Hard To Hate On Atlanta...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Hard To Hate On Atlanta...
Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:02 pm
  • Got a chuckle out of this article. It's so true. Hard to get fired up like you would if it was a hated rival.

http://mynorthwest.com/11/2170420/Befor ... on-Atlanta

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Hard To Hate On Atlanta...
Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:05 pm
  • I don't hate them. I just want to kick the livin' shit outta them.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:06 pm
  • Yes indeed. I want to beat them badly and then have the players take them all out to a nice meal after.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:08 pm
  • I don't live in Atlanta, but I like both the cities the same.

And Starbucks sucks! The coffee that is. There are far better coffee cafes in Seattle and the West Coast for that matter than Starbucks.
    FOGHORN
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:14 pm
  • Starbucks sucks.....How about we take the whole Falcons team to get a bag of fresh Dicks?

http://www.ddir.com/

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:16 pm
  • Yup, Atlanta is a good team and they seem like nice guys who play hard. Hard to hate on them.

It's this fact that makes me wonder if our trash-talking, hard hitting team might get under their skin and force a few mistakes.

Just like the old finesse Seahawks used to fall trap to.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:18 pm
  • Their stadium looks like a zit.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:19 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Starbucks sucks.....How about we take the whole Falcons team to get a bag of fresh Dicks?

Not going to have to go far to find that on this board. I kid, I kid.

Never had their burgers I must admit. Is that the most popular fast food burger there? If it's old fashioned and homemade I'm sure they are great.
    FOGHORN
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:23 pm
  • HawkFan72 wrote:Yup, Atlanta is a good team and they seem like nice guys who play hard. Hard to hate on them.

It's this fact that makes me wonder if our trash-talking, hard hitting team might get under their skin and force a few mistakes.

I am just glad this game isn't when Roddy was younger. White and Sherman would have been into it the first offensive play and our old OL Harvey Dahl would have been ejected.

I still think there is a chance that White and Sherman get a flag or two. Watch out for Asante Samuel too. He is a vet that has major confidence and a mouth to boot.
    FOGHORN
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:24 pm
  • BlueTalon wrote:Their stadium looks like a zit.

I think Arthur Blank agrees with you. Which is why a new one is going to be built in 2017.
    FOGHORN
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:27 pm
  • FOGHORN wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Starbucks sucks.....How about we take the whole Falcons team to get a bag of fresh Dicks?

Never had their burgers I must admit. Is that the most popular fast food burger there? If it's old fashioned and homemade I'm sure they are great.

I had you there for a minute tho....hahahaha

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:32 pm
  • FOGHORN wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Starbucks sucks.....How about we take the whole Falcons team to get a bag of fresh Dicks?

They are greasy, cheap, and amazingly yummy. Its not the most popular in the pure scale of burger sales but is definately local favorite. If i remember right (been a year or two) the most expensive burger is the Dicks Deluxe and its like $2.50 so you end up getting 2-3 burgers and fries(sometimes multiple) at a time. Fries are amazing as long as they are still hot. probably the best drunkmunchie food in town. Make a stop if your in town, worth the trip.
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!
    Wiseguy
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:36 pm
  • FOGHORN wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:Yup, Atlanta is a good team and they seem like nice guys who play hard. Hard to hate on them.

I am just glad this game isn't when Roddy was younger. White and Sherman would have been into it the first offensive play and our old OL Harvey Dahl would have been ejected.

I still think there is a chance that White and Sherman get a flag or two. Watch out for Asante Samuel too. He is a vet that has major confidence and a mouth to boot.

Yeah, exactly. I really think one of the keys for Atlanta is to not let the hawks get under their skin. If they can stay calm, they have a much better chance of executing the way they like to on Offense. For our sake, I hope the Hawks DO irritate the heck out of them. :D

Personally, I think the coaches tell the Hawks D that it's OK to get a couple flags a game as long as they drive the offense crazy and throw them off their game. They are so aggressive that it has to be coached that way with the blessing of the guys in charge. Obviously not try to hurt anybody, but play physical and not be afraid of contact.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:40 pm
  • FOGHORN wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:Their stadium looks like a zit.

I think Arthur Blank agrees with you. Which is why a new one is going to be built in 2017.

It's not going to be a dome again is it?
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:41 pm
  • I cheered for you guys in 2005
    Sean Alexander used to be one of my favorite players
    Steve Largent Nuff said
    I loved watching the beastmode run to knock the Taints out a couple years back
    My Brother was stationed at Fort Lewis and always said the locals were super friendly. He wants to go back. (I'm military also)
    McChord is on my dream sheet
    One of my best friends is from Everett
    When I was a kid, the Mariners were my favorite team...Griffey.
    I've always been an Atlanta Hawks fan, but my west coast team as a kid were the Sonics...Kemp and Payton

Though Seattle isnt my favorite team, I have always liked you guys.

W/ that said...I hope we kick the everliving shit out of you on sunday

:th2thumbs:
    NinjaKixx
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:47 pm
  • NinjaKixx wrote:I cheered for you guys in 2005
    Sean Alexander used to be one of my favorite players
    Steve Largent Nuff said
    I loved watching the beastmode run to knock the Taints out a couple years back
    My Brother was stationed at Fort Lewis and always said the locals were super friendly. He wants to go back. (I'm military also)
    McChord is on my dream sheet
    One of my best friends is from Everett

Though Seattle isnt my favorite team, I have always liked you guys.

W/ that said...I hope we kick the everliving shit out of you on sunday

:th2thumbs:

Air Force huh? Good to see another Airman (got out in 2006). McChord is nice but I can't dig Lakewood, probably one of the bigger shit holes in the northwest.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:48 pm
  • If he used to be one of your favorite players, why don't you know how to spell his name?

;)
    (Shaun Alexander)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:48 pm
  • Not hard to hate them at all - they stand in the way of our first Lombardi Trophy.

If they roll over on Sunday, get beaten to a pulp or something in between, I will go back to my normal feelings - not caring one iota
    for them or the NFC South.
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:56 pm
  • The refs have been letting the players play so far in the playoffs. We'll see if that continues. We will have to watch ourselves. I think they let the guys play last Sunday because both Redskins and Seahawks were chippy all game long. If it's a one-sided affair this Sunday I can see some 15-yard penalties coming our way and against that offense? Ouch.

Be aggressive, be in their face, Punish them physically within the rules, but play smart.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:17 pm
  • AF_Hawk wrote:
    FOGHORN wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:Their stadium looks like a zit.

It's not going to be a dome again is it?

Retractable roof. . .No Dome
    FOGHORN
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:18 pm
  • Aros wrote:The refs have been letting the players play so far in the playoffs. We'll see if that continues. We will have to watch ourselves. I think they let the guys play last Sunday because both Redskins and Seahawks were chippy all game long. If it's a one-sided affair this Sunday I can see some 15-yard penalties coming our way and against that offense? Ouch.

Be aggressive, be in their face, Punish them physically within the rules, but play smart.

Oh wow, this is pretty much the exact post I've been meaning to write for the past couple days. Refs pretty much had to stay out of it last weekend because BOTH teams were going at it. Those antics we have grown to love so much might not fly as well if the other guys resist the temptation to join the party. I say, dial it back early and slowly escalate.

I'm nowhere near as worried about being jobbed as I was in DC, but drive-extending 15-yarders are a great way to get beat by an offense you are hoping to contain.
    Q: “What is your thing?”
    A: “Lay back, kick back, mind my business, stay in my own lane.”
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:38 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information