Wilson can't even get a raise ?

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
He'll get a nice birthday, x-mas, fathers day, etc....gift I'm sure.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Not that I live there so I probably shouldn't really comment, but if he keeps doing what he's doing, the people of SEATTLE should be taking care of this guy until he gets paid. Russell Wilson should never have to pay for a meal, a drink, parking, gas, a hair cut, a coffee, a pack of gum, a movie... nothing. Businesses should comp him and say thankya, please never ever leave us.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Rather than having something happen which would be a CBA violation and cost Seattle picks/money, I'm sure Wilson is getting taken care of with endorsements. (See the Levi commercial, for instance.)

Greenhell

Reaction score
Does Russ have a paypal account? I'll kick him down some cash.

Sac

Reaction score
I wonder if he's allowed to do a microsoft endorsement, or if that's a no no.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Why worry, folks? You can't imagine that Wilson is going to feel stiffed by the team that gave him a chance to prove all the doubters wrong, can you?

Wilson's proven that he's the franchise QB the team was looking for, and when the CBA allows, you know this FO is going to take care of him (after all, they do seem to be pretty fond of the guy).

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Paul has nothing to do with Microsoft anymore, so I am sure he can. He will make his moolah on endorsements. He's already got a Nike deal. I am sure they are paying him more than his base salary in his contract. The farther he gets in the playoffs the more endorsements he'll pick up which will be the great "offset".

12HawkFan

Reaction score
This times 100 is how you take care of a player that is far outplaying the curreny contract that they have to honor.

GO HAWKS!!!

Sarlacc83":it4szvgu said:
Rather than having something happen which would be a CBA violation and cost Seattle picks/money, I'm sure Wilson is getting taken care of with endorsements. (See the Levi commercial, for instance.)

CPHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":3clm8ebh said:
Not that I live there so I probably shouldn't really comment, but if he keeps doing what he's doing, the people of SEATTLE should be taking care of this guy until he gets paid. Russell Wilson should never have to pay for a meal, a drink, parking, gas, a hair cut, a coffee, a pack of gum, a movie... nothing. Businesses should comp him and say thankya, please never ever leave us.

The guy already makes 3-6x what most people make, why would we pay for anything for him? I pay for his salary when I buy tickets and buy Seahawk gear. It's not like he's hurting at 350k a year plus bonus for playoff's and other things.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":12ua3sy4 said:
This. No need to get him or the team in trouble. One of the reasons the bounty program was deemed illegal by the league (not just in the Saints incident) is that it in essence increased the players' pay and therefore had cap implications. I'm sure that when he's able to get a raise, he will get a gigantic one.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Ummm, I know by NFL standards he's not making much. But there is no way in heck Wilson is hurting for money. The dude is already set for a long time, and my puny salary doesn't need to be going to him for anything. Sorry, but that's the reality.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Assuming his agent is smart, they included escalators in his contract based on performance and exposure.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
sammyc521":1f4yigk3 said:
Assuming his agent is smart, they included escalators in his contract based on performance and exposure.

The rules changed. That's the problem. Old players felt they were getting cut because of the overpayment of young players who hadn't done anything. So.... they really can't do much. They are basically slotted in and that's that. They also can't renegotiate until after I believe his third year.

Harperville

Reaction score
Russell is making mega money every time he takes the field...he just won't see it for a couple years.

pehawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":1r86qmo6 said:
The guy already makes 3-6x what most people make, why would we pay for anything for him? I pay for his salary when I buy tickets and buy Seahawk gear. It's not like he's hurting at 350k a year plus bonus for playoff's and other things.

The dumbest arguement, ever.

CPHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1jxspsrg said:
CPHawk":1jxspsrg said:

You're welcome to pay for his haircuts and coffee and whatever else you like. It's your money do what you like player.

CANHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1lwhd6s5 said:
CPHawk":1lwhd6s5 said:

Yeah, no doubt. Okay, just watch him leave when his conrtact is up for whoever is the highest bidder. I mean, if it's only about the money right..?