Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Clems Status?
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:55 am 
NET Veteran

I realize RGIII's surgery was national news, has Clem had his? Can someone refresh my memory about his contract? Do we have any outs if this injury is worse then expected?

Post subject: Re: Clems Status?
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:07 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Clemons signed his contract this past offseason. It was for 3 years and $22 million. $6.5 million signing bonus with $2 million this year, $6 million next year and $7.5 million after that.

We are basically on the hook for $4,333,334.00 in cap if we cut him and $8,166,667.00 if we keep him.

I haven't heard anything about the surgery, but if it's successful and they believe he can come back from it, then I don't think any of the numbers will matter. If he has issues with his recuperation, then as camp gets closer, there will be talk about the possibility of his release. Honestly I think he'll be back, but until he gets about 4 or 5 months into his recovery, we'll not have much of an idea at all.

edited for a typo of congressional magnitude :lol:

Last edited by kidhawk on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:09 pm 
* NET E-Knight *

kidhawk wrote:
Clemons signed his contract this past offseason. It was for 3 years and $22 million. $6.5 million signing bonus with $2 million this year, $6 million next year and $7.5 million after that.

We are basically on the hook for $433,334,000.00 in cap if we cut him and $8,166,667.00 if we keep him.

I haven't heard anything about the surgery, but if it's successful and they believe he can come back from it, then I don't think any of the numbers will matter. If he has issues with his recuperation, then as camp gets closer, there will be talk about the possibility of his release. Honestly I think he'll be back, but until he gets about 4 or 5 months into his recovery, we'll not have much of an idea at all.

:shock:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:10 pm 
* NET Philistine *

HawksFTW wrote:
kidhawk wrote:

We are basically on the hook for $433,334,000.00 in cap if we cut him and $8,166,667.00 if we keep him.

:shock:

You didn't know about the NFL lottery? ( I saw that too, and I had to check it three times to make sure I was getting the number of digits right.)

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]