Clems Status?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Clems Status?
Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:55 am
  • I realize RGIII's surgery was national news, has Clem had his? Can someone refresh my memory about his contract? Do we have any outs if this injury is worse then expected?
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Re: Clems Status?
Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:07 pm
  • Clemons signed his contract this past offseason. It was for 3 years and $22 million. $6.5 million signing bonus with $2 million this year, $6 million next year and $7.5 million after that.

We are basically on the hook for $4,333,334.00 in cap if we cut him and $8,166,667.00 if we keep him.

I haven't heard anything about the surgery, but if it's successful and they believe he can come back from it, then I don't think any of the numbers will matter. If he has issues with his recuperation, then as camp gets closer, there will be talk about the possibility of his release. Honestly I think he'll be back, but until he gets about 4 or 5 months into his recovery, we'll not have much of an idea at all.

edited for a typo of congressional magnitude :lol:
    Last edited by kidhawk on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:09 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:Clemons signed his contract this past offseason. It was for 3 years and $22 million. $6.5 million signing bonus with $2 million this year, $6 million next year and $7.5 million after that.

We are basically on the hook for $433,334,000.00 in cap if we cut him and $8,166,667.00 if we keep him.

I haven't heard anything about the surgery, but if it's successful and they believe he can come back from it, then I don't think any of the numbers will matter. If he has issues with his recuperation, then as camp gets closer, there will be talk about the possibility of his release. Honestly I think he'll be back, but until he gets about 4 or 5 months into his recovery, we'll not have much of an idea at all.

:shock:
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:10 pm
  • HawksFTW wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:Clemons signed his contract this past offseason. It was for 3 years and $22 million. $6.5 million signing bonus with $2 million this year, $6 million next year and $7.5 million after that.

We are basically on the hook for $433,334,000.00 in cap if we cut him and $8,166,667.00 if we keep him.

:shock:

You didn't know about the NFL lottery? ( I saw that too, and I had to check it three times to make sure I was getting the number of digits right.)
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information