Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Angry Birds @ Dirty Birds)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
When we went down 14-0 in the first quarter, all the years of being a frustrated diehard Seahawks fan came flooding back. I screamed and yelled at the ineptitude. I slammed my remote down into the couch pillow (at least I used some common sense while acting like a douche) and walked out of the room. I needed to take a breather. I got on my flight simulator and whisked myself away to some cyberland high above the cyberclouds in my cyber F4U-1D Corsair.

The sound of those pistons is like a soothing liquor being poured down my gullet.

So after a successful landing at some cyberairport, I was ready to face the music. As bad as the game was going to be, I was going to watch the rest unfold.

And unfold it did.

This team has clearly defined itself as having NO relation to those under-achieving, mediocre, Johnny-Come-Lately's of years past. Any one of those teams would have been smoked last Sunday to the tune of 35-7 or something to that effect. This team can get down, but are never, ever out.

Yet, all this week, I've had a bad feeling that the Seahawks 2012 journey will come to and end in Atlanta. I've listened to those smarter than I am go over the matchups. There are valid points to be made by both sides why they think their team will win. For me, it comes down to a few factors. Losing Clemons is HUGE. Losing Hauschka could prove to be the difference. Hopefully not, but he could be. I think the Falcons are spittin' mad over all the talk how HOT the Seahawks are and all you hear about the NFC's #1 seed is how they have failed to advance in the playoffs their past 4 tries. Our corners are the perfect kryptonite to their big receivers, but it's not their receivers I'm concerned with. Gonzalez and anybody else Trufant and our LB's will have to cover.

I think Magic Russ will still be impressive. He will find his touchdowns, and run for chunks at a time, keeping the chains moving. I also expect Lynch to have another 100+ yard performance.

It will likely be a fun, high-scoring affair by both teams, and a really fun game for the country to watch.

I'm just afraid we will fall short this Sunday. If I'm wrong, there's no crow to eat. I won't be surprised if we win. It's just been one of those years, and the magic could continue onto the NFC Championship. I'm going to go with my gut this time and say the Seahawks put up another valiant effort but fall a bit short in the points department.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 28 - Falcons 31

Aros' Fearless Record: 12-5

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I agree with you. Just doesn't quite feel like the ride is going to continue with a 10AM road start, and I'm at peace with that. (OK, not really.)

I'm still not predicting a loss.

Seattle 24 Falcons 21

RtD 10-7

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I am not confident about this game at all. Their offense scares me.

But the Patriots offense scared me more. I think our D can pull it out.

But it is a 10am road game against a VERY good team. I am going to be optimistic and back the team that has surprised me many times this year.

Seahawks 20
Falcons 19

My Record to Date: 9-8

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
Very, very similar to what I predict will happen. Beast Mode gets his...but unfortunately, Browner is the odd man out on our receivers. He failed against Julio last year, and Julio's improved, just as Browner. Sherman will likely hold his man to 60 yards or less, but if he mans on Julio, Roddy is a former state champion wrestler and is just as good (if not better) than Julio this season, so he'll do well. Just lots of weapons. I actually see this coming down to the last five minutes. Possibly the last two. Defensive goal line stands abound.

Falcons 31
Seahawks 27

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Boo Aros...boo, boo, boo!

Hawks 31
Falcons 17

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Hawks lose 35-2

Record picking against Hawks (since Chicago): 0-6

Let's keep it rolling!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The 10am Factor, and all that travel time the past few weeks is another giant factor in my prediction... I would feel a bit more confident if this was a 1pm Eastern game.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I am not going to predict a final score, but I am quite certain both teams will be over 20 points.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I'm terrible at this kind of thing, but I have nothing to lose. I imagine this being a tight game for 60 minutes. May the best team win. ;)

Hawks - 28

Falcons - 17

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3d7txsuc said:
Atlanta 38
Seattle 27

RTD: 9-8
You honestly think this defense will give up 38 points?! For reals?!

Shock2k

Reaction score
I've been diving into this for the past few days, and started out really nervous. But it all finally clicked for me last night.

Close Score: SEA 21 - ATL 20 (-2 SEA Turnovers)
Mid Score: SEA 28 - ATL 17 (no Turnovers)
Blow Out: SEA 35 - ATL 13 (+2 Turnovers)

The bottom line is, Atlanta is no Green Bay, Denver or New England. Personally I think the SB could very possibly be SEA-NE. In order to make it their the games are going to get harder. We will win in Atlanta, San Francisco is going to take down Green Bay, New England and Denver will meet in the AFCC and New England will Win. We will beat San Francisco in San Fran, and meet New England in th eSuperbowl.

My 2 cents.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Aros":2h8ua44h said:
Yet, all this week, I've had a bad feeling that the Seahawks 2012 journey will come to and end in Atlanta.

Yep. Yep. Yep. Agree with your whole post, but especially this part. And I've had that funny feeling from far before the Redskins game. Even when we were hoping a Vikings win would send us to San Francisco instead, I had a gut feeling it would unfold just the way it has so far. I'd love to be proven wrong. The Seahawks could easily prove me wrong. They're a very good team, capable of beating this Atlanta Falcons team. I just can't shake the feeling this isn't yet THE year for us.

Prove me wrong, Seahawks! Win here and win it all.

(tentatively:)

Seahawks 34
Falcons 37

iigakusei

Reaction score
Seahawks 27 - Atlanta 24.
Game winning 51 yard field goal by Longwell.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Take this as a compliment, Aros. I was gutted reading your prediction. I respect what you have to say and love your view on the Hawks. I usually read these and am fired up like hell afterwards. This one pretty much hit the deepest part of my soul. Mostly because I have the same concerns you do about Tru, Hill, Hauschka, and Tony Gonzalez.

However, I just can't bring myself to predict a loss for these guys. I promised myself I wouldn't doubt them anymore. I respect your honesty but I've gotta go with the Hawks in this one.

28-24

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Falcons 31

Seahawks 17

Think they have a point to prove and will play almost a flawless offensive game. We'll hang in there but they pull away at the end.

Latest posts