Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Fail Mary replay
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:26 pm 
NET Starter

I was noticing that the Seahawks have been involved in the two most overplayed replays this year. Fail Mary and RGIII injury. We are notorious

Post subject: Re: Fail Mary replay
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:28 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Aristotle22 wrote:
I was noticing that the Seahawks have been involved in the two most overplayed replays this year. Fail Mary and RGIII injury. We are notorious

Russell Wilson raising the Lombardi trophy will be added to that list in less than a month.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fox0r wrote:
Aristotle22 wrote:

Russell Wilson raising the Lombardi trophy will be added to that list in less than a month.

Yeah right. More like, "Here's Rookie Sensation Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson raising the Lombardi trophy on Sunday after beating the Broncos 33-27, or whatever, anyways... Now let's go live to RGIII's house to hear him go over last month's surgery and his healing process for three straight hours! WHOO!"

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Last edited by Aros on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:32 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Aros wrote:
Fox0r wrote:
Aristotle22 wrote:

Yeah right. More like, "Here's Rookie Sensation Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson raising the Lombardi trophy on Sunday after beating the Broncos 33-27, or whatever, anyways... Now let's go live to RGIII's house to hear him go over last month's surgery and his healing process!"

LOL

35 minute segment on RGIII's recovery process, segways into a 10 second highlight of RW raising the Lombardi, closed out by another 45 minute segment on Rex Ryan's new McElroy tattoo.

Last edited by Fox0r on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:33 pm 
NET Starter

Unfortunately that is probably the case. They may have to cut away to see what the Jets are thinking about in the offseason

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:33 pm 
NET Rookie

I really don't care. I just want our team to piss the whole world off.
No matter what our team does, we won't get no credit.

In the Whiners MB they were talking about how the Giants didn't make it this year so it proves they are just a fraud team. What a bunch of idiots. We will get the same treatment.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:03 pm 
* NET Alumni *

Is anybody else sick and tired of the term "Fail Mary"? The pass was completed.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:17 pm 
NET Veteran

Aros wrote:
Fox0r wrote:
Aristotle22 wrote:

Yeah right. More like, "Here's Rookie Sensation Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson raising the Lombardi trophy on Sunday after beating the Broncos 33-27, or whatever, anyways... Now let's go live to RGIII's house to hear him go over last month's surgery and his healing process for three straight hours! WHOO!"

THANK YOU!!!! And here I thought I was the only one who felt that way. Glad somebody else notices that the media just doesn't know how to move on from RGIII even though his relavance for the year is done.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:24 pm 
NET Veteran

:34853_doh:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:26 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor

SharkHawk wrote:

Hello...I want to say F*** in HUGEbut can't.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:28 pm 
NET Veteran

Beyond sick of it. Let..........it.........go

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:32 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

SharkHawk wrote:

I'm really tired of the whole thing. People are still constantly bringing up this single play when I wear my gear out and about (which is often) so I hear this ALL the time. Can we not just move on from this thing already?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:36 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

I wanted to throat punch Al Michaels on one of the SNF games this season when he mentioned the play and used that term with such contempt as if the Seahawks had planned such a controversial call all along.

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:05 pm 
* NET Alumni *

Al Michaels is a complete D-Bag. I don't care how "great of an announcer" he's supposed to be. He's a crusty old man that looks more and more like Dick Stockton and other old men with spray on hair each day. Give it up Al. You're OLD. Maybe I should make a website that just makes fun of announcers and referees all day. I think there is plenty of material.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:21 pm 
* NET Nobody *

Like I said before, it should be "Wail Mary" because of all the pundits, packers and peckerheads (like al michaels) who keep crying about it.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:26 pm 
NET Practice Squad

I don't recall the Stealers ever having to apologize for Superbowl XL. Why does the media want to keep bringing this up. I'm sorry that I'm not sorry and oh by the way it was a close call anyway and it may very well have been correct.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:30 pm 
NET Practice Squad

By the way, not to hijack this thread at all, but it would be kind of weird if the Superbowl ended up being Seahawks/Ravens. All we heard before Superbowl XL is how this was going to be Jerome Bettis' last game. Frankly, I would be a little worried that we get jobbed again so that Ray Lewis can go out a champion.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:30 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Aros wrote:
I wanted to throat punch Al Michaels on one of the SNF games this season when he mentioned the play and used that term with such contempt as if the Seahawks had planned such a controversial call all along.

I'll be honest I thought the whole thing was friggin stupid. The replacement refs were crucified, and it wasn't their fault in any way.

Maybe there should have been an offensive pass interference on Tate for pushing Shields down, but that wasn't called.

The bottom line is the Packers safety Jennings didn't do his job. It's 4th and 10 with 8 seconds to go, why in the blue blazes was he going for a pick ? He had the position to knock the ball to the ground, or to knock it out of the back of the end zone. Instead he tried to pad his stats with a pick that meant nothing, which allowed Tate to take the ball from him. That's just stupid or poorly coached.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:11 pm 
NET Veteran

Aros wrote:

That's a great name for a band.

"Throat Punch Al Michaels"

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:11 pm 
NET Veteran

Zybot wrote:
By the way, not to hijack this thread at all, but it would be kind of weird if the Superbowl ended up being Seahawks/Ravens. All we heard before Superbowl XL is how this was going to be Jerome Bettis' last game. Frankly, I would be a little worried that we get jobbed again so that Ray Lewis can go out a champion.

If that happens, expect bad calls, all going the Ravens way. Call me crazy, but I am certain that's what they did for Bettis.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:20 pm 
* NET Nobody *

Rocky_Mtn_Falcon wrote:
Aros wrote:
The bottom line is the Packers safety Jennings didn't do his job. It's 4th and 10 with 8 seconds to go, why in the blue blazes was he going for a pick ? He had the position to knock the ball to the ground, or to knock it out of the back of the end zone. Instead he tried to pad his stats with a pick that meant nothing, which allowed Tate to take the ball from him. That's just stupid or poorly coached.

Excellent point! :th2thumbs:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:23 pm 
* NET Alumni *

All he had to do was a hook shot and slam the ball into the back wall. I told that to a bunch of packers fans, and they kept arguing with me telling me that's a dumb play because of all that can go wrong as the ball ricochets. I am like, "ricochets off the back wall out of bounds? How does that cause trouble?" Somebody tells me that it can bounce to another player. I say again, "Off the back wall behind the endzone out of bounds?" They say, "You just don't understand how Hail Mary's work. You're supposed to do EXACTLY what he did and secure that ball so nobody else can." I said, "Why didn't he just tip it a foot over his head out of bounds and probably off of that wall?" Reply, "Because then somebody else could have caught it for a winning TD!!!!".

I really felt like just killing myself.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:02 pm 
NET Veteran

The whole thing was beat to death by ESPN (and NFL, etc.) by continuously showing the ONE same (bad) angle of the play over and over again on TV. Think about it, ANY other replay you've ever seen had MULTIPLE angles of the play that they run over and over, showing all of the angles (many of which CAN be more accurate from different angles). But, not the WailMary catch. Think maybe ESPN had an agenda? The rest of the world now seems to "blame" the Seahawks for cheating or something, even though the replacement refs and the regular refs in the replay booth upheld the on field call and as far as the NFL is concerned, it was a simultaneous catch. Screw the green bay spoilsports and all the National media meatheads too. It is really BS that we still hear about this crap months after the fact.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]