Game not sold out???

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Wow. Heard there were still like 6,000 tickets left.

woulda been sold out in seattle in minutes....

hope we win, that sort of fan base doesn't deserve to be rewarded by moving on.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
That number keeps getting larger every time I hear it. (It was 3000 yesterday.) Will it be over 9000(!) tomorrow?

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
just what I heard on the radio this morning.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
No worries. I'm not blaming you. I don't think anyone really knows so the number gets getting bigger and bigger.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Makes sense. Fans don't want to pay that much dough to see their team knocked outta the playoffs for the fourth time in a row. :p

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Atlanta's a terrible sports town, other than the few years where Vick was the MAN and the Braves were really good they've never supported their teams.

Not surprising that they can't even sell out a playoff game.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Good, fill them ALL with 12's. Get your checkbooks/savings/credit cards out, buy plane tickets, buy a hotel room, arrange a rental car, snatch a game ticket up, pack your best jersey and get down here!!! There's already alot of us join the party!

Do it NOW what are you waiting for?

SirTed

Reaction score
Even when the Braves were good, there were still years when they didn't sell out games. Atlanta - Worst Sports Town in America? Top 5 at least.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Problem with Atlanta is its a huge transit town. Lots of transplants there.. as a result, their sports teams suffer.

Exar0s

Reaction score
SirTed":1c1zudo8 said:
Even when the Braves were good, there were still years when they didn't sell out games. Atlanta - Worst Sports Town in America? Top 5 at least.

Worst sports town in America? far from it. Worst "Professional" sports town in America? You wouldn't be far off. Atlanta is a "what have you done for me lately" kinda town when it comes to professional sports. We have sold out all Falcon games for years but we are still late getting all the tickets sold. Even late getting people in the seats. It doesn't help that Atlanta is basically a transit town either. When it comes to college sports though there are few towns more passionate.

That being said I'm not a college sport fan. I do my part though, season ticket holder going on 7 years now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Exar0s":3ou7lr6s said:
That being said I'm not a college sport fan. I do my part though, season ticket holder going on 7 years now.

Good for you. IMO the Falcons are one of the most exciting teams to watch, I wouldn't hesitate to get season tix if I lived there.

The transient argument is valid. I'd venture to guess a good portion of the upwardly mobile income earning people that could afford expensive season tickets aren't from Atlanta........therefore don't feel any sort of allegiance to Atlanta teams.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
The game is sold out, these comments are referring to tickets on secondary markets. Granted, they have the most available tickets on secondary markets of any of the home playoff teams.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
How much of it has to do with the economy? I have to imagine that the Seattle area's probably weathered the ups and downs better than Atlanta, but it still seems like they'd be able to sell out a second round playoff game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":qfskb54e said:
That number keeps getting larger every time I hear it. (It was 3000 yesterday.) Will it be over 9000(!) tomorrow?

You can check yourself on NFL Ticket Exchange, it says how many remaining tickets there are for every game. It was 9,000 a couple days ago. Fact. Saw it with my own eyes.

Reaction score
HawksFTW":14kesiwu said:
The game is sold out, these comments are referring to tickets on secondary markets. Granted, they have the most available tickets on secondary markets of any of the home playoff teams.

It's what 's available thru Stubhub.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
seahawksfan4ever":20oalnn5 said:
HawksFTW":20oalnn5 said:

It's what 's available thru Stubhub.

I get that. Stubhub is one of many secondary markets, like NFL Ticket Exchange, individual resellers, or other ticket brokers. All of these tickets are purchased originally through the team (via Ticketmaster), and those are the numbers that are looked at when determining whether or not a game is "sold out" or not. Selling out does not mean there is an ass in every seat.

Fibonacci

Reaction score
did you even check your own tickets when the saints came up there? but I have a few saints freinds who got tickets easily the day before the game and got to all seat together.

they got it through stub hub. stub hub is when you buy a ticket and resale it.

so [u]all these tickets are resales[/u] it is not what has not sold. tickets were sold out the first day it was offered to the public.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":347t7qas said:
Sarlacc83":347t7qas said:

You can check yourself on NFL Ticket Exchange, it says how many remaining tickets there are for every game. It was 9,000 a couple days ago. Fact. Saw it with my own eyes.

Given that these are second hand tickets, it actually makes sense the number will fluctuate quite a bit. Forgot about the secondary market. *derp*