a guy like him says

This. Why it has to constantly be brought up is beyond me.

NYCoug

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3b07kuk4 said:

Yeah. There's that too.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2d7vrur7 said:
AbsolutNET":2d7vrur7 said:

I guess you're better than all of us.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Sherman is starting to rub people the wrong way. I don't think it's just Skip. We have a pretty loveable team, but Sherman's antics will wear on other sports fans the same way Neon Deion or countless others have. It's a fine line. And Sherman is just introducing himself to the country. I like Sherm, but I don't get off on all of the hyped up stuff he does. LOVE his play, but I prefer the approach of an ET or BeastMode or Russell Wilson. Sherman will have some haters. His approach creates it.

A

Anonymous

AbsolutNET":4g58xw7y said:

Agree completely. So much, in fact, it's time for an avatar change.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SNDavidson":32tkwhnp said:
Sarlacc83":32tkwhnp said:
AbsolutNET":32tkwhnp said:

I guess you're better than all of us.

Better? No.

More cynical about the press? Probably.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I think it's great that we have strong personalities on the team, we have just enough with Sherm leading the way, it's not our focus, but other teams know we're confident and head strong and that they're going to be in for a fight. Is it necessary? No. I think in our case it is a positive for our team.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":215j2diy said:
Better? No.

More cynical about the press? Probably.

Yeah I see what you mean, normally I'm kinda the same way and don't give it the time of day either, this is just so far off base and it's about a guy's character, just the complete ignorance and spouting off got me this morning.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Skip Bayless just says whatever he wants to stir the pot. Half the time, I'm not sure he knows what he's talking about.

Remember, this is the guy that thinks Tebow is a god send.

jkitsune

Reaction score
SNDavidson":38h3oitg said:
This morning ol Skip said he was trying to like the Seahawks but he can't because of Richard Sherman and his loud mouth "personal attacks" on players. Normally I let the whole disrespect thing go. But this is more of what we used to deal with in that it's obviously someone who has no clue or has not really followed the team at all and is just spouting off.

This kind of thing frustrates me, lots of people watch First Take and he's putting crap out there that just isn't true. We all know Sherm is incredibly smart and consistent, he gives respect where it's warranted and deals with trash talkers accordingly. Just frustrating, had to vent a bit, I'd love it if Sherm went on his show and brought this up because Bayless is far off base but he has no clue, and he has a lot of influence on people's opinions.

Ultimately, this doesn't really matter, I think more than anything it's the misunderstanding that gets to me, wish people did research.

Skip, off the top of my head, has been the mastermind of such gems as "The Seahawks don't belong in MY Super Bowl," "I don't buy Russell Wilson because he's short," (this was circa week 12 or so), and most recently, "Dr Andrews is to blame for RG3's injury against the Seahawks because he planted doubt about the knee into RG3's mind."

All of those are paraphrases, not actually direct quotes.

At any rate, my point being that Bayless, moreso than EVERY other pundit, is there to stir the pot and say ridiculous things. Even people like Prisco are better than him.

White Devil

Reaction score
This is the same guy who "just can't believe in the Seahawks making the playoffs, because they chose to start Russell Wilson over Matt Flynn."

In the same breath he screams to "Free Tebow" or "Unleash Tebow"

This man has not an ounce of credibility and should be listened to as a form of entertainment only.

My favorite hashtag on the Twitter machine is #STFUSkip

I use it often

Steve2222

Reaction score
Nobody in their right mind takes Skip seriously OP. Don't worry. If anything, this will give Sherman more fans.

Bayless is a professional Troll. Don't feed him.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This is one more reason ESPN is becoming the FOX news/MSNBC extremist douchebag of the sports world.

GCrow

Reaction score
Bringing up or linking anything related to First Take should be a bannable offence...

Latest posts