My newest jersey

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3rpvwsjv said:
You guys do realize if we win the Super Bowl this season we need to set-up a .Net getaway to the motherland, right....??

We need to convince the team to go with the Lombardi. The Tanzanians would be so incredibly confused. Hell, half the .Net population is confused.

sam1313

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":99722m22 said:
You guys do realize if we win the Super Bowl this season we need to set-up a .Net getaway to the motherland, right....??

Awesome, just awesome. :lol:

Stunna, we basically started kicking butt, especially at home, after the Tanzania advertisements went up in the Clink. There are a couple of great pictures of the team celebrating on the sidelines (whith pC jumping off the ground) with the big Tanzania ad in the background. It has been a superstitious joke around here for some time that we are working under the powers of Tanzania, and apparently Paul Allen went to Tanzania a year or two ago and was very impressed hence the erection of the ads in the Clink.

Peaches beat me to it, and probably did a better job as well.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2jtlhwq2 said:
Seattle_Stunna_MD":2jtlhwq2 said:
So..help me out. What's w/ all the Tanzania references?

Really?

Alright, I'll bite. Through some kind of serendipitous sponsership thing at Centurylink Field this season, there's some giant promotional poster things for Tanzania tourism that are very visible on TV and at the stadium during the games. Beginning around our third (I think) home win, we (collectively) began to (stupidly) attribute our fantastic home form to the power of this massive Tanzania posters. naturally (idiotically) this led to many of us here becoming rather fond of Tanzania, and adopting it as a sort of trendy hipster type good luck charm, believing that with the power of that wonderful African nation at our backs, we are nigh invincible as both a fanbase and a team.

If I remember rightly, it really took hold when UW took down Stanford in college football on September 27th and then locked down as a thing when Seattle beat the Patriots on October 14th. (We didn't have a home game between that time.)

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
Hmm....really, Tanzania of all places? That's pretty random.

http://seattlesportsnet.com/2012/09/17/ ... ia-effect/

This link helped explain alot too.

Regardless of how Tanzania came to be associated with the Seahawks and Sounders (and for a year at least, the Huskies), it’s quite apparent that this touch of marketing genius is more than just a welcome guest, it’s lucky as all hell. Seriously. Effing lucky. Don’t believe me? Take a look at these facts:

Since the ad appeared in late-July, Seattle’s home teams are UNDEFEATED at CenturyLink Field, going 8-0 over that time frame (the Sounders are 3-0; the Seahawks are 1-0 in the regular season, after going 2-0 in the preseason; and the University of Washington football team is 2-0).
With Tanzania inhabiting the North End Zone, the Sounders have outscored their visitors by a margin of 8-1 in that span. Simultaneously, the Seahawks have pasted their opponents by a 75-27 differential (27-7 in the regular season, 48-20 in preseason), while the Huskies have blown out the competition by a mark of 73-25.

I do believe :)

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The power of Tanzania is undeniable... even stronger than the Nile, the Amazon and the Zambezi combined.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
And now, since we went 8-0 at home, Tanzania is cemented in Seattle lore. Good juju? Nope. But good story? sure is.

minormillikin

Reaction score
The two home games I attended this year were the Arizona (58-0) and SF (42-13) games.

Before each game, I walked up to the mighty Tanzanian elephant and placed my hand upon it's trunk for power.

You are all welcome.

Latest posts