Seahawks have swag, but the fans don't.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Reading the message board here is depressing this week. The majority of people picking the Falcons. Im glad this team isn't a reflection of the fan majority or we would have lost the game already.

<------------- :141847_bnono:

bellingerga

Reaction score
So by "majority" you mean you read a couple of people picking falcons to win? I certainly haven't seen a majority picking against the hawks.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Yeah it sucks. :34853_doh:
Far too many hawks fans.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
By picking the Falcons, do you mean they're saying we won't dominate them?

drdiags

Reaction score
One of the few things that bugs me when the team is going great is the increased number of folks that want to control how a person feels or talks about the team. If you aren't flag waving 24/7 you aren't down with the cause. Yet, let this team fall on hard time, these same jokers are the first off the sinking ship.

Just fill out a list of acceptable responses and behavior and I will sign up. Don't want to be accused of being fair-weather.

bellingerga

Reaction score
drdiags":3du3n9dv said:
One of the few things that bugs me when the team is going great is the increased number of folks that want to control how a person feels or talks about the team. If you aren't flag waving 24/7 you aren't down with the cause. Yet, let this team fall on hard time, these same jokers are the first off the sinking ship.

Just fill out a list of acceptable responses and behavior and I will sign up. Don't want to be accused of being fair-weather.

Drdiags nailed it dude. :13:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2pq701mi said:
By picking the Falcons, do you mean they're saying we won't dominate them?
Ah I see what you're talking about. Those are all valid concerns. But to me that's all they are. I am confident our young team will find a way to get it done. One reason why I think we'll win...we aren't one dimensional. We can win with the long bomb like vs NE, or we just pound it and skate by like we have most of the season

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
bellingerga":27kelmta said:
So by "majority" you mean you read a couple of people picking falcons to win? I certainly haven't seen a majority picking against the hawks.

+1000 . See Bellingera and Diags reply.

Plus anyone using "swag" as a descriptor or other in a hawks post is easy to ignore.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
drdiags":1vnxagr5 said:

I agree. I've been telling Falcon fans if Mike Smith loses this game that he'll be Marty Schottenheimer 2.0. They don't wanna hear it though.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
drdiags":7ucxswx3 said:

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
A few thoughts:

1. Having realistic expectations does not make you any less of a fan (I picked a close Hawk win but I know we very well may lose)

2. Fan attitudes on internet message boards have no bearing on the teams' performance

3. The Falcons are a good team, worthy of respect. There is just no way around that fact.

4. Go Hawks!

mikeak

Reaction score
drdiags":rjfvo204 said:

Totally agree. :sarcasm_on: But you have to understand where these people come from. The way it works is the harder the more people believe the likelier it is to happening. So when you raise concerns about the next game it will be YOUR fault if the Seahawks loose....... :sarcasm_off:

piston bully

Reaction score
If I wanted to read pure homers blinded by emotion Id just go to espn.This is the most objective board Ive seen so far.Its what makes it enjoyable over a long period.Reading Rah Rah fiction makes me move on in a hurry.

hawker84

Reaction score
All i know is it's the second round of the playoffs, there are no more bad teams... i predicted a squeaker victory by the Hawks... hopefully that happens.. all i know is there will be two teams on that field sunday giving it everything they got for 4 qtrs... it will be war, as it should be..

Go Hawks!!!!!1

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's why I chose to be honest in my Fearless Prediction this week. I could have very easily rode the wave of Seahawk-itis that the entire city and fanbase is feeling, but we diehards do that no matter what time of the year it is any ways. Of course it's easy and fun to get caught up in the ride. It's part of what makes being a diehard so damn rewarding in the first place. Like that old ESPN commercial says..."So when success finally does come, you can say you were there all along." Or something to that effect.

Yet I wanted to be honest about how I was feeling. It could have been very easy to predict a win, but I wanted to be honest about it, nothing more, nothing less.

I agree that it's one of the many things that makes NET the most special football forum community I've ever seen on the Internet. We have our share of raw emotions and things we say in the heat of the moment but there's a lot of people in this community who try to be honest and as unbiased as they possibly can be, even when every bone in their body wants to shout...

OH SCREW THAT! WE'RE GOING TO SMOKE YOU LOSERS RIGHT OUT OF YOUR OWN STADIUM!!!

I still feel that we can just as easily win as we can lose this game. Either way, I'm not any less of a diehard Seahawks fan for feeling that way nor is anyone else if they too feel that way.

I won't lie though, I am feeling more and more confident as the game gets closer. :16:

Latest posts