Want to be annoyed today?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Then read this!

LINK: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_ ... ayoff-game

Another classic example as to why Mike Sando is head and shoulders above any of the other ESPN Bloggers. He uses statistics, tape and common sense to make unbiased, logical and detailed articles. He never deliberately sides with the NFC West teams. He simply goes about doing a good job.

Then we have articles like this, that are the kind of thing you'd expect to read on a fan blog.

Let’s not go comparing the current Seahawks to the 2010 Packers, because they’re not. Yes, Seattle is red-hot after winning its final five games of the regular season and knocking off the Washington Redskins in its playoff opener last week. Yes, the Seahawks have a very good defense and an excellent running back in Marshawn Lynch.

But the Seahawks are not the Packers. They’re not the Giants or the Cardinals. They don’t have Rodgers, Eli Manning or Warner.

They have Russell Wilson.

Don’t get me wrong, Wilson has had a marvelous season and he’s going to have a very long and prosperous career. But he’s a rookie coming into a noisy and hostile dome.

The Seahawks are what the Falcons were back on that day they went into Arizona -- a team with a rookie quarterback, happy just to be in the playoffs, making a cross-country trip.

So there we have it. We're just 'happy' to be in the playoffs. It's a nice day out for this team.

Russell Wilson is going to a noisy and hostile dome. Because of course, there's nothing noisy or hostile about the other nine road games he's faced this year. And he's just like the 2008 version of Matt Ryan, who scored 17 total touchdowns - 13 less than Russell Wilson.

What's more, it's taken Wilson one game to win in the playoffs. This isn't like Ryan in Arizona. Ryan in Arizona was Wilson in Washington. And he won the game. He already has one more victory than Matt Ryan in the post-season.

There's more...

All Ryan has to do is play his game and get the ball to Roddy White, Julio Jones and Tony Gonzalez. All the Falcons -- who now have a defense with swagger thanks to cornerback Asante Samuel and linebacker Sean Weatherspoon -- have to do is play their game.

Just go out and be the best team on the field.

If that happens, the Falcons will win -- because, for the first time in the postseason in this era, they should win.

Now I've started a seven page thread on why I think we might lose on Sunday. I'm not completely confident about the game, but then I'm comfortable knowing this team is young and will be among the favourites to claim the #1 seed in the NFC themselves next year. But you know what? If I was a Falcons fan, I'd be s**t scared going into this game. Terrified by this physical Seahawks team. Distraught at the possibility of being 0-4 in the playoffs under this coach and quarterback. Being found out again on a national stage.

I wouldn't be assuming Seattle is on a weekend away, underestimating Russell Wilson and making a throw away reference to the defense or running game. I certainly wouldn't be just assuming the Falcons have to turn up 'and do their thang' to win the game because they 'should' win.

Whatever happens on Sunday, we're a pain in the ass to play. I hope the Falcons players and staff are equally as cocky as this.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Sometimes people just write stuff to counter what's already out there, which is that Seattle SHOULD win this one. Unfortunately, when writing to counter other points being made, you have the lesser info, or straight up have to state things that are illogical to make your argument. I think that's what's happened here.

TJH

Reaction score
People here need to stop getting so worked up every time someone says something other than Seattle is going to win the Superbowl. Our Nepoleon complex is showing.

Largent80

Reaction score
I get more annoying stuff from co-workers even after we keep winning, I just laugh and put on my jersey and point to it.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
TJH":20n1qj0f said:
People here need to stop getting so worked up every time someone says something other than Seattle is going to win the Superbowl. Our Nepoleon complex is showing.

I wrote a long piece yesterday saying why I think we could lose the game. It's got nothing to do with any 'complex'. I have no issues with someone writing a piece that argues why Atlanta will win the game (I've done it myself). I do have an issue with writing that appears to be pulled out of one's proverbial arse.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I saw that yesterday, and all I could do was laugh. He gets the Peter King award for the week. (Peter King sucks, don't deny it.)

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Just got to work and read three different threads: Skip Bayless, Charlie Casserly, and now this...

I just want to say one thing to all the haters...

u mad bro?

NYCoug

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":25wf9aoq said:
I'm not completely confident about the game, but then I'm comfortable knowing this team is young and will be among the favourites to claim the #1 seed in the NFC themselves next year. But you know what? If I was a Falcons fan, I'd be s**t scared going into this game. Terrified by this physical Seahawks team. Distraught at the possibility of being 0-4 in the playoffs under this coach and quarterback. Being found out again on a national stage.

I wouldn't be assuming Seattle is on a weekend away, underestimating Russell Wilson and making a throw away reference to the defense or running game. I certainly wouldn't be just assuming the Falcons have to turn up 'and do their thang' to win the game because they 'should' win.

Whatever happens on Sunday, we're a pain in the ass to play. I hope the Falcons players and staff are equally as cocky as this.

I actually think that despite the Seahawks youth, they follow Russell Wilson's lead and play calm, mistake free football. I feel like the Falcons, on the other hand, will be the team playing tight because of the reasons you mentioned above. Nothing about this team has ever struck me as "tough" and I don't think that changes with them going up against a team that prides itself in their ability to run the ball and play tough, physical defense. If I'm the Falcons I'd be very cautious. And I'd be more than a bit nervous about Marshawn Lynch missing 2 days of practice. Sounds like, to me, the Hawks are preparing him for another banner game from Beast Mode.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
Pat Yak sucks. Regardless of what he says good or bad about the Falcons.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
TJH":enbx56ns said:

Agreed. It's embarrassing to be honest.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Normally, I just laugh this crap off but that irritates me. What about Russell Wilson or this team gives off the impression that they're just happy to be in the playoffs?! Had he wrote that trash last week, whatever, it's his first playoff game yada yada yada. But we won and are playing in the next round. There is not one real competitor on this entire planet that would be "just happy" to be in this spot.

What makes me mad is these idiots don't even try. They're lazy and they write trash and it gets published...

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Aros":kadaa266 said:
TJH":kadaa266 said:

Well some of us choose to believe in this team. Others (some mediots AND fans, here's looking at you Aros) don't respect the team. It's one thing to not pick them, but it's other to outright disrespect them and treat them like they are the only team left with any weaknesses.

keepertd

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3p2fuyiv said:
Normally, I just laugh this crap off but that irritates me. What about Russell Wilson or this team gives off the impression that they're just happy to be in the playoffs?! Had he wrote that trash last week, whatever, it's his first playoff game yada yada yada. But we won and are playing in the next round. There is not one real competitor on this entire planet that would be "just happy" to be in this spot.

What makes me mad is these idiots don't even try. They're lazy and they write trash and it gets published...

honestly i've seen some of the Hawks fans saying the same thing about "if we lose o well, its no big deal"...i get what they are saying in a sense because no one could of predicted the Hawks great season, just like no one could ATL's...but still you get this far you gotta want more before your happy

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Aros":15sy143u said:
TJH":15sy143u said:

I don't see it as getting worked up or embarrassing.

It's a message board, we're here to talk and discuss right? A big big part of that is posting links to media and talking about them. Some are negative and some are positive.

1. Post a link
2. :thfight7:

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
NYCoug":2nwwondz said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2nwwondz said:
I'm not completely confident about the game, but then I'm comfortable knowing this team is young and will be among the favourites to claim the #1 seed in the NFC themselves next year. But you know what? If I was a Falcons fan, I'd be s**t scared going into this game. Terrified by this physical Seahawks team. Distraught at the possibility of being 0-4 in the playoffs under this coach and quarterback. Being found out again on a national stage.

I actually think that despite the Seahawks youth, they follow Russell Wilson's lead and play calm, mistake free football. I feel like the Falcons, on the other hand, will be the team playing tight because of the reasons you mentioned above. Nothing about this team has ever struck me as "tough" and I don't think that changes with them going up against a team that prides itself in their ability to run the ball and play tough, physical defense. If I'm the Falcons I'd be very cautious. And I'd be more than a bit nervous about Marshawn Lynch missing 2 days of practice. Sounds like, to me, the Hawks are preparing him for another banner game from Beast Mode.
Sounds to me like Lynch is ailing from playing on FedEx Field.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":kxu58kdy said:
He's been ailing all year. Have you seen the way he runs? He's always dinged up.
Has he ever missed two straight practices in a row?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":1k4rjjhi said:
twisted_steel2":1k4rjjhi said:
He's been ailing all year. Have you seen the way he runs? He's always dinged up.
Has he ever missed two straight practices in a row?

Multiple times. It's something that was a constant on the board earlier in the year and last year. (Lynch's ailments have subsided a bit over the past few weeks.)

Latest posts