Seahawks have swag, but the fans don't.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Whether you are picking a victory or a loss, I look to see what type of extra stuff you add to explain your reasoning and if in either case, it isn't just based on an emotional high or low I think both are worthy.

I am glad to see a variety of predictions. From this point forward, I see 8 good football teams that can win their games if they do things in their favor.

I am confident in the Seahawks as long as they don't let themselves fall behind similar as they did in DC, I see a very close victory.
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie

• Throwdown wrote:Dude with a name like T-Sizzle talking about people being swaggerless? what planet am I on?

For the record, I got the most swag on this board! I don't care what Zeb and dunce say, I'm the swaggiest on .NET!

And I'm afraid for the Hawks in this game.

Well when you use words like 'swaggiest' there is no contest :cry:
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• dunceface wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Dude with a name like T-Sizzle talking about people being swaggerless? what planet am I on?

For the record, I got the most swag on this board! I don't care what Zeb and dunce say, I'm the swaggiest on .NET!

And I'm afraid for the Hawks in this game.

Well when you use words like 'swaggiest' there is no contest :cry:

Swag masters such as myself make up our own words, I could teach you my ways if you'd like.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• But I think we're gonna win...is that still okay?
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• Well, I mean... yeah?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• It's as 'realistic' to say the Hawks could win as it is to say the Falcons will. One team is a very good team that's playing at home. The other is a team that continues to prove doubters wrong week after week.

Just as the 'realistic' group is implying that the fans predicting a Seahawk win must be somehow biased by calling them 'homers,' the same can be said about the 'realistic' crowd...the difference being the ones being 'real' are biased in the other direction. Let me offer an opinion that the cause of this bias is 36 years of programming. Decades of mediocrity has conditioned many of us long-time fans to expect that the team will somehow fall short. The question is how long will it take to de-program?

How many times does this team need to prove itself to us? By all weights and measures, this is not your daddy's team and it's certainly not the 'some old......' I won't finish the phrase because it doesn't belong in the same breath when speaking of what Pete and John have assembled.

I can appeciate how the paradigm remains stubbornly burned into one's psyche, but can we shift that just a bit for the playoffs? All of this hedging against a possible emotional crash is not what this team needs from us right now. They're in the playoffs, and this young bunch of 'go getters' are 'all-in.' Why not err in favor of your team while also acknowledging the very real possibility that Altanta could win?

I've been a fan since 1976, but I'm gonna muster enough belief to put it out there for these guys. They've accomplished enough to earn that much from me.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Seahwkgal wrote:Dr. Diags rules!!! :th2thumbs:

:13:
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Afraid and swag cannot coexist. Pick one, young buck.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• My brotha, fear is emotion, swag you're born with they can coexist, my brotha
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Missing_Clink wrote:A few thoughts:

1. Having realistic expectations does not make you any less of a fan (I picked a close Hawk win but I know we very well may lose)

2. Fan attitudes on internet message boards have no bearing on the teams' performance

3. The Falcons are a good team, worthy of respect. There is just no way around that fact.

4. Go Hawks!

All of these. Especially 4.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• Thy devotion to Seahawks does not determine thy size of one's member. With that being said, I'm more of a Seahawks fan than anyone in history. PERIOD. </sarcasm>
    Slick
    NET Veteran

• I love one thing for sure about this current Seahawks team. You will not hear it discussed - "I hope the (fill in the blank) team doesn't get into the Seahawks heads." But you do hear the opposite coming from the other side a lot. This is not MY same old Seahawks.
    birdman5
    NET Rookie

• Slick wrote:Thy devotion to Seahawks does not determine thy size of one's member. With that being said, I'm more of a Seahawks fan than anyone in history. PERIOD. </sarcasm>

Don't know what your talking about, my swag is huge. I'm the swagiest swagnosticator in seaswag nation.

Swag2K... Out!
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• Throwdown, you need and deserve one of these:
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• Totally agree. :sarcasm_on: But you have to understand where these people come from. The way it works is the harder the more people believe the likelier it is to happening. So when you raise concerns about the next game it will be YOUR fault if the Seahawks loose....... :sarcasm_off:[/quote]

So you mean it's like that Bud Light (I think) commercials - you know the one where they all turn their labels the same way to make the field goal go through the uprights? Its only weird if it doesn't work?
    canfan
    NET Rookie

• HawkAroundTheClock wrote:Throwdown, you need and deserve one of these:

HA! I love it
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• HawkAroundTheClock wrote:Throwdown, you need and deserve one of these:

I wonder if you could get one with 'swagnosticator' on it?
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information