Old Seahawks Logo help?

Vaclav44

Reaction score
I'm making a smoker out of a 55 gallon barrel and I'm painting it seahawks colors. I've gone old school on the color pattern in high-temp paint. The drum is oriented vertically.

Here is the deal. The project will be perfect with a Hawks logo stenciled on the sides. My problem is that I can't figure out how to find or make a pattern. Anyone have any bright ideas out there? Feel free to PM me and...

Go Hawks.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Go to kinko's with a thumdrive of the logo you want. have them print it out to the size you want to stencil, then cut out the different section one at a time (as you paint).

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Shock2k":2xrjqcuy said:
Go to kinko's with a thumdrive of the logo you want. have them print it out to the size you want to stencil, then cut out the different section one at a time (as you paint).
And yet you look so helpless and detached in your avatar. I'm impressed.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Take an old logo online that fits on a piece of paper.
Trace a grid pattern on top of it in 1/2" x 1/2" squares.
Figure out how big you want to make it and increase the size the grid to, for example, 2"x2"
Then, trace the logo lines in each square to make your logo larger.

It's really pretty easy.

dunceface

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":eif8t33v said:
Shock2k":eif8t33v said:
And yet you look so helpless and detached in your avatar. I'm impressed.

lolololol

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Contact paper is your friend in this situation.

Lay it onto the surface of your drumb, Do the kinkos thing, trace the image onto the contact paper, remove the areas you don't want with a razor, press the edges back down if anything lifts off the smoker. From here you can spray paint or use a hand brush to get your desired results.

http://youtu.be/xLBy-NNfYfU

This isn't on as large a scale as your smoker, but the concept remains the same. You can get a huge roll of contact paper for a really nice price as well.

Latest posts