What happens if S.F., Seattle & Denver all win this weekend?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
So Denver is the #1 seed in the AFC and therefore would host the Conference Championship game. Likewise, the Whiners would also host the game in the NFC if they win and our Hawks win since they would be the higher seed. So that means a Pacific Time Zone city in San Francisco and a Mountain Time Zone city in Denver. I don't recall ever seeing this happen. To my knowledge there has always been at least one host city in the Eastern or Central time zone on Conference Championship Sunday and thus that city has the early (10 AM Pacific) game. Does anyone know how this would schedule out next Sunday if it comes to pass that Denver and S.F. host the games?

I have a guess by the way..... I say they start the game in Denver at Noon local time so 11:00 AM Pacific with Hawks vs. Whiners at 2:30 PM Pacific meaning both games would be an hour later than normal start times on Conference Championship Sunday. I mean there's no way they start the Denver game at 11:00 AM local time (10 Pacific) right? And obviously the game in Whinerville isn't going to start at 10 AM local time.

Anyone?

renofox

Reaction score
NFCCG will be played at 3:00pm ET (Noon Pacific Time).

AFCCG will be played at 6:30pm ET (3:30pm Pacific Time).

Playoff schedules are set well in advance, based on seeding. There is no 'flexing' of playoff games. Networks get plenty of time to maximize ad revenue.

Wildcard Saturday - AFC #3 early / NFC #3 late
Wildcard Sunday - AFC #4 early / NFC #4 late

Divisional Saturday - AFC #1 early / NFC #2 late
Divisional Sunday - NFC #1 early / AFC #2 late

Championship Sunday - NFC early / AFC late

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":13h7283l said:
So Denver is the #1 seed in the AFC and therefore would host the Conference Championship game. Likewise, the Whiners would also host the game in the NFC if they win and our Hawks win since they would be the higher seed. So that means a Pacific Time Zone city in San Francisco and a Mountain Time Zone city in Denver. I don't recall ever seeing this happen. To my knowledge there has always been at least one host city in the Eastern or Central time zone on Conference Championship Sunday and thus that city has the early (10 AM Pacific) game. Does anyone know how this would schedule out next Sunday if it comes to pass that Denver and S.F. host the games?

I have a guess by the way..... I say they start the game in Denver at Noon local time so 11:00 AM Pacific with Hawks vs. Whiners at 2:30 PM Pacific meaning both games would be an hour later than normal start times on Conference Championship Sunday. I mean there's no way they start the Denver game at 11:00 AM local time (10 Pacific) right? And obviously the game in Whinerville isn't going to start at 10 AM local time.

Anyone?

Don't know how the times would work, but the same thing happened in 2005. We hosted the Panthers, and the Broncos hosted the Steelers.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
renofox":1y2d3r3y said:
NFCCG will be played at 3:00pm ET (Noon Pacific Time).

AFCCG will be played at 6:30pm ET (3:30pm Pacific Time).

Playoff schedules are set well in advance, based on seeding. There is no 'flexing' of playoff games. Networks get plenty of time to maximize ad revenue.

Wildcard Saturday - AFC #3 early / NFC #3 late
Wildcard Sunday - AFC #4 early / NFC #4 late

Divisional Saturday - AFC #1 early / NFC #2 late
Divisional Sunday - NFC #1 early / AFC #2 late

Championship Sunday - NFC early / AFC late
Thanks man. I just assumed (wrongly) that it would be 10 AM and 1:30 PM start times. This type of scenario with 2 western teams hosting is likely why it isn't.

FortWorthSeahawk":1y2d3r3y said:
.....the same thing happened in 2005. We hosted the Panthers, and the Broncos hosted the Steelers.

That's right! Good call. We got the later game that year as I drove up to attend it from Vancouver (WA) in plenty of time. Only one of the most awesome experiences of my life.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":1imb8ueh said:
Don't know how the times would work, but the same thing happened in 2005. We hosted the Panthers, and the Broncos hosted the Steelers.
Denver played right before us. I remember watching some of that game at Touchdown city

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
grizrgood":u9g7dkh7 said:
therealjohncarlson":u9g7dkh7 said:
Wait isnt Colorado central time zone and not mountain time zone?

Mountain

Was that really a question? Colorado....Rocky Mountains....

That John Denver is full of S***

:34853_doh:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
So follow up question: if they can play the games late on Championship Sunday, why can't they play the goddam games late on Wild Card and Divisional Sunday?

sutz

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2dkb5w4x said:
So follow up question: if they can play the games late on Championship Sunday, why can't they play the goddam games late on Wild Card and Divisional Sunday?
It's the East Coast bias/I hate the Seahawks conspiracy, that's all.

;)

Largent80

Reaction score
How the hell does SF get a sat night game and we get a 10 am ?..

Oh well,,,,I guess the best team will rise above all the bullshit that is the nfl.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
The Media wants Atlanta to win. Seattle just doesn't make them lots of money. Atlanta is a massive market, less travel, easy to access, has plenty of cities around it (Florida, Carolina, ...). Atlanta can be reached within the hour from most of the East Coast or Midwest Cities.
Seattle is all by itself up there ... Need at least 3 hours to get there from most places.