Fail Mary replay

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Fail Mary replay
Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:26 pm
  • I was noticing that the Seahawks have been involved in the two most overplayed replays this year. Fail Mary and RGIII injury. We are notorious
    Aristotle22
    NET Veteran

Re: Fail Mary replay
Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:28 pm
  • Aristotle22 wrote:I was noticing that the Seahawks have been involved in the two most overplayed replays this year. Fail Mary and RGIII injury. We are notorious

Russell Wilson raising the Lombardi trophy will be added to that list in less than a month.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 pm
  • Fox0r wrote:
    Aristotle22 wrote:I was noticing that the Seahawks have been involved in the two most overplayed replays this year. Fail Mary and RGIII injury. We are notorious

Russell Wilson raising the Lombardi trophy will be added to that list in less than a month.

Yeah right. More like, "Here's Rookie Sensation Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson raising the Lombardi trophy on Sunday after beating the Broncos 33-27, or whatever, anyways... Now let's go live to RGIII's house to hear him go over last month's surgery and his healing process for three straight hours! WHOO!"
    Last edited by Aros on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:32 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    Fox0r wrote:
    Aristotle22 wrote:I was noticing that the Seahawks have been involved in the two most overplayed replays this year. Fail Mary and RGIII injury. We are notorious

Yeah right. More like, "Here's Rookie Sensation Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson raising the Lombardi trophy on Sunday after beating the Broncos 33-27, or whatever, anyways... Now let's go live to RGIII's house to hear him go over last month's surgery and his healing process!"

LOL

35 minute segment on RGIII's recovery process, segways into a 10 second highlight of RW raising the Lombardi, closed out by another 45 minute segment on Rex Ryan's new McElroy tattoo.
    Last edited by Fox0r on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:33 pm
  • Unfortunately that is probably the case. They may have to cut away to see what the Jets are thinking about in the offseason
    Aristotle22
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:33 pm
  • I really don't care. I just want our team to piss the whole world off.
    No matter what our team does, we won't get no credit.

In the Whiners MB they were talking about how the Giants didn't make it this year so it proves they are just a fraud team. What a bunch of idiots. We will get the same treatment.
    TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!
    Hawk-A-Loogie
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:03 pm
  • Is anybody else sick and tired of the term "Fail Mary"? The pass was completed.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:17 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    Fox0r wrote:

Yeah right. More like, "Here's Rookie Sensation Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson raising the Lombardi trophy on Sunday after beating the Broncos 33-27, or whatever, anyways... Now let's go live to RGIII's house to hear him go over last month's surgery and his healing process for three straight hours! WHOO!"

THANK YOU!!!! And here I thought I was the only one who felt that way. Glad somebody else notices that the media just doesn't know how to move on from RGIII even though his relavance for the year is done.
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:24 pm
  • :34853_doh:
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:26 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:Is anybody else sick and tired of the term "Fail Mary"? The pass was completed.

Hello...I want to say F*** in HUGEbut can't.
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:28 pm
  • Beyond sick of it. Let..........it.........go
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:32 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:Is anybody else sick and tired of the term "Fail Mary"? The pass was completed.

I'm really tired of the whole thing. People are still constantly bringing up this single play when I wear my gear out and about (which is often) so I hear this ALL the time. Can we not just move on from this thing already?

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:36 pm
  • I wanted to throat punch Al Michaels on one of the SNF games this season when he mentioned the play and used that term with such contempt as if the Seahawks had planned such a controversial call all along.

"We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:05 pm
  • Al Michaels is a complete D-Bag. I don't care how "great of an announcer" he's supposed to be. He's a crusty old man that looks more and more like Dick Stockton and other old men with spray on hair each day. Give it up Al. You're OLD. Maybe I should make a website that just makes fun of announcers and referees all day. I think there is plenty of material.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:21 pm
  • Like I said before, it should be "Wail Mary" because of all the pundits, packers and peckerheads (like al michaels) who keep crying about it.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:26 pm
  • I don't recall the Stealers ever having to apologize for Superbowl XL. Why does the media want to keep bringing this up. I'm sorry that I'm not sorry and oh by the way it was a close call anyway and it may very well have been correct.
    Zybot
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:30 pm
  • By the way, not to hijack this thread at all, but it would be kind of weird if the Superbowl ended up being Seahawks/Ravens. All we heard before Superbowl XL is how this was going to be Jerome Bettis' last game. Frankly, I would be a little worried that we get jobbed again so that Ray Lewis can go out a champion.
    Zybot
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:30 pm
  • Aros wrote:I wanted to throat punch Al Michaels on one of the SNF games this season when he mentioned the play and used that term with such contempt as if the Seahawks had planned such a controversial call all along.

I'll be honest I thought the whole thing was friggin stupid. The replacement refs were crucified, and it wasn't their fault in any way.

Maybe there should have been an offensive pass interference on Tate for pushing Shields down, but that wasn't called.

The bottom line is the Packers safety Jennings didn't do his job. It's 4th and 10 with 8 seconds to go, why in the blue blazes was he going for a pick ? He had the position to knock the ball to the ground, or to knock it out of the back of the end zone. Instead he tried to pad his stats with a pick that meant nothing, which allowed Tate to take the ball from him. That's just stupid or poorly coached.
    Rocky_Mtn_Falcon
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:11 pm
  • Aros wrote:I wanted to throat punch Al Michaels on one of the SNF games this season when he mentioned the play and used that term with such contempt as if the Seahawks had planned such a controversial call all along.

That's a great name for a band.

"Throat Punch Al Michaels"
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:11 pm
  • Zybot wrote:By the way, not to hijack this thread at all, but it would be kind of weird if the Superbowl ended up being Seahawks/Ravens. All we heard before Superbowl XL is how this was going to be Jerome Bettis' last game. Frankly, I would be a little worried that we get jobbed again so that Ray Lewis can go out a champion.

If that happens, expect bad calls, all going the Ravens way. Call me crazy, but I am certain that's what they did for Bettis.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:20 pm
  • Rocky_Mtn_Falcon wrote:
    Aros wrote:The bottom line is the Packers safety Jennings didn't do his job. It's 4th and 10 with 8 seconds to go, why in the blue blazes was he going for a pick ? He had the position to knock the ball to the ground, or to knock it out of the back of the end zone. Instead he tried to pad his stats with a pick that meant nothing, which allowed Tate to take the ball from him. That's just stupid or poorly coached.

Excellent point! :th2thumbs:
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:23 pm
  • All he had to do was a hook shot and slam the ball into the back wall. I told that to a bunch of packers fans, and they kept arguing with me telling me that's a dumb play because of all that can go wrong as the ball ricochets. I am like, "ricochets off the back wall out of bounds? How does that cause trouble?" Somebody tells me that it can bounce to another player. I say again, "Off the back wall behind the endzone out of bounds?" They say, "You just don't understand how Hail Mary's work. You're supposed to do EXACTLY what he did and secure that ball so nobody else can." I said, "Why didn't he just tip it a foot over his head out of bounds and probably off of that wall?" Reply, "Because then somebody else could have caught it for a winning TD!!!!".

I really felt like just killing myself.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:02 pm
  • The whole thing was beat to death by ESPN (and NFL, etc.) by continuously showing the ONE same (bad) angle of the play over and over again on TV. Think about it, ANY other replay you've ever seen had MULTIPLE angles of the play that they run over and over, showing all of the angles (many of which CAN be more accurate from different angles). But, not the WailMary catch. Think maybe ESPN had an agenda? The rest of the world now seems to "blame" the Seahawks for cheating or something, even though the replacement refs and the regular refs in the replay booth upheld the on field call and as far as the NFL is concerned, it was a simultaneous catch. Screw the green bay spoilsports and all the National media meatheads too. It is really BS that we still hear about this crap months after the fact.
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information